PDA

View Full Version : know any good recipes?

Chinky
01-09-2007, 01:15 PM
first of all how many of you cook? i like to cook :0

anyone know any easy really good recipes that they would like to share, since i'm the type that rather cook than go out and eat. i made ribs the other night, i cooked them bitches for 6hrs, made some garlic mashed taters and garlic bread with corn on the cob. that was a good dinner, we ate ribs with forks that's how soft they came out.

Chiodos
01-09-2007, 01:16 PM
yessum i cook i started to do culinary school but cut that off real quick figured i wouldnt love it as much if i HAD to do it every day.......

Chinky
01-09-2007, 01:25 PM
yessum i cook i started to do culinary school but cut that off real quick figured i wouldnt love it as much if i HAD to do it every day.......

so do u cook at home all the time? simple good recipes please :0

hector200
01-09-2007, 01:26 PM
top ramen and tapito with a dab of ranch

horchata690
01-09-2007, 01:58 PM
heres an easy one for ya, and one of my favorites

get some of that french bread rolls and cut the roll in half.

add butter to the tops of the roll then add some ragu or a tomato sauce of your choice.

add some shredded mozerella chesse to the top and some pepperonis

pop these bad boys in the oven and "voila" little handheld pizza bread things..

hahah i dont know what to call them but me and my roomates make them all the time, pretty easy cheap and tasty. :tongue:

1 point 6
01-09-2007, 02:03 PM
chicken breast, put pasta/pizza sauce on the top and cover with mozerella and bake it like you would normal chicken. sooooooo tasty.

for a sunday football snack. 1/2 block of the big velveta cheese block, 1 jar of any salsa and 3/4lb of ground beef. brown the meat, melt the cheese and add salsa, stir it up and serve it with chips.

rushbuster70
01-09-2007, 02:13 PM
damn i love cooking...fry some chicken legs or wings with just pepper...in a sauce pan use about 1-2 spoons of butter...then poor hot sauce in with the butter....

wallllaaa

home cooked chicken wings/legs that are as spicy as you want them

advert
01-09-2007, 02:21 PM
first of all how many of you cook? i like to cook :0

anyone know any easy really good recipes that they would like to share, since i'm the type that rather cook than go out and eat. i made ribs the other night, i cooked them bitches for 6hrs, made some garlic mashed taters and garlic bread with corn on the cob. that was a good dinner, we ate ribs with forks that's how soft they came out.

you know whats good on ribs

sounds crazy but if you let them sit in coke and brown sugar before hand

omg amazing.

advert
01-09-2007, 02:22 PM
damn i love cooking...fry some chicken legs or wings with just pepper...in a sauce pan use about 1-2 spoons of butter...then poor hot sauce in with the butter....

wallllaaa

home cooked chicken wings/legs that are as spicy as you want them

this so reminds me of your brother

rushbuster70
01-09-2007, 02:30 PM
this so reminds me of your brother

haha why?hes lame and doesnt cook...

advert
01-09-2007, 02:31 PM
haha why?hes lame and doesnt cook...

no cause every time i see him he wants chicken. the whole way home from vegas he would not stop talking about it.

Chiodos
01-09-2007, 02:33 PM
my mexican lasagna

*cottage cheese
*sour cream
*hot picante sauce
*hamburger
*lasagna noodles
*shredded cheese

boil the noodles......

cook the hamburger and chop it up real fine throw in the picante sauce to
warm up....

while hamburger is cooking mix the cottage cheese and sour cream together in a bowl.....

once all that is ready get a glass baking dish and put a lil bit of the Picante sauce in the bottom of the pan to prevent sticking then put a layer of noodles down then hamburger then noodles then the cottage cheese/sour cream mix then cheese and repeat till ingredients are gone and bake on 350 for 20-30 min! iz real good

Chinky
01-09-2007, 02:39 PM
you know whats good on ribs

sounds crazy but if you let them sit in coke and brown sugar before hand

omg amazing.

