PDA

View Full Version : Suspension...

rushbuster70
03-30-2007, 10:22 AM
What do you guys have for your setup...I'm looking to lower my car here soon but i'm curious what suggestions you guys have to go with.1st and foremost price is not a concern.I just want something thats going to last.So i've always heard don't just get springs.Would it be smart to get shocks and coilovers?Suspension is something I'm doing more research on but it gets confusing with soooo many options so help me out.Thanks

hawaii_DA6
03-30-2007, 11:01 AM
what kind of questions are you looking to get answers for?

what do you want insight on???

rushbuster70
03-30-2007, 11:04 AM
what kind of questions are you looking to get answers for?

what do you want insight on???

well for instance whats a good setup?just springs?coilovers?springs and shocks?do coilovers go with shocks?like i said i'm not to familiar with suspension

hawaii_DA6
03-30-2007, 11:08 AM
Well, you have a few descisions to make first...

1. what am I gonna use this set-up for? DDing only? some track? sport driving all day :) ? smooth ride for the ladies? ect.
2. how much am I willing to spend/ what is my budget and price range? am I a baller?
3. do I want dampening adjustability, do I want ride height adjustability?
4. do I care about brand/ reputation of product?
5. what color do I like lol.

so. with these in mind. hit me back and weel talk story again.

topnotch7gen
03-30-2007, 06:12 PM
Anthony, get the Tein Basics or SS. You'll be very happy with those for sure. I say coilovers because you can adjust the height to vary to what wheels you have and how you want the car to sit.

:)

clean4door
03-30-2007, 07:00 PM
im not a big coilover fan have them on my sol and hate them, i went with sprint 2in drop springs and ingals front and rear camber kit good drop like 2-3 finger gap on 17s on an 05 4 door

rushbuster70
03-30-2007, 09:07 PM
Anthony, get the Tein Basics or SS. You'll be very happy with those for sure. I say coilovers because you can adjust the height to vary to what wheels you have and how you want the car to sit.

:)

Thats what I was thinking man...But should i get shocks too?I'm trying to get something that will last.

Rufus
03-30-2007, 09:24 PM
Coilovers are like driving a skateboard.

Buy some good springs and you'll be fine on stock struts. Even if you have to replace them 2 years down the road, it will STILL be cheaper than buying aftermarket struts.

YuckerDisMe
03-30-2007, 09:34 PM
Buy some good springs and you'll be fine on stock struts.

I bought some springs from SH motorsports and had them install them and my car hasnt sat right since then...I could fit barely fit two fingers between the wheel and car on the drivers side and on the passangers side i could fit three fingers with extra room...

So i was also looking to get coilovers to fix this problem, unless i could find someone to put them on that knows what there doing, i wont ever go back to SH for anything...

rushbuster70
03-30-2007, 09:40 PM
well my stock struts where just redone in january at 78k...

rufus...dude i'm fat i've never rode a skateboard so help me out here on coilovers.what setup do you have?
i had coilovers on one car but it was a little bit bouncy but that car was just way too low.

Rufus
03-30-2007, 10:53 PM
coilovers AND shitty springs sucks ass. Buy quality springs.

topnotch7gen
04-01-2007, 10:48 AM
Thats what I was thinking man...But should i get shocks too?I'm trying to get something that will last.

You silly boy!!! The SS or basics are the full coilovers, not just the springs. They're a complete shock and spring together!

rushbuster70
04-02-2007, 01:10 PM
You silly boy!!! The SS or basics are the full coilovers, not just the springs. They're a complete shock and spring together!

ah ok...gotcha.still learning mang