PDA

View Full Version : Type-r bites the dust (long read) but worth it (pics + vid)

kshirza1
02-11-2007, 11:21 AM
well boys my ephatcher days are over thanks to drunk drivers. A drunk driver driving what looked like GMC's version of the blazer decides to make a left turn at an intersection without yeilding right infront of the EP. I T-boned him and sent his rear axel and spare tire near half a block away from his car. my air bag popped and my seatbelt grabbed me. i spun around on a 3 lane street and was T-boned by another car trying to brake. the odd part was that the other three cars on the road were three ricers and one of them being a 06 coupe Si. All of them slammed there brakes but one of the ricers locked his brakes and tboned me as i was spinning. my car stops spinning and i take off my seatbelt.

i was very shaken and decided to get out of my car. heres the odd part, the first thing i see is the ricer that tboned me decides to peel out and leave the scene. the first thing i did was go around to the front of my car to see the damage to the type-r motor. i instantly realized that my knees hurt alot and my chest was tight with a pain. in shock i manage the pain and look underneath my crushed hood over my busted core support and radiator to see my IM busted open like a egg shell. poor k20a. as i look up i realize that my car is almost half a block away from the intersection where it happened. i start to walk towords the intersect where the other car was and all the people are. as i walk i see my front bumper laying behind my car and on the side walk is the ricers blitz style cheepo front bumper almost like it wanted to come off in one peice as well. i then see the GMC's rear axel which really cought my attention :meek:.

i walk up and a really nice girl grabs me by the shoulder and asks me if i'm ok and i tell her that my chest hurts. i start to talk to some witnesses to find out whats heppening. i find the guy that was in the car i hit with a good cut on his nose. i ask him if hes ok, but he doesn't really respond pleasently or much at all (i dont know that he's drunk at this time)and just stares ahead. someone had called 911 and i see a ambulance and a fire truck show up hauling down the street. they hop out of there cars to see whats up and start talking to me. when the paramedics were talking to me i was talking but i couldn't get this trembling out of my voice (weird). i tell him about my chest pain and knees, so he checks me out. he lifts my shirt up and there is a huge bruise where seatbelt grabbed my chest. then he pulls up my shorts to see both knees cut up with a huge deep cut on my right knee which i couldnt feel.

then the cops show up finnaly. at this point i realize that the guy in GMC was drunk and it made sense why he looked so worried. so the guy disapears and i guess they took him to jail while i was getting my knee bandaged up. now the cop then wants my report. so he starts asking me about about what hapened and from my story wants to know who the ricers were. funniest thing ever one of there liscense plates flew off and was laying in the road:mgrin: . he's F@cked. now heres the worst part, the cop sites me a ticket for street racing!!!!!! i guess one of the witnesses said he saw us peeling out from the other light and that i was leading the pack!!! which is impossible cause first i was behind the other cars so he couldn't have even seen me, and two i turned onto that street after the light. so i'll have to fight that in court now cause of some **** B@tch who has something against imports.

my girlfriend showed up cause i called her and took me to the emergency room after i refused the ambulance ride. BUT... before i left i told the cop i was going to grab my belonging and walked my gimpy brocken ass to me car... grabbed my 10mm and phillips out of my hatch and took out my JDM CTR cluster, Kpro, CTR shift boot, and ITR shift knob. i tried to open my hood and get my spoon oil cap, socks, plugg cover, ETC... but it was stuck and my chest hurt alot. i will be going back and yanking all my shit off. anyways three stiches and a chest exray later i went home without my EP.

everyone at the scene of the accident kept saying that they have never seen someone walk away from a accident like that, but all i remember was ABS, flash of light, and a soft airbag follod by quick jolt on the right. The EP is an amazing car to withstand a impact like that and let me walk away with a cut and a bruise.:mangel:

pics...

look how far away the intersection is!
http://img506.imageshack.us/img506/7153/image141zp8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/8853/image132fv6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img506.imageshack.us/img506/442/image133ek7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/9194/image137nm5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img506.imageshack.us/img506/1804/image138sq0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img506.imageshack.us/img506/9263/image142br2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

vid...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=775tdAfcdTI

Mike
02-11-2007, 11:23 AM
Despite our history i'm really sorry to hear that Kevin. Hope all goes well with getting things sorted out and you recover well.

JustinD
02-11-2007, 11:24 AM
damn dude. sucks ass.

first mike's and then yours. two bad ass eps down the drain.

glad to hear your alright, in pain is better than dead.

em2squad
02-11-2007, 11:24 AM
damn dude im sorry, that sucks big time. good thing you walked away from it with something. keep us updated on what happens.

topnotch7gen
02-11-2007, 11:29 AM
WOW! I was right, it was you! Damn, your car is fucked up! Sorry had to say it...lol

Glad your alright man, stupid ass drunk drivers.

