PDA

View Full Version : Suspension set up!

Magpagaling
01-02-2013, 07:17 PM
Got hit with a extra expenses over the holidays, as I'm sure plenty of others have as well.

But, still made it out like a 'baosss' jk.

I was wondering what some people are riding on suspension wise.

From what i hear coil-overs are the way to go but takes some work to get it to how you like it.
I'm going with the second option new shocks/struts and springs.

From what I have read, NEUSPEED is the way to go for lowering springs and S2 for shocks.

Suggestions, current set up and ride quality. (I'm a person that at times don't slow down in turns so less body roll is a plus)

My bad for disconnecting for a while, work got extremely busy for the holidays along with my own vaca all the month of NOV.

TaffyFG2
01-02-2013, 09:18 PM
Tein for springs. Koni or tokico for shocks. Tein Basis or KSport Kontrol Pro for coilovers.

Magpagaling
01-03-2013, 08:18 AM
Are you using those on your car? how much did it lower it?

LatinEM1
01-03-2013, 08:46 AM
Neuspeed with Koni yellows for sure. Don't go with Skunk2.

I'm on HFP springs and Koni Yellows.

TaffyFG2
01-03-2013, 09:07 AM
Are you using those on your car? how much did it lower it?

I have just Tein springs. Lowers about 1.4 inches. Don't have the shocks and struts because I'm planning on coils soon. But it is recommended to get aftermarket shocks and struts because your oems will eventually go bad.

i-VTapatalk

Magpagaling
01-03-2013, 09:37 AM
LatinEM1
How low does your car sit? i hear they go down avg 2". With the shocks are with how low it rides are they still in operational range? and is the ride nice?

TaffyFG2
Yeah, I'm at almost 50k on this car and I'm starting to feel the body roll.

freakin_elrod
01-03-2013, 09:57 AM
LatinEM1's coupe is a very functional setup. I believe with the HFP springs, his drop is like an inch. If you are trying to go low on just springs, Neuspeed Race would be the lowest lowering spring, followed by the Eibach sportlines, and then the skunk 2 springs. I don't care what people say, the skunk 2's don't go as low as advertised (I've had all three, neuspeed race, skunk 2, and the sportlines). Keep in mind that the neuspeed sport, and race springs both have the highest rear spring rates out of all the lowering springs mentioned so you would want to get a good shock like the koni yellow to support them. Many of the other lowering springs on the market are softer and will do fine with a skunk 2 shock, koni str-t or tokico blue.

LatinEM1
01-03-2013, 09:52 PM
LatinEM1
How low does your car sit? i hear they go down avg 2". With the shocks are with how low it rides are they still in operational range? and is the ride nice?

TaffyFG2
Yeah, I'm at almost 50k on this car and I'm starting to feel the body roll.

The HFP springs aren't low. Like Elrod said, maybe about 1" or less than that.

http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k534/LatinFG2/BBSon2.jpg

king
05-08-2013, 09:52 PM
HFP suspension rides really nice just wish it would set my height a bit lower.