PDA

View Full Version : S2k Heart

GroceryStore_ninja
03-18-2007, 12:24 AM
Been driving a lot of rwd in Iraq. i think im starting to like it. when i make it back state side i want to put a f20c in a 240sx i wanted to know how easy every one thinks this will be.
wiring is no problem i work with more complex harnesses in my job in the army. just how much will i need fabed motor mounts drive shaft adapter ect :p

shadowed
03-18-2007, 01:49 PM
Sounds like an interesting idea but just out of curiosity why do an F20c when you could do a cheaper SR20DET and get more power?

cheesefries
03-18-2007, 05:52 PM
Or just buy an s2k lol

nuocmam
03-18-2007, 08:51 PM
hey man, i just wanted to say thx man for serving our country!

GroceryStore_ninja
03-19-2007, 01:02 AM
the reasons why a f20c
1 i like the motor better
2 6 speed tranny
3 sr20 is over played
4 i want this to be unique

RicoD
03-19-2007, 01:33 PM
Being unique is overrated.... stick with some easier on you and your pockets

cheesefries
03-19-2007, 02:30 PM
theres nothing unique about being slower

fivesfe
03-19-2007, 03:44 PM
doesnt the 240sx weigh a bit more than a s2k? it just seems that the torqlessness of the motor will have a hard time to get that car moving.

i think a better idea would be to put the f20c into a miata

gt30r
03-19-2007, 08:46 PM
miatas are gay, just buy an s2k, lol

cheesefries
03-21-2007, 09:51 AM

S2k is the worst car you can buy performance/dollar. 33 grand for subjective looks, crammed interior, REDICULOUS amount of money for mods, repairs, and maintenance, no power, and a honda............ Go s2k!!!!! :roll:

Ide be mad if lightly modded Miatas 1/3 the price of my s2k were pulling faster lap times.

Guerillah
03-21-2007, 10:47 AM
werd, s2ks are gay, thats why i bought one, to complete my homosexuality look :)

gt30r
03-21-2007, 07:28 PM
S2k is the worst car you can buy performance/dollar. 33 grand for subjective looks, crammed interior, REDICULOUS amount of money for mods, repairs, and maintenance, no power, and a honda............ Go s2k!!!!! :roll:

Ide be mad if lightly modded Miatas 1/3 the price of my s2k were pulling faster lap times.

Maybe we should run for pinks, so i can sell your car on ebay and buy me a hardtop, lol

cheesefries
03-21-2007, 10:41 PM
Maybe we should run for pinks, so i can sell your car on ebay and buy me a hardtop, lol

How about we race around a real track?

Godzilla S13
03-22-2007, 08:06 PM

you;'re a idiot.. any1 can get a old POS dump some money into it and beat a stock new car.. mazda speed miata is turbo and puts out only 178hp.. thats something to talk about.. and i doubt thats 1/3 of the price.. if you want to come on here and talk smack put up a new miata.. not some used one that you can mod out and claim its 1/3 of the price cuz its used..

Godzilla S13
03-22-2007, 08:13 PM
whatever you decide to do.. i say just do it.. I have a SR power 240 and i drive a s2000.. i like the high revs of the f20.. for NA i love it but my SR pulls like a race horse.. you cant really be different when it comes to 240s.. chances are the swap has been done.. a shop in okinawa does crazy swaps like this just to do it.. if anything I would drop a SR20det into my s2000.. and you can get 6speed tranny with the SR..

GroceryStore_ninja
03-23-2007, 03:10 AM
i always thought a 2jz would be fun in a s2k i plan on getting a eg and a 240 when i get back i wnat to do a k swap in the eg and then when that project is done work on the 240 or maby vise versa.

cowboi
03-23-2007, 09:20 AM

r u serious?? wtf r u talkin bout mang.. the s2k is sooo finely tuned its a AWSOME machine.. great suspension.. and no power??? 240 outta a 2 liter isnt good?? and crammed, maybe eat less cheesefries and u wont be that crammed.... and why the hell is maintenance expensive.. wht an oil change that u do urself.. or a scheduled 15k/30k that should be done for all cars.. and a honda?? wht does that mean.. hondas aint worth shit?? then get ur ass off of ariona HONDA tuning.. the only thing ill give u is that parts r pretty pricey.. but why dont ur ass do some research before talkin shit..... :whatever:

cowboi
03-23-2007, 09:32 AM
oh btw if u think the s2k is crammed inside.. how the fuck do u fit in a miata???

enigmadsm
03-26-2007, 01:15 PM
plz dont put an f20c ina 240...gheyest thing ever

you want 6spd? put a s-15 tranny in there with an sr20...you want unique? put a 4g63 in there, so you at least have torque.

yosshaa
03-27-2007, 07:12 PM

what do you consider a real track? what org. and class do you run with?
can you run a 1:12's at pir's roadcourse with a lightly modded car? i know a few s2k's that do.