Mafioso
02-11-2007, 11:30 AM
a car is a car.. atleast you are alright!

Agent Smith
02-11-2007, 11:32 AM
THAT SUCKS!!!!!glad to hear your ok, but daaaaamn... ouch.

horchata690
02-11-2007, 11:36 AM
shit man drunk drivers are horrible.. glad to hear your ok but sorry about the ep...

kshirza1
02-11-2007, 11:36 AM
Despite our history i'm really sorry to hear that Kevin. Hope all goes well with getting things sorted out and you recover well.

i'm sorry about what i said when you got into your wreck. the firman, cops, and paramedics said that i wasn't supposed to walk away from that. i guess were all in the same boat all the time... i miss that EP so much.

i guess we can settle our differences by trying to figure out what i should do... justin says i should get the salvage right.

kshirza1
02-11-2007, 11:38 AM
damn dude. sucks ass.

first mike's and then yours. two bad ass eps down the drain.

glad to hear your alright, in pain is better than dead.

your good people justin ...i agree

RhdRicheeee
02-11-2007, 11:42 AM
Damn homie I'm glad your okay

ek-juan
02-11-2007, 11:44 AM
Good to hear that your OK, and fucken drunk drivers.......... Keep us in touch to see what happens in court........

kshirza1
02-11-2007, 11:46 AM
Damn homie I'm glad your okay

did you see the accident?

cjb
02-11-2007, 11:47 AM
damn dude glad you are ok. I think I would have been doing the same thing, pulling parts off my car that is. Remember it all can be replaced. And fuck that BS ticket man, I hate people with nothing better to do.

RhdRicheeee
02-11-2007, 11:49 AM
did you see the accident?

No its all over azht though

kshirza1
02-11-2007, 11:55 AM
No its all over azht though

shook me up pretty good... bruised rib doesn't feel good either

vids up check it out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=775tdAfcdTI

SED
02-11-2007, 11:57 AM
I want to cry:ballin: .... sorry to hear that. Good you walked away with your life... usually accidents that involve dui's aren't that good. Good luck in court. Damn haters! Thank God for seat belts.... saved my life.

Chiodos
02-11-2007, 12:03 PM
god damn dude that blows! oh man........glad you walked away from that!

taggart_lumpy
02-11-2007, 12:03 PM
damn dude.... i saw, but in no way would of thought it to be your car. glad your ok though.

NINE7DB7
02-11-2007, 12:05 PM
fuck, good thing you didnt have a passenger. Get ready for the $$$$ I have an awesome attorney that will get it to you fast, my accident was in Dec. of '04 had my money in Aug. of '05. They set you up w/ a chiropractor and take care of everything, and they only take 33%

kshirza1
02-11-2007, 12:08 PM
fuck, good thing you didnt have a passenger. Get ready for the $$$$ I have an awesome attorney that will get it to you fast, my accident was in Dec. of '04 had my money in Aug. of '05. They set you up w/ a chiropractor and take care of everything, and they only take 33%

pm me with that info

Stealthy
HOLY SHIT DUDE.... Glad you walked away, to buy another some other time.. GL homie..

NINE7DB7
pm me with that info

will do.

mikey2487
02-11-2007, 12:22 PM
funking drunks. i hope that guy gets fucked. to bad about your car man but glad to hear you are doing ok man!!!

ek4franky
02-11-2007, 01:05 PM
im glad your ok, someone stole my car friday night, and those fucker's totaled it, its fucken gone, i think that was my last honda ill post pics later....but im glad your ok man..

MattMan
02-11-2007, 01:09 PM
OUCH!! good thing youre ok. sorry bro

teemfedx
02-11-2007, 01:19 PM
talk about adding serious insult to injury...how the fuc is that cop gonna give you a ticket...even if you had accelerated more then ususally from the stop light, you were sober and the other dude caused the accident...

i really hope your body will recover, and then get a lawyer and take the drunk dude to the cleaners...

2kCivic
02-11-2007, 01:33 PM
Damn man that sucks. Good thing you were wearing your seatbelt and that you werent seriously injured.

I feel for ya.

Mike
02-11-2007, 01:39 PM
i'm sorry about what i said when you got into your wreck. the firman, cops, and paramedics said that i wasn't supposed to walk away from that. i guess were all in the same boat all the time... i miss that EP so much.

i guess we can settle our differences by trying to figure out what i should do... justin says i should get the salvage right.

