PDA

View Full Version : coilovers

EvilSol
03-28-2007, 06:42 PM
i can't decide, i thoroughly researched each coilover but i'm still undecided, help me azht! :wave:

i know they are not in the same exact price range, but I can always save a bit more, or spend a bit more on misc. suspension.

tfizzle
03-28-2007, 06:52 PM
i can't decide, i thoroughly researched each coilover but i'm still undecided, help me azht! :wave:

i know they are not in the same exact price range, but I can always save a bit more, or spend a bit more on misc. suspension.

okay so what type of drivin do you do in the car?? What are you looking for??? cause each has cost and then there is driveability with each ya know....

I had Omni's "sport" coilovers which rode nice and for the price were great

Got a new set of TEIN's so will let ya know next week how they ride

tokyospeedpros
03-28-2007, 06:55 PM
Wheres the JIC MAgic or Cusco.. let me know what car this is for. I can help

EvilSol
03-28-2007, 06:56 PM
okay so what type of drivin do you do in the car?? What are you looking for??? cause each has cost and then there is driveability with each ya know....

I had Omni's "sport" coilovers which rode nice and for the price were great

Got a new set of TEIN's so will let ya know next week how they ride

its gonna be daily driven, never tracked, except maybe in the future.

im looking for a nice ride (not too stiff, not too bouncy) and easily adjustable ride height and dampening.

JDMitation
03-28-2007, 07:02 PM
k sport, cheap for daily. no use on going bling blang for something that will never put it to use.

hawaii_DA6
03-28-2007, 08:25 PM
I have experienced the ride quality in vehicles equiped with...

Tein Flex's --- friends EG
Tein flex's --- friends 95 240sx
Tein SS --- friends EG
Omni 6 way --- my EG
K sport --- friends EG
Function Form "first gen" --- friends DC

and a lot of other suspension setups not listed.

overall, I like mines. Now, before people start to hate, listen to my reasons.

1. Omni's piston size is larger diameter than most others listed, this provides stronger damper build, displaces more oil/ Fina fluid than other dampers for the same stroke, and can disipate more heat than other dampers.

2. Omni's ride height is easily adjusted, but so are all coilovers nowdays.

3. 6 way dampening adjustability is "in some ways" better than a 32 way, why you ask? well, if you have ever adjusted a 32 way, you know that you cannot "feel" a difference in dampening/ jounce and rebound force, with one, two or even three clicks. so why have 32 valve positions, when you call only feel every 4 or 5 positions over. plus, if you, or some dumbshit comes over and turns your valve adjuster, turning and resetting a 6 way becomes way less of a hassle than ressetting a 32 way when you have lost your place.

4. Omni's spring rates are for the most part, firmer than most other coilovers. " to each his own on this "

pm me if you would like more first hand experience w/ Omni Power coilovers.

As for the Teins. I must say, Tein has done perfect with their piston valving. these coilovers are as comfertable as a Lexus when set at its softest setting, and can go to as hard as a circuit setup on its firmest setting. these are no doubt great quality coilovers, but in my opinion, slightly overpriced. my opinion.

The Function Form's " first gen " coilovers, I did not like. way to soft, little dampening adjustability, and the body construction was way too thin. Spring rates were by far not meant for the track, and seemed like the threads on the lower body got maared and damaged way to easily. I am sure there new second gens are a lot better.

The K sports were ok. Spring rates on the car I rode in were not as nearly as hard as mine, so the only comfirmation I can give you is that they feel like a smooth riding coilover, easy to adjust, and feel " in hand " like good quality coilovers.

These are only my opinions, so please, if anyone has other views on this, share. Try not to bash on my first hand experiences.

Hope this helps a little.

bmxican
03-28-2007, 08:28 PM
i say omnipower, just because thats what I wanna go.

EvilSol
03-28-2007, 09:47 PM
Wheres the JIC MAgic or Cusco.. let me know what car this is for. I can help

JIC and cusco were kinda out of my price range, and before anyone asks, tein was listed because i have a used set in mind that is for sale.

and this is for a 95 del Sol si; so EG chassis.

EvilSol
03-28-2007, 09:47 PM
I have experienced the ride quality in vehicles equiped with...

Tein Flex's --- friends EG
Tein flex's --- friends 95 240sx
Tein SS --- friends EG
Omni 6 way --- my EG
K sport --- friends EG
Function Form "first gen" --- friends DC

and a lot of other suspension setups not listed.

overall, I like mines. Now, before people start to hate, listen to my reasons.

1. Omni's piston size is larger diameter than most others listed, this provides stronger damper build, displaces more oil/ Fina fluid than other dampers for the same stroke, and can disipate more heat than other dampers.

2. Omni's ride height is easily adjusted, but so are all coilovers nowdays.

3. 6 way dampening adjustability is "in some ways" better than a 32 way, why you ask? well, if you have ever adjusted a 32 way, you know that you cannot "feel" a difference in dampening/ jounce and rebound force, with one, two or even three clicks. so why have 32 valve positions, when you call only feel every 4 or 5 positions over. plus, if you, or some dumbshit comes over and turns your valve adjuster, turning and resetting a 6 way becomes way less of a hassle than ressetting a 32 way when you have lost your place.

4. Omni's spring rates are for the most part, firmer than most other coilovers. " to each his own on this "

pm me if you would like more first hand experience w/ Omni Power coilovers.

As for the Teins. I must say, Tein has done perfect with their piston valving. these coilovers are as comfertable as a Lexus when set at its softest setting, and can go to as hard as a circuit setup on its firmest setting. these are no doubt great quality coilovers, but in my opinion, slightly overpriced. my opinion.