Manga_Spawn
03-27-2007, 07:57 PM
I want an S2k as my next car. They look great, sound great and used ones are really cheap for the quality of car your getting. So mods are pricey. Big deal. ALl I want is some nice wheels, a hard top (spoon!!), and some bolt ons so it will be a good daily. Maybe a nice little JL system to boot.

cheesefries
03-27-2007, 11:49 PM
what do you consider a real track? what org. and class do you run with?
can you run a 1:12's at pir's roadcourse with a lightly modded car? i know a few s2k's that do.

I ran with NASA/CRA.

And yes there are lots of miatas i know of that can outrun S2000's with the same amount of money invested into them.

yosshaa
03-28-2007, 12:35 PM
I ran with NASA/CRA.

And yes there are lots of miatas i know of that can outrun S2000's with the same amount of money invested into them.

compare apples to apples. the mazdas that run faster are not daily drivers they are weekend warriors or are trailer'd in.... the s2k's that are out there are daily driven cars. miata spec is a great choice for bang for the buck racing, but those aren't daily driven cars.

cheesefries
03-29-2007, 07:42 PM
compare apples to apples. the mazdas that run faster are not daily drivers they are weekend warriors or are trailer'd in.... the s2k's that are out there are daily driven cars. miata spec is a great choice for bang for the buck racing, but those aren't daily driven cars.

That has to be, all jokes aside, the stupidest thing ive ever read on a forum. That little post you just made just told me a LOT about how you obviousely have never even seen a real race track in your whole life, and hopefully never will. I know its hard for you to understand, but theres a lot more to racing than who beat who on Bell rd.

yosshaa
03-30-2007, 10:44 AM
That has to be, all jokes aside, the stupidest thing ive ever read on a forum. That little post you just made just told me a LOT about how you obviousely have never even seen a real race track in your whole life, and hopefully never will. I know its hard for you to understand, but theres a lot more to racing than who beat who on Bell rd.

actually I run with nasa/cra and several other orgs in cali and nevada, This is my 4th year doing hpde events. If you would like to tell me how stupid I am in person, I'm normally camped out by tech with the looose boys. i have a gutted white g2 integra with a c.f. hood. Feel free to come say hi, you can also tell my friends (the 3 s2k guys) how slow they are.

enigmadsm
03-30-2007, 01:44 PM
show me this miata and we'll line up on some twisties :D

BlueTeg
03-30-2007, 02:28 PM

So Cheesefries.....how much do you know about racing? What class do you race in with NASA / CRA / SCCA / PASA?

RicoD
03-30-2007, 02:36 PM

http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=26755

BlueTeg
03-30-2007, 02:43 PM

Miata's interior is just as crammed as the S. It's a frickin roadster, not a caddilac.

What exactly is so much more expensive? Both are mass produced 4-bangers with tons of aftermarket options, both cheap and expensive.

Repairs / maintenance? Both are japanese. Both are mass produced. Oil changes, brakes, pads, tires, are all similarly priced.

LOL. So would you class the ~165hp / 140 tq Miata as powerful? :p

Guerillah
03-30-2007, 03:32 PM
not to mention the s2k looks 10x better than a miata.

Peteex
03-30-2007, 03:49 PM
I don't know what there is to argue about, especially since this thread apparently now has nothing to do with the topic.

Miatas are not gay. they are at a different price point then S2000's.

Miatas are great sports cars, and are fully capable stock for the price point.

But:
I would say a stock S2K outclasses a stock miata in everyway,which is why it also costs 10K more.

Personally, I would rather drive a three year old S2000 than a brand new Miata.

Subjectively,both cars are ugly.

