PDA

View Full Version : Mom and pop Italian food?

king06
12-27-2014, 11:44 AM
looking for a good Italian food place, nothing fancy. Price don't matter as long as it's good and relaxed. Anything is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Civicious
12-27-2014, 12:52 PM
a friend of mine parents own this place. theres a couple locations

http://cucinatagliani.com/

theAngryMarmot
12-27-2014, 01:39 PM
Anzio's Italian

12418 North 28th Drive #1, Phoenix, AZ 85029

Good food, relaxed, and the bread is awesome.

MrRline2010
12-27-2014, 02:38 PM
Tutti Santi. There's a few locations. I always liked the one on 16th street and northern, looks like they've also expanded to a few more locations over the past couple of years so that's a positive for it as well.

There's Pizzeria Bianca that everyone seems to love

A place called Cibo always seems popular on yelp with higher reviews than others.

lexsnasty
12-28-2014, 11:58 AM
DeFalco's Italian Eatery on scottsdale Rd just before Thomas Rd.. Bomb.com

THE Slow 5.oh?
12-28-2014, 01:29 PM
Theres a place on deer valley about 2 blocks west of I-17 called Timesquare. Has a great relaxed enviroment and the food is delicious. Prices arent bad also. Its where me and my old lady go anytime we want italian food. They also do phone in (to go) orders as well.

theAngryMarmot
12-28-2014, 01:56 PM
Theres a place on deer valley about 2 blocks west of I-17 called Timesquare. Has a great relaxed enviroment and the food is delicious. Prices arent bad also. Its where me and my old lady go anytime we want italian food. They also do phone in (to go) orders as well.

Timesquare is good, used to eat there often till I found Anzio's.

1 point 6
12-30-2014, 07:39 AM
DeFalco's Italian Eatery on scottsdale Rd just before Thomas Rd.. Bomb.com

This place has been highly rated by a bunch of top chefs and reviewers for its mom and pop style Italian food.

Spec C
12-30-2014, 08:12 AM
This place has been highly rated by a bunch of top chefs and reviewers for its mom and pop style Italian food.

It is pretty good. It is more of a deli than a restaurant though. Their bread still pales in comparison to what I know as bread from back home. I would say it is worth eating at though.

I haven't really tried any of the west Valley recommendations however there is a place out east in Chandler called Vincitorio's that is pretty good. Handmade pasta/breads, etc. The owner is an Italian guy my grandparents have known for like 30 years.

There is also a place in north Mesa called Alessia's that we will go to from time to time. The Chef/Owner is a Japanese girl who spent quite a bit of time in Italy. My grandfather really loves this place, and he is impossible to please when it comes to Italian food.

I am a Neapolitan pizza whore though. Every city I travel to, I try and find some good Neapolitan pizza. If you can check out Pomo Pizza, or Bianco, I would give them a shot. I am not sure how Pomo's quality will hold up now that they are expanding, but when it was a single location, it was really good. Bianco was really good as well when the owner Chris was making every pizza, but last I heard he had to step away due to some health issues, so I can't comment on it since.

Think this was Chicago:
http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l585/Spec_C/photo-1.jpg~original (http://s1125.photobucket.com/user/Spec_C/media/photo-1.jpg.html)

I am pretty spoiled when it comes to Italian food, being from NY, which is an Italian food Mecca, and both my grandparents come from Italy so I grew up eating pretty epic Italian food. I rarely go out and eat it out here as it usually leads to disappointment..lol I just cook something myself, or get my fix every Sunday with my grandmothers cooking. Maybe I will try some of the West Valley recommendations.

Fix.it.again.Tony
12-30-2014, 08:54 AM
Salute in North Phoenix
Tutti Santi

those.

rudsone
12-30-2014, 09:37 AM
What's the most "American" thing you can order at an itialian joint?

Ie going to a mexican restaurant and ordering a burger and fries

Fix.it.again.Tony
12-30-2014, 11:18 AM
burger and fries

fried chicken + cornbread

king06
01-05-2015, 12:44 AM
tried Anzos, it was pretty good. But I was still hungry lol.

I want to try tutti and one of this Neapolitan pizzas.

Broskiballa
01-08-2015, 11:25 AM

They were voted as top 10 pizza shops in the US. Or maybe it was state. To be clear, I don't know the facts exactly, but it's a damn great place to get Italian food. Their breakfast is dope too.
Time square for the win! One of the best pizzas I have ever tried.

Beezy
01-12-2015, 10:11 PM
Pizza a Metro on 23rd ave and Thomas!!!!!! Great food and prices

johnb20
01-16-2015, 08:55 AM
pomo downtown phx amazing Neapolitan pizza

Chuck Chainz
01-17-2015, 01:57 PM
The Italian bitch at the end of my street, had a "block party" and... damn Gina!