I still miss my EP, they are great little cars.

Seeing that the tranny you had in there is brand new and even with a busted intake manifold the engine is still good i'd say buying the salvage rights is more than worth it.v

cowboi
02-11-2007, 01:58 PM
damnn dude..as least ur okay..a car can be replaced...

Importech Performance
02-11-2007, 03:04 PM
Damn sucks to hear this stuff, but all in all like everyone has said, glad your okay cuz it looks like it could have been a lot worse.

eviilboy
02-11-2007, 03:22 PM
Glad that you're okay.

ON another note.. wtf is up with cops writing tickets for what "other people see" these days?

Don't they have to witness a fuckin crime in order to cite you for it? Or are long gone our rights of them having to witness it? A couple of my friends have been busted.. cause "someone called in and said they were doing this or that." It just seems whack.. I hope you have the chance to fight it. Good luck to you.

onefst91hatch
02-11-2007, 03:57 PM
damn bro. thats sux bout the car. but glad to hear your ok. i woke up after my accident in an ambulance in critical condition. your lucky man!! thank god for seat belts.

and the ticket??? thats bullshit man. i cant believe that. your life was almost robbed from you cuz of some dumbass drunk and you get a ticket??? even if maybe you were speeding a lil or left a light fast. you didnt cause the accident so that bastard ass cop shouldnt even care!

anyways hope you get better and fight that ticket and sue the shit outta that drunk piece of shit!!!!!!! gl man.

bukEk
02-11-2007, 04:38 PM
damn man tears to my eyes. good thing your okae though.

DJ Hookid
02-11-2007, 05:02 PM
As long as your ok, everything is all good

icbmatt
02-11-2007, 05:31 PM
Glad you are okay... drunk driver sucks...

noVtecHERE
02-11-2007, 05:55 PM
ur soo lucky good luck with everything mang.

SSMdc5
02-11-2007, 06:06 PM
fuck dude nothing we can say can make it better. sorry bro. If it hurts your still a live.

Neebs
02-11-2007, 06:08 PM
I can hear your voice in shock b/c of the accident in the video.

Good thing you're ok.

kshirza1
02-11-2007, 06:59 PM
Glad you are okay... drunk driver sucks...

Matt... the EP is gone... after all that just in a flash.

i just remember how excited we were when i got swapped and took it around the block.

depending on the outcome i want buy the salvage for the motor. maybe a TSX next turned into euro R, so here we go again back to square one. i guess i'm getting old, but that thing was to quick for me. I think a clean JDM TSX will be a good next step.

EPthree04
02-11-2007, 07:43 PM
sucks man! seems to be that ep3s are just dropping like flies! atleast you walked away from it! people that cause this kind of shit should be hung from their fucking nuts! get at me if anything is salvagable so i can help you fund your future car man!

DeeDub
02-11-2007, 09:29 PM
damn d00d! that fuckin sucks man

DirtyEP3
02-11-2007, 11:06 PM
you are a lucky man. thats why we all have to be safe. sorry to hear that but u'll get another car. just be happy u have ur good health.

p.s. if you start sellin stuff let me know i am more than willing to fund some of ur next car.

JustinD
02-11-2007, 11:17 PM
p.s. if you start sellin stuff let me know i am more than willing to fund some of ur next car.

me too....let me know if you sell parts. like Kpro :hinthint:

DirtyEP3
02-14-2007, 12:11 AM
me too....let me know if you sell parts. like Kpro :hinthint:

thats what i need lol.

Fox Vtec
05-14-2007, 03:37 PM
despite our history all i can say is sorry and KARMA

jcvietboi
05-16-2007, 09:33 AM
where this at...i think i hit u and i ran...lol jk ...well i was on the other side of the street cruising down and i saw a simliar one but i dont know if it u

crx88
05-16-2007, 10:29 AM
Fuck man srry for the car. and good thing you had your seatbelt or there would be a different story here. and about the ticket i figure the police were goin to say you were racing. last time my homie got in a accident i was there and the cop saw my rex and he was like " were you two racin" and i said no. he said. "everyone that owns those cars race them" i was like wtf? glad your ok.

bluferio
05-16-2007, 10:48 AM
lucky guy, to have a safe car, and wearing your seatbelt i suppose.

cLeAn_Ek9
05-16-2007, 11:22 AM
damm!!!! sorry bout the car!!!!!

boostedrex
05-16-2007, 04:30 PM
at least ur ok

h-vtec
05-17-2007, 12:29 AM
damn i passed by u that night i think it was by 35th ave and bell rd or something like that....