mmmmm... wait wtf did u say? coke as in soda? how much brown sugar and how much coke? how long to you let it sit? i may be brave enuff to try this. and do u have to bbq them? add bbq sauce after they are done?

bigfigman
01-09-2007, 03:02 PM
mmmmm... wait wtf did u say? coke as in soda? how much brown sugar and how much coke? how long to you let it sit? i may be brave enuff to try this. and do u have to bbq them? add bbq sauce after they are done?

coke will burn a hole thru your cars paint, so it works wonders as a meat tenderizer, and the brown sugar gives it all the flavor in the world. if you dont want to use coke, white vinegar works just as well. let then marinate overnite and they will be ready for a midday bbq.

rushbuster70
01-09-2007, 03:15 PM
dude my dads girlfriend just marinates ribs and cooks them in the oven...so juicy....jared dude chickens the bomb

Chinky
01-09-2007, 03:16 PM
coke will burn a hole thru your cars paint, so it works wonders as a meat tenderizer, and the brown sugar gives it all the flavor in the world. if you dont want to use coke, white vinegar works just as well. let then marinate overnite and they will be ready for a midday bbq.

so just completely submerge it in coke and ?a cup of brown sugar? over night and bbq that ish the next day? does it have a coke flavor or is the coke just to tendorize? i think i have heard about doing this before...

Chinky
01-09-2007, 03:18 PM
for a sunday football snack. 1/2 block of the big velveta cheese block, 1 jar of any salsa and 3/4lb of ground beef. brown the meat, melt the cheese and add salsa, stir it up and serve it with chips.

that sounds really good right now

*inFamous*
01-09-2007, 03:55 PM
i can make a few mean stir frys if your interested. 15 minutes or less meals!

bigfigman
01-09-2007, 04:20 PM
so just completely submerge it in coke and ?a cup of brown sugar? over night and bbq that ish the next day? does it have a coke flavor or is the coke just to tendorize? i think i have heard about doing this before...

yeah, the cooking process eliminates the Coke flavor. All you will taste is the brown sugar. Heres your marinade: Coke or vinegar(enough to cover the meat completely), one cup brown sugar, salt to taste(so, to your liking), paprika to taste, teaspoon black pepper, and two eggs. Let it sit for approx. twelve hours or overnite in fridge. Turn the meat over once, and you are set. Makes for some very tasty tender meat.

Rufus
01-09-2007, 04:34 PM
I am the bomb with a microwave

ODDITY
01-09-2007, 10:42 PM
where is our future chef at need to pm blkmrkt he is a excellent chef i have ate his food its the bomb bring hiss ass to this thread some one

blkmrkt
01-10-2007, 12:19 AM
yeah im to lazy to type though. i go to culinary school and cook in a bistro. ill be partners in a cafe/bistro sometime this year. im going to italy to cook for 3 months in april and this should come together then.

enigma94
01-10-2007, 01:13 AM
Yea i cool a lot, but i'm a vegitarian so all of it is without meat, I doubt most of you would like it.

blkmrkt
01-10-2007, 01:43 AM
me too im a veg

redlog4200
01-10-2007, 02:36 AM
i like to grill :clap:
subarude is going to that school he could come up with some good stuff

barroom hero
01-10-2007, 02:50 AM
me too im a veg

im a banana/carnivore but i like what this guy has to cook!

barroom hero
01-10-2007, 02:52 AM
i like to grill :clap:
subarude is going to that school he could come up with some good stuff

subarude = blkmrkt ;)

rushbuster70
01-10-2007, 09:33 AM
dude were in italy...i got family there and i've been there like 3 times...soo tyte man...

another of my favorite things to cook...grilled or fried steak marinated in some tobasco for 1 full day...basic but very good yumm

dj KVS
01-10-2007, 09:56 AM
make pork adobo...quick and easy. and the fucka taste ONO'!!!!

hizay151
01-10-2007, 11:37 AM
I love cooking.. Especially a combo of meat (pork/beef/poultry) and seafood.

