PDA

View Full Version : Lag while shifting at lower gears

Drew_FG2
01-22-2007, 11:42 AM
I don't know if it is just me but there seems to be a bit of...i wanna call it lag when I shift from lets say 1st to 2nd or 2nd to 3rd. Its like a slight jerking feeling when i press on the gas. I noticed it the other day, and then felt it again. What could this be? Its hard very hard to explain...
No its not from me not driving stick well either. :P

barroom hero
01-22-2007, 01:32 PM
Its an issue with the drive by wire system.

If you go to honda they have a re-flash for the vin numbers that were effected. it was the earlier production si's.
The re-flash takes like 10 mins and fixes the dbw lag problem.

mooshin
01-22-2007, 08:27 PM
I have this problem, but usually when it's cold.

.ej8
01-22-2007, 09:43 PM
its called not having any torque.

welcome to hondas.

YewllowDA
01-22-2007, 10:13 PM
Its an issue with the drive by wire system.

If you go to honda they have a re-flash for the vin numbers that were effected. it was the earlier production si's.
The re-flash takes like 10 mins and fixes the dbw lag problem.

thats y sometimes we shouldnt buy the first year model productions.

mooshin
01-22-2007, 10:17 PM

welcome to hondas.

Ah no... most of us do own or have owned many Hondas. It's not whats going on. It's like when your taking a piss and you squeeze it off then release. That lag then burst of piss is exactly how to describe it.

.ej8
01-22-2007, 10:18 PM
i fucking hate when that shit happens.

i always yell, "ahh what the fuck i know i gotta piss more than that!"

Drew_FG2
01-22-2007, 11:00 PM
Ah no... most of us do own or have owned many Hondas. It's not whats going on. It's like when your taking a piss and you squeeze it off then release. That lag then burst of piss is exactly how to describe it.

Exactly!

EPthree04
01-22-2007, 11:17 PM
It's like when your taking a piss and you squeeze it off then release. That lag then burst of piss is exactly how to describe it.

i dont think i have heard a more discusting yet accurate way to describe something in my life! haha good job thinking outside the box yo!

batmang
01-30-2007, 01:51 PM
i fucking hate when that shit happens.

i always yell, "ahh what the fuck i know i gotta piss more than that!"

lol

JDM EJ8
04-12-2007, 07:37 PM
I just recently got an 07 Si and it is in fact a definate lag.... this problem is easily fixed. First off get yourself the Hondata reflash and secondly because of the fly by wire throttle this car needs to be power shifted when driven hard to redline through all the gears. 1st to 2nd can be a little tricky and you may need to shift normally, but 2nd to 3rd and so on you can really fly through the gears and it will definately cut down on that lag you are feeling.

jmillz*EF9*
04-12-2007, 08:59 PM
there is a problem with rev hang in the fgs. i know hondata has a reflash that fixes this problem though:wave:

Smoot
04-12-2007, 09:56 PM
I feel too sometimes

Rufus
04-12-2007, 10:00 PM
I feel too sometimes

No you dont. You steal my computer filez

Smoot
04-13-2007, 10:56 AM
No you dont. You steal my computer filez

Im stealing your pron!

ZonaAltima
04-13-2007, 03:52 PM

welcome to hondas.
:funnypost: :crazy: :clapper: :rflmao:
I'm sorry that is funny. Reminds me of this old post someone made:
http://www.plasticnipple.com/images/rice/honda_no_torque.jpg
The top end of the new SI can eat you alive, but that post was funny. If it is a new car, just take it back to the dealership and tell them about the problem. Then you will be good to go!:clap:

BTLD_LS1
04-14-2007, 11:48 AM
^^^^so true^^^^

reyes1212
01-27-2008, 01:34 PM
Even though I don't have a Honda, most cars are somewhat like this even if there isn't a problem with the ECU.
There is a lag between lower gears that doesn't correct itself unless you lay off the gas, add some gas, or keep it clutched until the gear catches...
That's what I've learned with my Versa among other Hondas I've driven and manual Toyotas.