PDA

View Full Version : Tranny Question

BBSick
03-29-2007, 12:45 AM
So I am sure everyone has heard of the evolution industries h2b tranny conversion, basically allowing you to run a h22 motor on a b series tranny. Is this for better acceleration only with the cost of losing top end? I know the h22 gears are really long, like falling out of the power band long, but any additional info would be appreciated. Also if you are all motor short gears and high final drives are ideal correct, so if you boosted would you still want the short gears or the long gears since you got plenty of power to utilize all that gear now????

Agent Smith
03-29-2007, 05:22 PM
So I am sure everyone has heard of the evolution industries h2b tranny conversion, basically allowing you to run a h22 motor on a b series tranny. Is this for better acceleration only with the cost of losing top end? I know the h22 gears are really long, like falling out of the power band long, but any additional info would be appreciated. Also if you are all motor short gears and high final drives are ideal correct, so if you boosted would you still want the short gears or the long gears since you got plenty of power to utilize all that gear now????

lol, wow & what did you say?

h22 gears are great, nice & short :) f22 gears are extremely long. h23 gears are right in the middle (people like them for boost, but an h22 tranny will still be quicker because of shorter gearing. b-series is a whole different ball game... I'm at work but when I get home I'll post some good info on ratios ect...

as for fitting a b-series tranny on an h22... why bother with an h22 to begin with if your using a b-series tranny, why not just go b-series (if it's a civic/integra)? if it's an accord/prelude... idk I haven't researched it enough... seems odd to me. :whatever:

reals fact to come later tonight.

ph8ed4life
03-29-2007, 11:58 PM
I;ve seen this personally done at collective racing here in tucson...

You can call the shop and ask their opinions on it.

The plus is a stock b series tranny can handle a lot of power and are very supported by the aftermarket. Plus, h trannies suck. They break way too easy.

DJ Hookid
03-30-2007, 05:33 PM
I agree, H trannys suck ass. But I'd rather have an h series motor than a b series.

BBSick
03-30-2007, 07:02 PM
Yeah H22 gears aren't long compared to other f and h series trannys however when compared to a b series it is longer according to some magazines. Yeah I heard Scott Byars was running a itr tranny or something. Just wondering, it seems pretty inexspenive as far as the kit and in the latest d sport I believe they throw this setup in a eg hatch and compare it to the k20 hatch, they are pretty dead even and the ""h2b" is $7000 cheaper.

Agent Smith
03-30-2007, 07:16 PM
here's the f/h-series gear ratios ect:
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a66/azVTECaccord/accord-ludetrannys.jpg

2point6
04-03-2007, 09:54 AM
Yeah H22 gears aren't long compared to other f and h series trannys however when compared to a b series it is longer according to some magazines. Yeah I heard Scott Byars was running a itr tranny or something. Just wondering, it seems pretty inexspenive as far as the kit and in the latest d sport I believe they throw this setup in a eg hatch and compare it to the k20 hatch, they are pretty dead even and the ""h2b" is $7000 cheaper.

I have actually been running an SIR-T trans with a Circuitworx 4.7 final.

BBSick
04-03-2007, 11:20 PM
Nice Scott, how much did it shave off your already low ass quarter mile? I think it's better for all motor setup but boost might be too much spin for the shorter gears?!?

Fox Vtec
04-04-2007, 12:22 AM
yeah a tranny is a girl whos not really a girl