PDA

View Full Version : popped fuse and battery problem...?!?!?!?!?

Type - O
03-22-2007, 10:42 PM
ok so im driving in the rain with my ricer hood (previous owner) and its got huge holes on the top. never had a problem driving in the rain b4. well tonight im driving and i hear a pop and my headlights went out. all my other lights are fine no problem what so ever. well i pull into a gas station and look at my fuses, the fuse marked with a 15 is broken, put another of the same type in and my lights still dont work so im guess blown bulbs ( i hope). but now to my other question. whenever my RPM's reach above 1k my check battery light comes on but my car seems totally fine cept for my lights. ideas? im going to checker to see if i can get a new battery since mine is under warranty. thanks

jgregg
03-26-2007, 10:17 AM
check the alternator belt make sure its tight , check the 10mm nut on top of the alternator and make sure its tight . disconnect the battery before trying to tighten though . also make sure the big green plug is pushed all the way into the back of the alt . these are just some of the basics you can check . were are you located ? I have had several ef's maybe I can help ?

Type - O
03-27-2007, 11:23 PM
im in tempe. ill try those things tomorrow, thanks bro

onefst91hatch
03-27-2007, 11:54 PM
check all your fuses. and do you have a battery hold down? make sure the battery didnt arc on that. a dead short right on the battery could cause a bunch of shit to go wrong. but first i would check all your fuses under the dash and the hood!

brokebudgetRacer
03-30-2007, 02:19 PM
i was kinda having the same problem so maybe you can let me know what works out for you, when i got above 1k rpm my lights and dash lights would start to pulse like your turning them up and down as well as my battery light, barley started the next day then finally it just wouldn't crank, i noticed that the bat + cables that go from the term to the starter and to my under hood fuse box were all wired together, i fixed those and bought a new bat to see if it could start it but still just the selinoid is clickin thats it, the only fuse thats popped is my condensor fan, can that keep it from starting, this is an 88 rex by the way, if you guys can help that would be great cause i'm stuck 10 miles away from the closest place that can test my electrical system

Type - O
04-01-2007, 01:18 PM
so i noticed that my battery is over charging. would that make the battery light in the dash come one? do i need to replace the regulator?