PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a dealer license?

boostfedevo
08-31-2014, 03:19 PM
Anyone have a dealer license? Just wondering how long it takes to get and where it can be used (auctions?l)

I tried to look it up on Adot but doesn't provide all the info.

Spec C
08-31-2014, 03:40 PM
What type of dealer license are you trying to obtain? Wholesale? Used car? Broker? Etc.

Do you have a physical location, in which you can run a dealership?

boostfedevo
08-31-2014, 03:57 PM
I'm really just trying to buy 1 car from Adesa. No interest in flipping cars or becoming a dealership.

AZ Auto Werks
08-31-2014, 04:43 PM
pretty sure you have to have a commercial address where you are able to have an office and be able to display at least 3 cars for sale to obtain any dealer license. not 100% sure on that though

Spec C
08-31-2014, 05:43 PM
pretty sure you have to have a commercial address where you are able to have an office and be able to display at least 3 cars for sale to obtain any dealer license. not 100% sure on that though

Yup. That's why I asked. Pretty sure it's 2 cars. But has to be a dedicated place of business.

My friend back in NY had a small dealership and we looked into having a small one here as well, but the requirements kind of sucked.

die in a dick fire noob
08-31-2014, 06:08 PM
they also changed the laws here so people can't just kinda do it, a friend of mine from work (client) is a car dealer and he was super pissed when they changed the law, he used to just do it to buy a car and drive for six months then sell it and do it again, now i think he has to sell at least 10 cars a year to maintain having the dealer plate and such

Jason.AZ1
08-31-2014, 06:35 PM
Just do what everyone else does pay someone 5%-20% to use their license bruh