PDA

View Full Version : East Valley Fitness nerds

Fix.it.again.Tony
03-18-2013, 02:50 PM
Would be cool if someone near my side of town (chandler) would have time to be a lift partner...I have the desire to get back into the fun stuff but just need that little extra kick in the ass.

any takers?

jdmrex1
03-18-2013, 03:16 PM
Gl, it seems most of the frequent posters in this section, are all on the east side of town.

Fix.it.again.Tony
03-18-2013, 03:31 PM
Gl, it seems most of the frequent posters in this section, are all on the east side of town.

Wait what?

PhxKid92
03-18-2013, 03:52 PM
im down

Spec C
03-18-2013, 05:08 PM
Where do you lift? I would be down to catch a training session from time to time if you want.

Fix.it.again.Tony
03-18-2013, 06:49 PM
Where do you lift? I would be down to catch a training session from time to time if you want.

Nowhere yet. If I find someone worth the effort, I'll pick up a membership somewhere and make a schedule

Pm me if you want

Rufus
03-18-2013, 07:10 PM
I'm in too but 4 months out of shoulder surgery. La fitness is my gym

PhxKid92
03-18-2013, 08:21 PM
golds> la

Fix.it.again.Tony
03-18-2013, 09:28 PM
I'm in too but 4 months out of shoulder surgery. La fitness is my gym

which one?

we can just do extra legzzzzz days brah

Rufus
03-18-2013, 10:49 PM
Any

Fix.it.again.Tony
03-19-2013, 07:09 AM

Any

HMU

YOLO

i'm off work at 1530 so anytime after that

Littlejon1378
03-19-2013, 08:00 AM
Im DTF are you DTF?:goodjob:

Littlejon1378
03-19-2013, 08:02 AM
HMU

YOLO

You Only Lifted Once

Littlejon1378
03-19-2013, 08:03 AM
Im DTF are you DTF?:goodjob:

Down To Fitness ;D

Spec C
03-19-2013, 08:34 AM
Took 3 posts to get across that brilliant, and insightful message?

Littlejon1378
03-19-2013, 08:44 AM
Took 3 posts to get across that brilliant, and insightful message?

I heard you like fitness, how bout fitness dick in your mouth?:snookems:

Fix.it.again.Tony
03-19-2013, 08:50 AM
oh lord

anyway

ruffles or spec, let me know, I figure either of you are trustworthy enough to spot me from this site lol

clean4door
03-19-2013, 09:07 AM
Damn. Another from the east side, looks like I need to move back that way again

Littlejon1378
03-19-2013, 09:15 AM
Now remember fellas, curls for the girls and tris for the guys... also did u know the average grown man can't even bench press 200lbs? Now tell me, are you boys average or are u manly muscle men?? :spam:

Littlejon1378
03-19-2013, 09:17 AM
oh lord

anyway

ruffles or spec, let me know, I figure either of you are trustworthy enough to spot me from this site lol

Oh trust me i spotted you the second i walked in here sweetheart ;)

Rufus
03-19-2013, 09:43 AM
This guy... he's like a poet. I like him

Fix.it.again.Tony
03-19-2013, 09:45 AM
Now remember fellas, curls for the girls and tris for the guys... also did u know the average grown man can't even bench press 200lbs? Now tell me, are you boys average or are u manly muscle men?? :spam:

I don't isolate like that. I do a push day and a pull day

Littlejon1378
03-19-2013, 09:45 AM
This guy... he's like a poet. I like him

thanks buddy:grin:

Littlejon1378
03-19-2013, 09:50 AM
I don't isolate like that. I do a push day and a pull day

Very very good! Chest and back one day, biceps and triceps one day, legs have there own day, and everyday should have some cardio and then a day deticated to your core and cadio

Littlejon1378
03-19-2013, 09:52 AM
Oh and dont forget shoulders, those will prolly be best on arms day

Littlejon1378
03-19-2013, 09:52 AM
And of course do legs between chest and back and arm day so ur muscles can rest a bit

Littlejon1378
03-19-2013, 09:53 AM
:beatdeadhorse2:

Littlejon1378
03-19-2013, 09:54 AM
:spam:

Fix.it.again.Tony
03-19-2013, 10:06 AM
Very very good! Chest and back one day, biceps and triceps one day, legs have there own day, and everyday should have some cardio and then a day deticated to your core and cadio

the way I see it,

biceps + lats+ back + forearms are worked by pulling

chest + triceps + shoulders + forearms are worked by pushing

do you agree?