The Function Form's " first gen " coilovers, I did not like. way to soft, little dampening adjustability, and the body construction was way too thin. Spring rates were by far not meant for the track, and seemed like the threads on the lower body got maared and damaged way to easily. I am sure there new second gens are a lot better.

The K sports were ok. Spring rates on the car I rode in were not as nearly as hard as mine, so the only comfirmation I can give you is that they feel like a smooth riding coilover, easy to adjust, and feel " in hand " like good quality coilovers.

These are only my opinions, so please, if anyone has other views on this, share. Try not to bash on my first hand experiences.

Hope this helps a little.

this helps a lot, thanks :wave:

imm0rtal
03-28-2007, 09:51 PM
I have ridden in cars with the Buddy Club N+ and it was the shit. However, since you are going for a daily driver look I would check out TEIN super streets. I got mine for a deal, but after riding on them now for a few months i would gladly pay full price for them. They are the perfect balance of performance and comfort for a daily driver :thumbup:

RhdRicheeee
03-30-2007, 07:06 AM
:type:

Voted

topramn
04-12-2007, 12:21 PM
i currently have the skunks in my eg.. i love them.. i am considering switching to the ksports however.. i have rode in an EG that had them and must say they werent bad.. i like the damper adjustment capability that the ksports have.. if skunk2 had that so i could make them a tad stiffer, i wouldnt consider switching..

*inFamous*
04-12-2007, 12:24 PM
Best bang for the buck has been Omni Power . I sell alot of those and skunk2's to ppl.
I personally ditched my Tein Flex for Omni Power USA Full Adjustables and never have been happier.

dantana
04-13-2007, 09:32 AM
i dont see any mention of grond controls and konis
definately glad i went this route, awesome proven setup.
get it just the way you like it and very cheap/versatil to change out spring.
i think retail is just under a grand. will out perform all but maybe the buddy clubs.
dan

topramn
04-13-2007, 10:49 AM
i think retail is just under a grand. will out perform all but maybe the buddy clubs.
dan

:whatever: ksports are cheaper!

:wave: hi dan!

*inFamous*
04-13-2007, 01:05 PM
dan

damn i didn't like my set lol. im weird though, i didn't like the teins either haha

dantana
04-13-2007, 01:23 PM
damn i didn't like my set lol. im weird though, i didn't like the teins either haha

maybe you didnt set it up right:hithead:
corner balance, tires/suspension setup acordingly to each other:tits:

*inFamous*
04-13-2007, 01:25 PM
maybe you didnt set it up right:hithead:
corner balance, tires/suspension setup acordingly to each other:tits:

Just wasn't my preference lol

azteamextreme
06-10-2007, 05:11 PM
Voted

JDM_SLO
06-10-2007, 05:52 PM
x2

YuckerDisMe
07-31-2007, 08:44 PM
k sport, cheap for daily. no use on going bling blang for something that will never put it to use.

ksport have been good, they ride great but i noticed they make some noise

Zero
08-06-2007, 04:32 PM
ksports fo sho....easy install....smooth ride....able to adjust easly....

Wholesaler
10-09-2007, 02:17 AM
i have omni adjustables on my car.... my kidneys hurt after short rides lol. but i love them

Low91teg
10-15-2007, 01:29 PM
i just got k sports for my dc and i love them!!!!!!!

Godzilla S13
10-17-2007, 09:49 PM
ksport is awesome.. best bang for the buck.. got a set for $575 new for my del sol.. I also used ksport on my daily driver s2000 and my 240sx drift car..

JimmyJam
11-06-2007, 03:49 PM
What about buddy club racing spec?? Thats what I bought and there amazing. almost no droop, and 15 clicks ajustable. On 10 clicks, my shit was dialed! Really nice spring along with aluminum upper pillow balls, shit is sick.

Rollin_Eg
11-06-2007, 03:58 PM
voted

smoovy
12-13-2007, 02:21 PM
I love my Omni's. have had them for 2 years. pair them up with stainless steel brake lines and EBC red stuff pads and your good.

slow import
12-26-2007, 06:04 PM
progress!

UMS Tuning Sales
12-31-2007, 12:54 PM
Ksport does me just fine on the DB.

b20forlife
01-20-2008, 04:46 PM
i have D2 coilovers and i love the way they ride

bbonds
01-30-2008, 09:16 AM
Jic/magic, and Tein, have not had any problems with either, they are tough as hell. http://www.jic-magic.com/ViewProduct1.aspx?ProductID=33

smoovy
02-02-2008, 09:04 PM
JIC is hit or miss. I see some people with no problems and then I read these. I couldn't find the one thread where the shock completely broke in half.
http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=240055
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1119039
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=878754

bbonds
02-04-2008, 02:46 PM
Thats some freaky shit, I will have to call Mikey at JIC and let him know, I havn't had any break or fall apart as of yet. I know when you order your coilovers from JIC, you have to order the correct spring rates E.T.C. We use Tein Flexes on our NSX track car, we have abused the crap out of them, with 0 problems. It's always good to do your homework, and find out about the warranty as well.

jus-lookn03
06-01-2008, 08:59 AM
tien works great for me

mkbvictory
06-12-2008, 04:24 PM
Teins rock....

mkbvictory
06-12-2008, 04:25 PM
I think EDFC is a waste of money.... lol...

elhachbackbolador
06-13-2008, 12:00 AM
voted

zbm22
06-13-2008, 12:01 AM
i absolotly love my ksports i need to do a little more tweeking with the softness but they are a great ride

elhachbackbolador
06-13-2008, 12:01 AM
k sport