PDA

View Full Version : autolock question

jedediahd
03-01-2007, 02:00 PM
Do you guys think the autolock is a good deterent and preventative measure? I am thinking about getting one...

96babylude
03-01-2007, 02:09 PM
yes it is. We have three hondas, and they all have the autolock. One time some one tried to take it off to take my prelude, and they pulled so hard it slightly bent the clutch pedal. Needless to say, they never got the car. ;) The company has a warranty also, that if your car gets stolen when the autolock was placed on the car, they will pay your deductable up to 5 grand to replace the car. You can get them at checkers.

jedediahd
03-01-2007, 02:37 PM
Thanks!!

EK|B
03-01-2007, 10:16 PM
Do they have this for automatics?

*inFamous*
03-02-2007, 04:01 PM
Do they have this for automatics?

rofl are you being serious? i cant quite tell lol

but a serious answer, there is one model, it works for both manual and auto.

Just put it on the clutch, or brake pedal, whichever applies.

2000si
03-03-2007, 12:35 PM
sorry guys but if you have people that know what their doing they'll get your autolock off. i'm saying this because I HAVE SEEN IT MYSELF!!! i'm not going to say how so no one else knows but i have seen it done on my own autolock and i was fucking stunned!! but that doesnt stop me from putting mine on still.

NINE7DB7
03-03-2007, 11:40 PM
sorry guys but if you have people that know what their doing they'll get your autolock off. i'm saying this because I HAVE SEEN IT MYSELF!!! i'm not going to say how so no one else knows but i have seen it done on my own autolock and i was fucking stunned!! but that doesnt stop me from putting mine on still.

do you think it would still be possible if I use 2, one on the clutch, and one on the brake??

2000si
03-09-2007, 10:14 PM
yea why not? all they have to do is just take both of them off lol

Neebs
03-10-2007, 12:39 AM
Do you guys think the autolock is a good deterent and preventative measure? I am thinking about getting one...

Don't think. Just get.

2000si
03-11-2007, 02:58 AM
get an auto lock for the clutch, brake, gas, and buy a club LOL

die in a dick fire noob
03-11-2007, 01:04 PM
hahahahahhahahahahahahhahaha. and then leave early to go everywhere as you need the extra time to lock four seperate contraptions. lol. my advice is auto lock and steering wheel hub release. cus then they'd have to bring their own steering wheel. and lets face it... if someone can get an autolock off and has a steering wheel they really really really want your car.

edit: and autolock isn't much good if someone just shows up with a tow truck :(

therealdc2itr
03-12-2007, 09:33 AM
i had autolock on my car and my car is gone. but i think the plus side to having one is because they reimburse you if your car gets stolen.

Tweeder
03-12-2007, 09:48 AM
i had autolock on my car and my car is gone. but i think the plus side to having one is because they reimburse you if your car gets stolen.

So did autolock actually pay your deductable?

therealdc2itr
03-12-2007, 10:47 AM
So did autolock actually pay your deductable?

nope because i didn't buy mine. i got it from my uncle when i bought my car.

2000si
03-12-2007, 03:56 PM
plus you have to show them proof that it was on there, and when you buy your autolock you have to send in a form or something. and if its stolen within a year of the purchase date they'll give you some money i think.

RhdRicheeee
03-12-2007, 07:13 PM
it will help a little bit

but NEVER LEAVE YOUR HONDA UNATTENDED

nevaRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

NINE7DB7
03-12-2007, 10:45 PM
yea why not? all they have to do is just take both of them off lol

i thought maybe w/ both, it would be more difficult to, wiggle or however they get them off. my car is always garaged at home, only place it goes is to work... and goodluck getting past the security gate (requires a code in and out), security itself, and 99.9% of the time there are employees outside smoking, and monitoring who comes in and out (not to mention the security cams all over both lots. FUCK THIEVES. I might pick one of these up for when I'm at the mall 1-2x a month.

RacerZero
03-25-2007, 12:21 PM
i would just have an autolock, hub release, kill switch, and take my ecu out....and get a wheel boot too, hahaha

bmxican
03-29-2007, 08:59 AM
my car got jacked and I had a auto lock. the badass one.

ALL DRiVER
03-29-2007, 08:32 PM
Well maybe they take the pedal assembly off and replace it maybe? These fuckers can just tow a car an leave you ass with a bus pass!!!! A buddy of mine had his hatch stolen, he had a bike club on his rear wheels so that the rear wheels dont move and they still stole that...

Peteex
04-02-2007, 08:57 AM
Well, I think the point of these things is that they are theft DETERRENTS. They aren't ment to stop people from stealing your vehicle, they're just supposed to make it harder so hopefully they'll move onto to an easier target. But if they want your car, they'll get it.

redlightrandy
04-02-2007, 12:34 PM
he's right. there isn't anything wrong with doing a bunch of extra anti theft shit to your car. the more you do the longer and harder it takes for the thieve to steal it. all i have on my car is an alarm. i heard it go off and went running. i still have my car. you can never be to cautious.

Rollin_Eg
06-21-2007, 12:55 PM
i would say that you should of take off the ecu and add the autolock, club, alarm, lol lol no matter what they going to shit anybody shit and it has happend to me 2 at firebird and they never took it but i always have me head on my integra no matter what

*inFamous*
06-22-2007, 12:34 AM
i can get an autolock off a car in about 30 seconds. its not that safe unfortunetly.

1 promise
06-22-2007, 04:38 AM
dam 30 seconds your good...
ya!! how long did it take you to get clyns off???

*inFamous*
06-22-2007, 05:42 AM
dam 30 seconds your good...

we had to remove them occasionally at honda. i cant believe they make tools specialized to remove them.

*inFamous*
06-22-2007, 05:58 AM
ya!! how long did it take you to get clyns off???

wait, what?