Littlejon1378
03-19-2013, 10:38 AM
the way I see it,

do you agree?

Shoulders and fore arms are worked by pushing and pulling but yes i agree, i cant wait to get me a memebership so i can get my dwayne johnson on hahahahaha

bmxican
03-19-2013, 10:38 AM
where do you fit in the day to work out the penis?

Spec C
03-19-2013, 10:41 AM
I train lifts not muscle groups.

Post some vids champ.

Fix.it.again.Tony
03-19-2013, 10:48 AM

Post some vids champ.

what do you mean?

Fix.it.again.Tony
03-19-2013, 10:48 AM
where do you fit in the day to work out the penis?

the gf is off in the evening

Littlejon1378
03-19-2013, 11:01 AM

Post some vids champ.

BRO, you lift trains? Im thoroughly impressed

bmxican
03-19-2013, 11:06 AM
bro i work at gnc i know my shit

Littlejon1378
03-19-2013, 11:08 AM
bro i work at gnc i know my shit

Bro i work at GMC i dont know how to shift:ballin:

Spec C
03-19-2013, 11:09 AM
BRO, you lift trains? Im thoroughly impressed
Again post a video. Until then you have lifted NOTHING.
what do you mean?

Bench, dead, squat. Those are the main lifts. Then use accessory movements to build each lift. What builds the bench? Tricep work, lat work, upper back, etc.

Deadlift. You need to build the posterior chain. Hams, glutes, hips, low back, etc. Dimel deads, RDL's, glute ham raises, deficit deads, yadda yadda.

SiR Mikey
03-19-2013, 11:10 AM
Holy fuck

bmxican
03-19-2013, 11:10 AM
Bro i work at GMC i dont know how to shift:ballin:

you can't shift, but i can fit my cock in those big lips ya got. :beatdeadhorse2::ugly:

Fix.it.again.Tony
03-19-2013, 11:17 AM

Bench, dead, squat. Those are the main lifts. Then use accessory movements to build each lift. What builds the bench? Tricep work, lat work, upper back, etc.

Deadlift. You need to build the posterior chain. Hams, glutes, hips, low back, etc. Dimel deads, RDL's, glute ham raises, deficit deads, yadda yadda.

I'd like to learn some of that.

Is my muscle groups method ineffective?

bmxican
03-19-2013, 11:21 AM
you should let spec c write you a basic workout or go workout with him a couple times to learn the 3 big lifts. Get a good foundation from that and you will venture out later if you continue to pursuit the gym life lol...

I learned those 3 lifts and did that for close to 3 years. I have since tried other ways and train a lot different now than how I was 3 years or 2 years ago.

SiR Mikey
03-19-2013, 11:22 AM

It's amazing how much lack of forearm strength alone can hinder deads and bench

Littlejon1378
03-19-2013, 11:25 AM
Why the fuck would i post a video? Idgaf about all the blah blah bullshit broski haha and you do seem pretty informed on lifting good job :D yolo slomo rolo you already know though

Littlejon1378
03-19-2013, 11:27 AM
you can't shift, but i can fit my cock in those big lips ya got. :beatdeadhorse2::ugly:

Well bring that uncut mexi dick over here then sweetheart :snookems:

Spec C
03-19-2013, 11:35 AM
I'd like to learn some of that.

Is my muscle groups method ineffective?
Actually push/pull is pretty effective. If you are doing the big lifts, you are effectively doing the same thing. You are using pulling/pushing to build the main lifts.