Sucks that we're landlocked... Fresh seafood here is expensive compared to WA

dj KVS
01-10-2007, 12:05 PM
I love cooking.. Especially a combo of meat (pork/beef/poultry) and seafood.

Sucks that we're landlocked... Fresh seafood here is expensive compared to WA

speakin of seafood...I miss the Ahi and Tako poke'. the fucka is mean!!! we used to go to Hilo and pick up a whole Ahi (yellow fin tuna for you mainland peeps) and make poke' for everybody. Can't beat fresh seafood!! LeeLee's has some Ahi once in a while but they look old and doesn't taste fresh.

Splashystrwbery
01-10-2007, 12:19 PM
i like cooking, but not as much as i like baking

baking is more of an art, with cooking, u can throw basically random measurements and still some out good

baking is percise, perfect measurements, and perfect oven circulation and temperature, u have a pinch too much baking powder, ur cookies will be giagantic and cook uneavenly.

i vote we have a pot luck type or get together, a park or what not and just feast for hours!!
what do u think?

Chinky
01-10-2007, 12:21 PM

please :0

i :inlove: eating

blacksihatch
01-10-2007, 12:23 PM
ASK THAT DUDE WHO'S GIRLFRIEND MADE THEM BROWNIES..BECAUSE YOU GET A MOVIE WITH IT ALSO......you guys who remember know what im talking about......

sorry man

hizay151
01-10-2007, 12:25 PM
you mean, baking is more of a science...

its too tedious...

Chinky
01-10-2007, 12:27 PM
i like cooking, but not as much as i like baking

baking is more of an art, with cooking, u can throw basically random measurements and still some out good

baking is percise, perfect measurements, and perfect oven circulation and temperature, u have a pinch too much baking powder, ur cookies will be giagantic and cook uneavenly.

i vote we have a pot luck type or get together, a park or what not and just feast for hours!!
what do u think?

i'm in :0 sounds good

Chinky
01-10-2007, 12:28 PM
speakin of seafood...I miss the Ahi and Tako poke'. the fucka is mean!!! we used to go to Hilo and pick up a whole Ahi (yellow fin tuna for you mainland peeps) and make poke' for everybody. Can't beat fresh seafood!! LeeLee's has some Ahi once in a while but they look old and doesn't taste fresh.

you should go to montano avenue since your in tucson they have really good ahi there. it's on grant next to the subaru dealer

Chinky
01-10-2007, 12:29 PM
everyone is naming ish but no one is saying how to make it :pissed:

hizay151
01-10-2007, 12:44 PM
You want recipes?? try this on for size

This is the Recipe for my Garlic Buttered Shrimp...

OMG, its simple, but sooo tasty... Might have to make a batch this weekend for dinner, haha

-1/2 cup unsalted butter
-1 1/2 to 2 pounds large shrimp(i prefer tiger prawns), deveined... You can peel them.. But i recomend leaving them on, they add more flavor to the buttery sauce
-4 to 6 medium cloves of fresh garlic, crushed and minced
-1/3 cup finely fresh green onions (green and white parts)
-Half of a Medium sized Lemon
-1 tbs Garlic Powder
-1 tbs Onion powder
-Salt to taste
-pepper

If you can get Johnny's Seasoning... U can use that to seasonin place of the salt and pepper.. its the shit...

In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat until butter stops foaming, about 30 to 45 seconds. Add the shrimp,garlic, onion powder, garlic powder and sauté over medium heat, turning frequently until the shrimp just turn pink, about 4 to 5 minutes.

Add the green onions, lemon juice, and salt/pepper; stir well. Remove the pan from the heat and serve immediately, over white rice and a nice grilled steak.

Chinky
01-10-2007, 12:47 PM
damn sounds good. but i don't like sea food :(

i'll have to have my girl try it

hizay151
01-10-2007, 12:52 PM
that's what happens when you live in a land locked state... You don't get to flavor the delicousness of fresh seafood...

Sad day...

Chinky
01-10-2007, 12:54 PM
that's what happens when you live in a land locked state... You don't get to flavor the delicousness of fresh seafood...

