PDA

View Full Version : coilovers

Godzilla S13
03-10-2007, 12:54 AM
I was wonder who here has a set of ksport on their S2k.. how are the coilovers by the way? any leakage?

1 point 6
03-11-2007, 03:23 PM
2k5:s2k has some

2k5:s2k
03-27-2007, 01:22 PM
Yup... I have Ksports and I love them. I highly recommend them :thumbup:

enigmadsm
03-27-2007, 03:14 PM
it depends on how often you drive the car...i've never felt a more stiff set of coilovers on an s2k in my life....there are many more "friendly" coilovers out there, but if you're looking for straight performance they are bomb.

tokyospeedpros
03-27-2007, 08:35 PM
Dope Suspension for the S2k would be JIC Magic, I spoke to Cusco and even they recommend JIC. Its a little pricey but a car such as the S2K only deserves the best. Ksport might be affordable but JIC FTW. FLTA1 for street and track and FLTA2 for mostly track.

vtec4dr
03-28-2007, 12:50 PM
Ive got the JIC FLTA2 on my S right now and i love them, a would recommend them to anyone, if i didnt get such a good deal on them i would still be without coilovers. K-sports are OK. Thats about all i can say for them, they are OK. Ive installed many K-sports and have personally driven with them on my INTEGRA. They have excellent customer service when it comes to problems with K-sports casue they are based here i AZ. If all your going for is looks of the lowered car then yeah K-sports will be good for you but if your going for performance as well as looks get something like the JICs or the TEIN MONO-Flex or even some Buddy Clubs etcetc. Just do your research before you buy something.

2k5:s2k
03-28-2007, 11:43 PM
The reason I got the Ksport coilovers is because I wanted something that looked good and gave good performane granted I don't track my car so they serve their purpose in my case.

Guerillah
03-29-2007, 06:36 PM
If i was seriously racing my car I wouldn't touch any japanese coilover except for a couple flag ship models.

RicoD
03-29-2007, 06:59 PM
If i was seriously racing my car I wouldn't touch any japanese coilover except for a couple flag ship models.

Lol Werd, most of them use German suspension parts anyway.

apSquidFace
04-04-2007, 09:19 AM
A good thing to keep in mind when shoping for coilovers is the fact that you are dealing with a car that has an even weight distribution. I based my decision on that and chose to go with either T1r bmax's 10k front and 10k rear or apexi exv 12k front 12k rear set ups. Although you wont be tracking your car more than likely; an even spring rate front and rear have been track proven and are considered to be the best set up for the s2000. All the coilovers mentioned above will do the trick for you but wont bring you max performance, again that is all up to you.

ragingazn
04-04-2007, 03:13 PM
A good thing to keep in mind when shoping for coilovers is the fact that you are dealing with a car that has an even weight distribution. I based my decision on that and chose to go with either T1r bmax's 10k front and 10k rear or apexi exv 12k front 12k rear set ups. Although you wont be tracking your car more than likely; an even spring rate front and rear have been track proven and are considered to be the best set up for the s2000. All the coilovers mentioned above will do the trick for you but wont bring you max performance, again that is all up to you.

true in some aspects.. but really I feel that it really depends on your suspension set up as well... I know the aragosta coilovers are like 12K front and 14k rear.. one of the best jdm coilovers out there. so.... it really depends...

Guerillah
04-04-2007, 05:32 PM
theres more to coilovers than spring rates, namely dampening ability which most jdm coilovers lack at.

vtec4dr
04-04-2007, 05:40 PM
theres more to coilovers than spring rates, namely dampening ability which most jdm coilovers lack at.

Not true.

Dont get me wrong the GERMANS and SWEDISH have it down when it comes to suspension, but the statement JDM coilovers lack dampening and rebound abilities is not true, there are alot of coilovers made in JAPAN and i find that statement hard to believe and false.

If you want real coilover break down and buy a set of MOTONS, then ill call whover buys those a baller!!!

hawaii_DA6
04-05-2007, 09:50 AM
Showa

Ohlins

Bilstein

Moton

I dont think these are in most peoples price range. but if you can... do it. they are best.

make sure you have all other supporting suspension components if you are gonna go high dollar coilovers. you dont wanna get the best spring/ damper setup and skimp out on the rest of your under car components. Everything works together.

yosshaa
04-05-2007, 05:19 PM
the stock s2k handles great... unless your road racing a set of ground controls and koni yellows or just a set of springs can do the trick (if your looking for stance). try talking to some of the people at s2ki.com who actually track their cars to get the best advise. i could throw out (insert high end name here) but, it would probably be over kill and a waste of money.

apSquidFace
04-06-2007, 01:05 PM

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......i hope there was a just kidding following that statment. And yes there is more to coilovers than just spring rates although a big part of the coilover is the integrity of the spring itself; and neither one the companies i named are not and should never be in question as far as quality parts.

Guerillah
04-06-2007, 01:33 PM
all i have to say is look at who wins nationally sanctioned events and what coilover systems they use, the majority of them will not be running jdm coilovers, and I bet most all of them that are wont be using a jdm coilover that costs under 2K. and yes this is on import cars.

Guerillah
04-06-2007, 01:49 PM
Lets break down the last redline time attack.

Redline: Time Attack! Over All Grand Champion:
1:08.656 James Sofronis GMG Porche GT3 german coilover obviously

Overall Unlimited Class Champion:
1:08.656 James Sofronis GMG Porche GT3 german coilover obviously

Overall Modified Class Champion:
1:11.515 Rus Warr Crawford Performance STi DMS coilovers - USA

Overall Street Class Champion:
1:15.823 Nils Leufren RobiSpec/GSC Motorsports EVO 8 KW Variant 3 - EURO

If you take out the german race car the overall winner would have been the AMS Time Attack EVO and it is running Exe-tc coilovers - EURO

so lets see, all pole positions are 75% european, 25% american, 0% japanese.

apSquidFace
04-06-2007, 06:32 PM
dude, this isnt about that in anyway. i am not doubting that euopean suspension is better i know plenty about suspension so you arent teaching me anything here. you stated that "theres more to coilovers than spring rates, namely dampening ability which most jdm coilovers lack at." this is very much so incorrect. so throw up all the stats you want but tthere is no relevance to the topic at hand.

So yes, european suspension is better in most cases. And no, you very much so are incorrect about jdm coilovers having limited supply of properly dampening coilovers.

Guerillah
04-06-2007, 06:42 PM
only a shock dyno of every coilover made by man will prove this! this disagreement sucks and i hate myself and want to die.

apSquidFace
04-06-2007, 08:10 PM
only a shock dyno of every coilover made by man will prove this! this disagreement sucks and i hate myself and want to die.

what? cool...i guess