But IMO pushing should include:
Bench
Overhead press(standing strict)

Pulling should include:
Deadlift
Rowing variations, etc

Push, pull, legs is a pretty common program.

Any real "strength" based program is going to center around the big 3 competition lifts, and use all the other stuff to build those lifts.

You can still get in a nice amount of volume/hypertrophy on those assistance movements.

I will give you an example of last night which was bench day for me. You can see the assistance movements are done more like a BB, with higher reps, etc. This builds work capacity, and is good for hypertrophy.

Bench:
bar x many
95 x 10
135 x 10
185 x 1
225 x 1
275 x 1
315 x 1
340 x 3(PR)

Slingshot bench:
315 x 5
325 x 3
335 x 5

5 sec hold bench:(5 seconds on the chest between every rep)
225 x 3
225 x 3
235 x 3

Standing Lat Pulls to Belly
70 x 30
100 x 20
130 x 20
160 x 15

Superset:
1) standing seated cable rows scap retraction 120 x 20 x 4 sets
2) band pushdowns x 20 x 4 sets
It's amazing how much lack of forearm strength alone can hinder deads and bench
YES.

I had SASTM(Sound Assisted Soft tissue mobilization) done yesterday on my pec. Basically they take these hard plastic tools and scrape them hard as fuck on affected areas to break up adhesion and scar tissue. It was one of the most painful things I have ever had done..lol In hindsight having it done an hour before bench pressing wasn't the smartest thing. My pec right now looks like a bruised and bloody mess.

Spec C
03-19-2013, 11:36 AM
Why the fuck would i post a video? Idgaf about all the blah blah bullshit broski haha and you do seem pretty informed on lifting good job :D yolo slomo rolo you already know though

That is because 98% chance you are a weak big mouth faggot, who has never lifted shit.lol

Fix.it.again.Tony
03-19-2013, 11:39 AM
I am in no condition to be power lifting yet. I'd like to get my muscle endurance back first before strength training. Also would like to get my form and diet improved before going big. My stature makes lifting a bit more challenging lol.

bmxican
03-19-2013, 11:41 AM
you know what pissed me off. I have pretty good forearm strength. My buddy has shit forearm strength like when we would deadlift he would always be first to start losing grip. Yet fuckers forearms are sick! Haven't met anyone besides uper echelon lifters/pros/etc that have had better forearm development than him.

besides the genetic role man, I'm still trying hard to develop the forearm as much as possible. especially since Im not going after #s any more...

bmxican
03-19-2013, 11:44 AM
I am in no condition to be power lifting yet. I'd like to get my muscle endurance back first before strength training. Also would like to get my form and diet improved before going big. My stature makes lifting a bit more challenging lol.

thats ignorance, follow what spec c lays out and do it. obviously you will be doing a lot less weight than him, but that doesnt mean you now "powerlifting". You will at least be going to the gym with a purpose. Have a proper training regimen along with cardio and diet aligned you will be seeing results.

Spec C
03-19-2013, 11:45 AM

Powerlifting isn't only about going big(big is relative). If anything it is more apt to teaching proper form. You don't just put on 95% of your max and start moving it. heh..

IMO what I would do if I were you is look into something like "starting strength" or 5/3/1. Both are great programs for someone in your position(just getting back into it), to even advanced lifters. Neither are really powerlifting programs, but are "strength based".

The problem with most people when they use hypertrophy based programs is they build bad habits on compound lifts, don't balance pulling/pushing and develop imbalances, etc. Programs like that will solve a lot of that.

But push/pull/legs is good too. I would just be including multi joint, compound lifts. But that is me. :)

bmxican
03-19-2013, 11:53 AM
Buy this Bridget BEST WORKOUT DVD EVER (http://youtu.be/IGmpYkSvDj8)

Fix.it.again.Tony
03-19-2013, 11:58 AM
I see what you mean.

Forgive my short answers, I'm mobile.

I'm definitely interested in learning more effective ways and methods. I also dislike imbalanced workouts. It's easy to spot those who do too much chest not enough back etc.