Miatas and S2Ks are both pretty cramped, but atleast when I close the door on an S2K it doesn't knock my leg towards the center of the car.

EvilSol
03-30-2007, 05:00 PM
I don't know what there is to argue about, especially since this thread apparently now has nothing to do with the topic.
I would say a stock S2K outclasses a stock miata in everyway,which is why it also costs 10K more.

x2

enigmadsm
03-30-2007, 05:43 PM
cheesefries, your miata looks nice man!
what events have you attended.

cheesefries
03-30-2007, 05:54 PM
actually I run with nasa/cra and several other orgs in cali and nevada, This is my 4th year doing hpde events. If you would like to tell me how stupid I am in person, I'm normally camped out by tech with the looose boys. i have a gutted white g2 integra with a c.f. hood. Feel free to come say hi, you can also tell my friends (the 3 s2k guys) how slow they are.

Sure buddy I know Jeff/Dan. Were you at their house during the F1 race couple weeks ago by any chance?

Sure :clap:

So Cheesefries.....how much do you know about racing? What class do you race in with NASA / CRA / SCCA / PASA?

I ran with NASA/CRA.

Miata's interior is just as crammed as the S. It's a frickin roadster, not a caddilac.

What exactly is so much more expensive? Both are mass produced 4-bangers with tons of aftermarket options, both cheap and expensive.

Repairs / maintenance? Both are japanese. Both are mass produced. Oil changes, brakes, pads, tires, are all similarly priced.

LOL. So would you class the ~165hp / 140 tq Miata as powerful? :p

No, the miatas interior isnt just as crammed as an S2k. Why dont you do yourself a favor and cross check a Miata and a S2k for brake pads, head lights, oil filters, tires, and a clutch job and stop wasting your time. No, i would class 220wheel hp and 200 wheel tq (soon to be a lot more) as powerful. :p

Miatas are not gay. they are at a different price point then S2000's.

Miatas are great sports cars, and are fully capable stock for the price point.

But:

Subjectively,both cars are ugly.

Miatas and S2Ks are both pretty cramped, but atleast when I close the door on an S2K it doesn't knock my leg towards the center of the car.

personally, i would rather have a 3 year old Z06 than a brand new miata so i can shame every single honda ever made in every single category.......O and miatas are gay.

Guerillah
03-30-2007, 07:00 PM
Subjectively,both cars are ugly.[/b]

you hurt my feelings :( i think its by far the best looking 2 seater roadster.

cheesefries
03-30-2007, 07:10 PM
you hurt my feelings :( i think its by far the best looking 2 seater roadster.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/cheesefries/2fast202furious20S2000.jpg

BlueTeg
03-30-2007, 08:52 PM
Why dont you do yourself a favor and cross check a Miata and a S2k for brake pads, head lights, oil filters, tires, and a clutch job and stop wasting your time.

No, i would class 220wheel hp and 200 wheel tq (soon to be a lot more) as powerful. :p

personally, i would rather have a 3 year old Z06 than a brand new miata so i can shame every single honda ever made in every single category.......

Well I did myself a favor and checked the cost for the s2k oil filters and you were right. They're $4.61 cents from Majestic Honda. With the high cost of Honda parts like that, you may as well do the Mazda thing. :p

How does comparing your car (extensive mods and boosted) to a stock S2K make the s2k a piece of shit? So if I buy a clunker early 90's AWD DSM and boost the shit out of it, does that make the s2k a POS too? Why not compare your car to a boosted S?

Which would prove what? That the Z06 is a faster car? I would hope so it's got a much better power to weight ratio throughout the RPM band. :clap: "i wish I could have a 3 year old boosted Elise...so I could shame every single __________ (fill in car manufacturer here) in every single category"

BlueTeg
03-30-2007, 08:59 PM
BTW: you never answered my question. I'll rephrase it: what class did you race in?

That little post you just made just told me a LOT about how you obviousely have never even seen a real race track in your whole life, and hopefully never will. I know its hard for you to understand, but theres a lot more to racing than who beat who on Bell rd.

When you insult someone like that, it sounds like you, yourself are a racer and thus speak from experience.

cheesefries
03-30-2007, 09:11 PM
Me telling you that theres more to racing than bell rd. has nothing to do with me being a "racer"

If you look up i said that I RAN with CRA/NASA ..... reading comprehension > you

BlueTeg
03-30-2007, 10:32 PM
Well you come on here insulting people, calling them street racers, and spouting off like you're the resident AZHT road racing guru. My question was rhetorical.....mainly with the intent to remind you that there are experienced hpde/race drivers on here.

