PDA

View Full Version : cb7 suspension

EPthree04
03-25-2007, 10:36 PM
so what are some nice full coilover assemblys are out there for these cars. i want something to slam one and be relatively cheap.

crx_family
03-29-2007, 06:07 PM
If a cb7 is a 96 Accord, I have a fully adjustable k-sport setup that I will sell for $700. It was $1200 New. Here is what setup it is:

Ksport Kontrol Pro
Ksport Kontrol Pro Fully Adjustable Coilover Kits provide the ultimate in suspension technology for your street or track car. 36 levels of dampening adjustment allow you to fine tune the ride to your handling and comfort needs. The dampening adjusts compression and rebound simultaneously for ease of adjustment. Pillow ball top mounts in the front and rear on some applications allow you to maintain vehicle manufacturer suspension geometry design. The pillow ball top mounts also allow you a more direct feel for solid driver response. Camber adjustability is included on pillow ball top mounts that allow it for the ability to adjust camber from the actual coilover, instead of a separate camber kit.

Most applications utilize an adjustable lower mount, which means you adjust height without losing suspension travel like some other coilover designs do. With the mounts and most pieces of the coilover being designed for 6061 billet aluminum the kit is lightweight, durable, and rust resistant. The steel shock body is electroplated with zinc to resist rust and the elements. The valving of each set is matched to the springs installed for unmatched ride quality and reliability.

The Ksport system uses a Monotube design in which the oil and gas are separated within the cylinder. When compared to twin tube designs the Monotube dissipates heat better, allows finer dampening adjustments, and requires more expensive design process. Aeration and cavatation are a lot less common in a Monotube design, which results in a better ride.

The Ksport Kontrol Pro Coilover kit has been designed with professional road racing in mind offering extremely high value and performance.

Key Features:

36-way adjustable dampening
Made from high quality 6061 Aluminum with T6 for increased hardness
Compression/Rebound adjustable
Adjustable spring perch for height adjustment
Adjustable body allowing maximum suspension travel
Pillow Ball Top Mount w/ adjustable camber (not available for some models)
Monotube High Pressure Design reduces oil leakage
Electroplated body for protection from corrosion and rust
One Year Limited Warranty

wrichards2k6
03-29-2007, 11:36 PM
LOL CB7 is a 90-93 Accord. HOWEVER suspension didn't change from 90-97. K-Sport is good, however I've ridden on some Omnipower and their setup is very good also. Thats if you're going full coilovers. If you just want strut/spring setup, the Koni Yellows are pretty popular, along with Neuspeed (pretty harsh though), and Eibachs are decent as well.

BTW Where did you get a cb7 Chase?

wrichards2k6
03-29-2007, 11:38 PM
BTW... I've never seen K-Sports for 1200.

owequitit
03-30-2007, 03:15 PM
For full coilovers on a street car, Omni power rides like crap.

Neuspeeds ride almost like stock as long as you trim the bumpstops. Even when you use Neuspeed Race and are tucking tire.

Eibach's ride harsher than Neuspeed, when both are properly setup.

Personally, unless you are going to adjust ride height frequently or want bragging rights, I would recommend a nice set of springs and a good set of adjustable shocks.

crx_family
03-30-2007, 08:12 PM
Sorry about the year mix up, I am not an Accord person. Anyway they are $1200 on the k-sport website. Anyway even on ebay they are $800 dollars plus so make me an offer if interested. Thanks

ray ray
04-01-2007, 11:47 AM
For full coilovers on a street car, Omni power rides like crap.

Neuspeeds ride almost like stock as long as you trim the bumpstops. Even when you use Neuspeed Race and are tucking tire.

Eibach's ride harsher than Neuspeed, when both are properly setup.

Personally, unless you are going to adjust ride height frequently or want bragging rights, I would recommend a nice set of springs and a good set of adjustable shocks.

i totally agree with owequitit as ive owned all the suspension set-ups there were for the cb7 chassis and omnipowers are complete garbage,i get so tired of seeing people who have never rode on a decent suspension setup say this crap is good.the only spring and strut setup i would buy again for a cb7 is the neuspeed sport or race with some good struts.the race springs will definitely slam the car and still have a good ride.just ask eg6viettec he owns my old accord with this setup.

nuocmam
04-02-2007, 01:16 PM
i totally agree with owequitit as ive owned all the suspension set-ups there were for the cb7 chassis and omnipowers are complete garbage,i get so tired of seeing people who have never rode on a decent suspension setup say this crap is good.the only spring and strut setup i would buy again for a cb7 is the neuspeed sport or race with some good struts.the race springs will definitely slam the car and still have a good ride.just ask eg6viettec he owns my old accord with this setup.

wassup chase...did you aquire a cb7???
anyways the suspension setup that ray ray has in my accord is the tokico blues with the neuspeed race it rides like a champ...this setup is perfect if you wanna slam it but not lose the ride quality...ksports are cool but I have priced them out at about 700 shipped thru ebay...another suspension that you should in2 is the tein basics I have heard no complaints on those and they are adjustable coilovers

owequitit
04-02-2007, 02:45 PM
wassup chase...did you aquire a cb7???
anyways the suspension setup that ray ray has in my accord is the tokico blues with the neuspeed race it rides like a champ...this setup is perfect if you wanna slam it but not lose the ride quality...ksports are cool but I have priced them out at about 700 shipped thru ebay...another suspension that you should in2 is the tein basics I have heard no complaints on those and they are adjustable coilovers

They do ride well.

The only key to Neuspeed Race springs is that you HAVE to cut the bumpstops. If you don't, you are left with less than 1/2 of travel, which is why people complain about them being bouncy.

I can pretty much guarantee that anyone who has ridden in one that didn't ride nice rode in a car where the bumpstops were NOT cut.

The Neuspeed Sports don't require you to cut the bumpstops.