Spec C
03-19-2013, 12:16 PM
I see what you mean.

Forgive my short answers, I'm mobile.

I'm definitely interested in learning more effective ways and methods. I also dislike imbalanced workouts. It's easy to spot those who do too much chest not enough back etc.

Yea that is a big time problem and leads to a host of issues(bad posture being one). I suffered from that as well. Not enough upper back, and scapular retraction. The shoulders begin to round forward all the time, and you go through life lurching around, slumped forward.

This is worsened if you have a desk job where you sit all day, slumped over a computer, as is issues with the posterior chain(shortened hamstrings, tight hip flexors, etc)

A lot of peoples training is also very quad dominant, and lacks adequate hamstring work. Building up the posterior chain is VERY important.

PM me your email addy. I will send you an ebook, that might help you.

bmxican
03-19-2013, 12:25 PM
the 5/3/1 ? book spec c?

Fix.it.again.Tony
03-19-2013, 12:26 PM
I'll pm you. The biggest issue I noticed was the lack of pre and post workout stretching.

Spec C
03-19-2013, 12:27 PM
the 5/3/1 ? book spec c?

Yea. 5/3/1, and spreadsheet.

bmxican
03-19-2013, 12:31 PM
get your ass on a stairmaster and that will stretch you out for sure!! the 5/3/1 program will work great for you man. Follow it and if you want look else where for dietary help. Jim Wendler himself says he aint the person to ask. Like that about him honest guy. He could of BS'd you to sell more but doesnt.

bmxican
03-19-2013, 12:34 PM
I'll be purchasing the Shelby Starnes book on dietary help here soon.

Fix.it.again.Tony
03-19-2013, 12:34 PM
Yea. 5/3/1, and spreadsheet.

I like spreadsheets

Littlejon1378
03-19-2013, 12:48 PM
That is because 98% chance you are a weak big mouth faggot, who has never lifted shit.lol

YOLO, you only lifted once.... BRO

1badLst
03-19-2013, 01:04 PM
I leave for a month and I come back, and its noob/troll central in this bitch.

Fix.it.again.Tony
03-19-2013, 01:10 PM
I leave for a month and I come back, and its noob/troll central in this bitch.

Glad to see you're back, my schedule finally stabilized. So I want to work out again

1badLst
03-19-2013, 01:16 PM
Nice. Once you get on a solid schedule and routine things start coming a long easier.

Fix.it.again.Tony
03-19-2013, 01:18 PM
Nice. Once you get on a solid schedule and routine things start coming a long easier.

Well hopefully rufus or spec will be able to go

1badLst
03-19-2013, 01:23 PM
your out chandler way right? I'm all the way up in north scottsdale. You guys are a decent trek for me.

Fix.it.again.Tony
03-19-2013, 01:56 PM
your out chandler way right? I'm all the way up in north scottsdale. You guys are a decent trek for me.

Yea otherwise I would have hit you up first

BB6 SwAg
03-19-2013, 02:05 PM
the way I see it,

do you agree?

Yessir. But I would only do that about a month then change up the groups. Like chest/Back, shoulders/Arms, legs. Add some core work in every other day. You gonna get on a nutrition plan at all?

Spec C
03-19-2013, 02:11 PM
What kind of results are you going to see from a month on a program? It takes time. If your programming is correct you should be able to run the same program for YEARS. Once you find a legit, well sorted program.
I would not change shit for 6 months MINIMUM.

For example going into the gym, and doing a bunch of shit, willy-nilly, with no rhyme or reason, is not a well sorted program.

Fix.it.again.Tony
03-19-2013, 02:28 PM
At this point, a disciplined time schedule, reducing portions, and a good set/rep list is my initial goal.

I am short and stocky so leaning and getting toned are very difficult. Especially without that 19 year-old metabolism lol.

Spec C
03-19-2013, 02:37 PM
Crossfit braaaaaah!

BB6 SwAg
03-19-2013, 02:46 PM
What kind of results are you going to see from a month on a program? It takes time. If your programming is correct you should be able to run the same program for YEARS. Once you find a legit, well sorted program.
I would not change shit for 6 months MINIMUM.