Sad day...

o...k i'm from california, the bay to be exact. so i was never deprived of sea food, i just don't like it

Nott_Sure
01-10-2007, 03:09 PM

Spill the beans Ravi! lol, sounds yummy :thumbup:

Im pretty good at making breakfast items. Only thing i can put together and bake is pumpkin pie, only because its my favorite since i was 2.

oh i can fry fish/cook crab and make rice(with/without rice cooker).... naturally ;)

danG
01-10-2007, 03:15 PM
recipies are for the weak :)

I cook all the time... my dad was a chef so we were always cooking up good stuff :clap:

blkmrkt
01-10-2007, 03:45 PM
dude were in italy...i got family there and i've been there like 3 times...soo tyte man...

another of my favorite things to cook...grilled or fried steak marinated in some tobasco for 1 full day...basic but very good yumm
in umbria , i cant wait

IntegraGSR
01-10-2007, 05:56 PM
Ok, really easy one for ya!

You need one bar of cream cheese, 2 cans of chilie no beans and a bag of cheese, and a bag of tortilla chips.

Spread the cream cheese on the bottom of a rectangle cake pan, chillie on top of that cheese on top of that, throw in oven (350) until cheese is melted. Let cool for a little bit and enjoy. You can also throw in green chilies, I'm just used to making this for picky eaters! :)

Splashystrwbery
01-10-2007, 06:35 PM
a good fast reciepe for u cookin-unable

prepackaged ravioli with out sauce

frying pan

olive oil

parmesian cheese

cook ravioli in the frying pan w/ olive oil

once cooked toss with good amount of grated parmesian

simple and delicious

Chinky
01-16-2007, 07:54 AM
[QUOTE=Splashystrwbery;252531]baking is more of an art, with cooking, u can throw basically random measurements and still some out good

QUOTE]

idk from what you are saying i would have to say that cooking is more of an art than baking. isn't art experimental and free? the purpose of art is to express one's self in there own not to be precise and exact like everyone else. i would say baking is an art as well, but just as much so as cooking.

blkmrkt
01-16-2007, 08:03 AM
baking is for sure science but both are arts...........

barroom hero
01-16-2007, 10:35 AM
mix marinara sauce and grape jelly as a sauce for meatballs.

soo good

Splashystrwbery
01-16-2007, 11:08 PM
hey guys im back!! ok reciepe time..

a great desert

cut and orange in half. depending on ur skillz u can use kitchen siccors to make a zig-zag edge.

remove the fruit so u only have a "bowl" left

scoop rainbow sherbert into the orange bowl tightly and round it off. place oranges into the freezer for about an hour +

remove and eat. its great for parties and looks as good as it tastes!

lol @ my paint drawing

civic type R
01-16-2007, 11:14 PM
caitlen knows her shit :]]

Splashystrwbery
01-16-2007, 11:40 PM
ya i do.. i wish i knew WHEN ALEX WAS BUYING MY TURBOO

:poke:

blkmrkt
01-17-2007, 06:33 AM
mix marinara sauce and grape jelly as a sauce for meatballs.

soo good

wtf never heard of this................

rushbuster70
01-17-2007, 06:55 AM
dude strawberry girl cook me some food

Splashystrwbery
04-30-2007, 03:21 PM
chop: broccoli, mushrooms, celery, onion, red pepper, peas, and peanuts (optional)
1 large chicken brest, grilled. ( i marinated it in soy sauce and minced garlic.)
chop into bit size pieces.

1 teaspoon of oil ( i used 1/2 teaspoon vege oil, 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce with minced galic)

heat in a wok, or skillet, untill the vetetables r as tender as you like. add chicken, and a little more soy or teryaki

get uncle bens instant rice, in the pouch.
long grain white. follow directions (vent, microwave for 2:30)

put rice in a bowl, then stir fry over it.

add soy as you like.

YUMmY

easy..

Owens
04-30-2007, 03:27 PM

Hells no, its about cocaine and brown sugar and BBQ sauce with lemon.