BTW: I actually approached you at a CRA event a few months ago to say hello. I recognized your car from azsolo.com and the CRA forum. Chat with you briefly and got along with you, so no need to be so angry. :hi:

cheesefries
03-30-2007, 11:57 PM
Well you come on here insulting people, calling them street racers, and spouting off like you're the resident AZHT road racing guru. My question was rhetorical.....mainly with the intent to remind you that there are experienced hpde/race drivers on here.

BTW: I actually approached you at a CRA event a few months ago to say hello. I recognized your car from azsolo.com and the CRA forum. Chat with you briefly and got along with you, so no need to be so angry. :hi:

I know there are CRA members on this forum and I also knew you were one. Im sure when you approached me at PIR I was friendly, it might seam like im an ass on the forums becuase I like to defend my precious miatas but everyone who meets me is allways surprised. :wave:

Veux
03-31-2007, 12:23 AM
your a fuckin douche bag your comparing a turboed miata to a stock s2k.
that's the dumbest thing i've ever heard.

Evil Empire
03-31-2007, 12:58 AM
I know there are CRA members on this forum and I also knew you were one. Im sure when you approached me at PIR I was friendly, it might seam like im an ass on the forums becuase I like to defend my precious miatas but everyone who meets me is allways surprised. :wave:

lol I think you do this on purpose...goran said you were a nice guy.

enigmadsm
03-31-2007, 10:52 AM
man...all this hate just cuz he doesnt drive a honda...seriuosly whats with all the name calling?
unless you have something faster than him, im pretty sure his bragging is alotted

Kev
03-31-2007, 06:40 PM
it might seam like im an ass on the forums becuase I like to defend my precious miatas

What's with the need to defend the car if you think of it so highly? More importantly, why do you need to defend it (or badmouth S2000s) on a honda forum in a honda S2000 section? Please give it a rest, because if I want to hear about miatas I'll visit miata.net.

cheesefries
03-31-2007, 08:51 PM
From beginning of page 1......

What's with the need to defend the car if you think of it so highly? More importantly, why do you need to defend it (or badmouth S2000s) on a honda forum in a honda S2000 section? Please give it a rest, because if I want to hear about miatas I'll visit miata.net.

I never bash the s2k i actually like them a lot. I sold my old R-package to buy one but i couldent get myself to spend 15k more than a miata to go a little faster in a stright line. Just like anyone about anything i like my miatas a lot and when people come out of no where and calls miatas gay and bash on them (specially someone who i know has never properly drive a miata) it gets to me. I like respect hondas just as much as the next guy, (ones that are done right). Shit, I have owned 3 of them! Its also come to the point where I can care less what people say and It simply amuses me now. :hi:

Evil Empire
03-31-2007, 08:59 PM
I never bash the s2k i actually like them a lot. I sold my old R-package to buy one but i couldent get myself to spend 15k more than a miata to go a little faster in a stright line. Just like anyone about anything i like my miatas a lot and when people come out of no where and calls miatas gay and bash on them (specially someone who i know has never properly drive a miata) it gets to me. I like respect hondas just as much as the next guy, (ones that are done right). Shit, I have owned 3 of them! Its also come to the point where I can care less what people say and It simply amuses me now. :hi:

OK, see now that post, I understand and can definitely respect it. But come on man...you have to admit, a lot of times you're the one doing the unprovoked insulting on other cars and people, not defending your own.

97accord
03-31-2007, 09:03 PM
not to mention the s2k looks 10x better than a miata.

yes siR:blunt:

yosshaa
04-01-2007, 03:47 AM

Big C
04-02-2007, 10:44 PM
if anything I would drop a SR20det into my s2000.. and you can get 6speed tranny with the SR..

Exactly what I was thinking.

Godzilla S13
04-04-2007, 12:46 AM
Exactly what I was thinking.

great minds think a like... man if i had time.. and some knowledge I would swap my SR20det into my S2k.. 1.5bars from a 2871r.. weee!

yosshaa
04-05-2007, 05:34 PM
whats wrong with throwing a turbo on the s2k?