For example going into the gym, and doing a bunch of shit, willy-nilly, with no rhyme or reason, is not a well sorted program.

Just giving him a idea. Muscle confusion. Keep the body guessing. I never said anything about doing shit "Willy nilly" in my opinion, I don't like anyone going to the gym without some kind of plan. Its just pointless. But remember OP its mostly nutrition.

Fix.it.again.Tony
03-19-2013, 02:53 PM
Just giving him a idea. Muscle confusion. Keep the body guessing. I never said anything about doing shit "Willy nilly" in my opinion, I don't like anyone going to the gym without some kind of plan. Its just pointless. But remember OP its mostly nutrition.

I recall reading about muscles "remembering" your workout pattern. I mixed up the actual exercises but stayed consistent on the days. I feel like the recovery time is important

BB6 SwAg
03-19-2013, 03:02 PM
Anytime you change anything. It helps in my opinion. And get your 8-9 hours of sleep a night..

Spec C
03-19-2013, 03:08 PM

Again a well sorted plan should have variety. Muscle confusion is some dumb bullshit p90x term. Your muscles don't get confused..lol

There is something called "The law of accommodation" however and you can benefit from a change in stimulus but this is not a problem for most people.

And "it's mostly nutrition" means what? What is mostly nutrition? (not being a dick, just asking for some clarification).

As my lifting partner would say "Stop majoring in the minors". Get a plan, go in there, and lift shit up. If you are a noob-intermediate lifter, being worried about nonsensical shit like "muscle confusion" is crazyness. IMO.

Fix.it.again.Tony
03-19-2013, 03:12 PM
Again a well sorted plan should have variety. Muscle confusion is some dumb bullshit p90x term. Your muscles don't get confused..lol

There is something called "The law of accommodation" however and you can benefit from a change in stimulus but this is not a problem for most people.

And "it's mostly nutrition" means what? What is mostly nutrition? (not being a dick, just asking for some clarification).

As my lifting partner would say "Stop majoring in the minors". Get a plan, go in there, and lift shit up.

I'm wanting to do the last part, that's why I posted in here to see if anyone wanted to join. I kinda need the kickstart unfortunately

BB6 SwAg
03-19-2013, 03:15 PM
Well my friend, you are in fact "being a Dick". Just trying to help a guy that's got questions about lifting. Mostly nutrition means exactly what it says. If you get on a solid plan and work out with a solid plan then your gonna see results. If you eat like a fat ass then you won't. Lol idk what your asking? I'm just giving him general knowledge. Didn't know you needed a degree to voice a opinion on a forum Haha...

Spec C
03-19-2013, 03:24 PM
Well my friend, you are in fact "being a Dick". Just trying to help a guy that's got questions about lifting. Mostly nutrition means exactly what it says. If you get on a solid plan and work out with a solid plan then your gonna see results. If you eat like a fat ass then you won't. Lol idk what your asking? I'm just giving him general knowledge. Didn't know you needed a degree to voice a opinion on a forum Haha...

Ok now I will be a dick...lol I asked for clarification because "mostly nutrition" means NOTHING without explanation of what you are talking about.

Getting very lean. Yes is "largely" influenced by diet.

Getting strong. No not mostly nutrition.

Getting big. Depends what you define as "nutrition". Food sure. Eating "clean" not always.

Not everyone cares about looking like an Abercrombie and Fitch poster boy.

So if your goal is to just get strong as fuck, "nutrition" in the sense that I think you are using it, means just about dick.

So instead of being a jack-off, clarify yourself. That is why I asked.

Spec C
03-19-2013, 03:27 PM
Here is one of my lifting partners. By your logic, that results = mostly nutrition, he should be a weak puny bitch. lol Guy eats whatever he wants, and as much as he wants.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-5jFZxA-4g

Now if you are talking about getting shredded, then YES, a lot comes down to your diet.

BB6 SwAg
03-19-2013, 03:35 PM
Ok now I will be a dick...lol I asked for clarification because "mostly nutrition" means NOTHING without explanation of what you are talking about.

Getting very lean. Yes is "largely" influenced by diet.

Getting strong. No not mostly nutrition.

Getting big. Depends what you define as "nutrition". Food sure. Eating "clean" not always.

Not everyone cares about looking like an Abercrombie and Fitch poster boy.

So if your goal is to just get strong as fuck, "nutrition" in the sense that I think you are using it, means just about dick.

So instead of being a jack-off, clarify yourself. That is why I asked.

Well jackass, I figured since he said he wanted to get lean. you read enough to know that, when I said "mostly nutrition" it ment in that since. He said himself he wants to get leaner first. No need to start insulting people.

Spec C
03-19-2013, 03:48 PM
Well jackass, I figured since he said he wanted to get lean. you read enough to know that, when I said "mostly nutrition" it ment in that since. He said himself he wants to get leaner first. No need to start insulting people.

You can get "leaner" without any special nutritional changes if you go from sitting on your ass all day, to actually expending energy. He didn't say he wanted to be shredded or anything. Just lean up.

So again, no.

Getting lean beyond a certain point, sure.

So instead of being an immature bitch, just answer the question, and clarify yourself. That is what adults do in a big boy conversation.

BB6 SwAg
03-19-2013, 03:52 PM
Lol. Sorry brroooo I figured you could read. ;) no hard feelings?

Spec C
03-19-2013, 03:54 PM
Lol. Sorry brroooo I figured you could read. ;) no hard feelings?

Obviously you are too dense to get it.

BB6 SwAg
03-19-2013, 03:56 PM
P.S. I hate when people do bicep curls in the squat rack...

Spec C
03-19-2013, 03:57 PM

Why? It causes muscle confusion.

skar1.0
03-19-2013, 04:01 PM
Bazinga!

Fix.it.again.Tony
03-19-2013, 04:11 PM
You guys are funny

I do a lot of walking around at my hospital, so I am not totally immobile during the day, I have access to a nice cafeteria for breakfast and lunch so I can improve my diet more.

I am at 175 right now size 34 waist, would like to go back to about 170 30 waist,

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/31274_401373582887_5685625_n.jpg

front that ^

to this

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/1934_43802412887_795_n.jpg

I worked out with friends in the Navy and learned the basics (form, muscle groups, and being careful who to listen to) but I never got deep into it. So now that I have time, I'd like to be more educated about what I am doing to myself. I have an above average understanding of the physiological functions of the body, now I just need to understand the lifting concepts better.

Fix.it.again.Tony
03-19-2013, 04:12 PM
Lifting is sometimes difficult because I have shorter arms and limited rotation of my shoulders (no clue why)

so this should be interesting

PhxKid92
03-19-2013, 04:15 PM
spec do u have any videos of yourself lifting?

skar1.0
03-19-2013, 04:17 PM
spec do u have any videos of yourself lifting?

Check the 2013 thread he's posted a few

PhxKid92
03-19-2013, 04:25 PM
yea just seen that lol fucking beast

1badLst
03-19-2013, 04:40 PM
Spec is simply calling you out because your simply regurgitating things you've probably read on the internet, heard your crossfit friends say, or some shit you saw on an infomercial. The problem with that in this case is this: You have a guy asking for help in order to reach a specific goal. When people who don't really know what they're talking about chime in with terms like "muscle confusion" and "mostly nutrition", gym rats like Spec and myself and Dsquared shake our heads and laugh. Your not helping the guy, your actually giving him misinformation. Which he might actually listen to, and even pass that information on to someone else. And then you end up with people who don't get results and repeat stupid information thats false. Maybe you didn't know what you were saying, maybe you just like to hear yourself sound important on a forum, maybe you actually truly believed in what you were saying and you had the best intentions. I have no clue. But just in the future, if your planning on giving advice about someones health, make sure you eat sleep and breathe this stuff, and know what your telling people.

Spec C
03-19-2013, 04:43 PM
Lifting is sometimes difficult because I have shorter arms and limited rotation of my shoulders (no clue why)

That can be an advantage. If we ever lift together I'll help you try and optimize your form for your proportions .

Do you have shoulder mobility issues?

Phxkid . here was a 500lb beltless deadlift from a few weeks back. This was a warmup. Hips came up faster than id like.Last week I pulled 500 x 5.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfRn9jwCaXo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Spec C
03-19-2013, 04:45 PM
Spec is simply calling you out because your simply regurgitating things you've probably read on the internet, heard your crossfit friends say, or some shit you saw on an infomercial. The problem with that in this case is this: You have a guy asking for help in order to reach a specific goal. When people who don't really know what they're talking about chime in with terms like "muscle confusion" and "mostly nutrition", gym rats like Spec and myself and Dsquared shake our heads and laugh. Your not helping the guy, your actually giving him misinformation. Which he might actually listen to, and even pass that information on to someone else. And then you end up with people who don't get results and repeat stupid information thats false. Maybe you didn't know what you were saying, maybe you just like to hear yourself sound important on a forum, maybe you actually truly believed in what you were saying and you had the best intentions. I have no clue. But just in the future, if your planning on giving advice about someones health, make sure you eat sleep and breathe this stuff, and know what your telling people.

This fella gets it.

PhxKid92
03-19-2013, 04:46 PM
good lord i probably couldnt even roll that on the floor lol

skar1.0
03-19-2013, 04:46 PM
Spec how much do you weigh and how long have you been training?

1badLst
03-19-2013, 04:54 PM
He just started last week.........

Spec C
03-19-2013, 05:08 PM
Right now 205-210. Lifting for like 8 years but specifically focused on strength about a year. The first few years I spent spinning my wheels.wish I had people willing to help.

I'm the weakest out of my lifting partners lol this was from yesterday. Freak.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aH78sD9_9cc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Fix.it.again.Tony
03-19-2013, 05:16 PM
That can be an advantage. If we ever lift together I'll help you try and optimize your form for your proportions .

Do you have shoulder mobility issues?

Phxkid . here was a 500lb beltless deadlift from a few weeks back. This was a warmup. Hips came up faster than id like.Last week I pulled 500 x 5.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfRn9jwCaXo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

No mobility issues.

Check your pm

skar1.0
03-19-2013, 05:38 PM
Right now 205-210. Lifting for like 8 years but specifically focused on strength about a year. The first few years I spent spinning my wheels.wish I had people willing to help.

I'm the weakest out of my lifting partners lol this was from yesterday. Freak.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aH78sD9_9cc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Damn, that's massive weight on that bench

SiR Mikey
03-19-2013, 06:20 PM

Wait, that's not a curl rack?

bmxican
03-19-2013, 06:39 PM

already making up BULLSHIT EXCUSES. Short fucks excel at lifting/bodybuilding/powerlifting etc.

bmxican
03-19-2013, 06:41 PM
Wait, that's not a curl rack?

naw bro its, the p90x multi purpose cage. you can do burpees, pull ups, all that fiddle faddle p90x stuff.

SiR Mikey
03-19-2013, 09:38 PM
I'm hardcore. I prefer Insanity with Shaun T, nothing like a gay black man to motivate you

Fix.it.again.Tony
03-20-2013, 08:22 AM
rofl

bb4arson
03-20-2013, 10:17 PM
This fella gets it.

i get it to man . I was shaking my head along with laughing at the stupidity that was being said ..

PhxKid92
03-20-2013, 10:33 PM
i get it to man . I was shaking my head along with laughing at the stupidity that was being said ..
when are you gonna give me my rematch ''arm wrestling'' :partyparty:

Dsquared Upholstery
08-17-2013, 12:25 PM
Lol. This thread is great.

There's some good knowledge and a lot of misinformation. It's funny how everyone seems to be a fitness expert whether they look like the Michelin man or not.

Spec's pretty knowledgable and very strong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk