PDA

View Full Version : Rear Disc Swap

blowinaway
03-31-2007, 01:12 AM
I planning on swapping over to rear disc brakes. My question is , Will rear disc brake off a da work on a ef?? If anyone can help, thanx :argue: :argue: :clap:

90civicdx
03-31-2007, 09:31 AM
yes pretty much any rear disc setup will work...your just need a civic si ebrake cable...thats the bitch to find youll have better luck getting it from the dealer at 98 bucks

Low91teg
03-31-2007, 07:53 PM
i have a da rear swap on my 89 civic so ya it will work.

blowinaway
04-09-2007, 08:53 AM
thanks for advise i'll start looking

azcrx
04-09-2007, 09:11 AM
you're going to need to grab the lower control arm and the propotioning valve also when you pull the brake system off the integra

onefst91hatch
04-09-2007, 09:45 AM
you're going to need to grab the lower control arm and the propotioning valve also when you pull the brake system off the integra

i used my civic lca's and it workd fine. and i had DC2 gsr rears on a 90 hatch DX

Smokinsax
04-09-2007, 10:37 PM
i used my civic lca's and it workd fine. and i had DC2 gsr rears on a 90 hatch DX

yeah...the stock EF LCA will be fine. Dont need to change it out.

allbossbra
04-09-2007, 11:52 PM

ive seen it done without the propotioning valve in fact i belive its the same part # for ef and da's

Low91teg
04-10-2007, 11:53 AM
most ef's dont have a 40/40 prop valve most have a 30-35/5-10 depending on the model but dont qoute me i can remember the exact #.

lsvtec123
08-25-2009, 07:42 PM
most likely

hondafan
10-05-2009, 11:33 AM
i have a da rear swap on my 89 civic so ya it will work.

was the swap off a 4 door da or 2 door

mando
10-07-2009, 10:54 AM
was the swap off a 4 door da or 2 door

i think 4 door rear disk are different than two door. I have read that you shouldnt use them off a four door.

die in a dick fire noob
10-07-2009, 11:59 AM
this thread is like 3 years old guys... some spammer brought it up with 'most likely"

for the record, if it's a hatch or sedan you need brakes off of a DA doesn't matter 4dr or 2dr but you need the cables from a 2dr... ABS non ABS doesn't matter either as long as you get the 4040... the DA rear arms have spots for your rear sway bar if your car didn't come with one you need these to add one so you may as well get them.

you can buy the ebrake cables at the dealer but they are 98 dollars a piece... so you may as well get them from the car you're taking the brakes off of.

it's easier just to take everything from the back minus the shocks and springs because at some yards it's cheaper.

hondafan2
10-07-2009, 07:06 PM
yo statik, i think i already asked you about a crx, but i cant remember what you said about it. My friend has a crx with the drums, its a dx model with a ls swap and mpfi converted. He wants rear disc brakes on the back,
is it the same deal for a crx as for a civic?
or he has to get it off another crx with the disc brakes?

EFfective
10-07-2009, 09:52 PM
to do it right all you need is ANY 90-00 civic/crx/del sol or 90-01 integra trailing arms that came with factory rear discs (you could just swap the spindle and hub portion but for simplicities sake i recommend just using the whole arm), a 40/40 proportioning valve and 90-93 integra e-brake cables for an oem fit. it's that simple.

hondafan2
10-07-2009, 10:00 PM
damn, awesome!!!!, thanks, simple as hell, i'll let this friend know just to switch everything out of a da. Im not sure he will be to excited about the valve but i'll push him to do it if he wants the real stoping improvment

EFfective
10-07-2009, 10:15 PM
the prop valve is super easy to get to, he shouldn't have any problems removing or installing it. also for the crx you will need to use a 90-91 crx si e-brake cable. DA is fine for hatch and 4 door but it will be to long for the rex.

Trick
10-08-2009, 12:18 AM
yea, i have ls front n rears, the brake cable is just a lil long, but it works just fine just dont go over any f*cked up streets or you'll yank it off, happened to a friend...

hondafan2
10-08-2009, 12:43 AM
the prop valve is super easy to get to, he shouldn't have any problems removing or installing it. also for the crx you will need to use a 90-91 crx si e-brake cable. DA is fine for hatch and 4 door but it will be to long for the rex.

damn, those are hard to get huh, im pretty sure we'll customize something for it. That valve is right there on the passanger side, he doesnt have the brake line wrench thats why he will think about getting that on there, buy like i said, if he wants it done right he is gonna have to do it that way

yea, i have ls front n rears, the brake cable is just a lil long, but it works just fine just dont go over any f*cked up streets or you'll yank it off, happened to a friend...

lol, thats where he drives by most of the time, fucked up streets full of pot holes and bumps but he is kinda learning how to avoid them, sort of

die in a dick fire noob
10-08-2009, 06:00 AM
for a crx you need crx brakes, you can obviously use the da's or the civic's but some people have problems with the toe adjustment, other people say they don't have a problem, i typically will trust people who actually have their alignment's done... i know on my sedan the da brakes will only adjust down to +.02 on each side for toe, now that's in spec so it's no big deal but the stuff i've seen on a rex with DA brakes is like +.05 which is out of spec. Again it's not a huge number but every bit makes a difference.

EFfective
10-08-2009, 11:47 PM
damn, those are hard to get huh, im pretty sure we'll customize something for it. That valve is right there on the passanger side, he doesnt have the brake line wrench thats why he will think about getting that on there, buy like i said, if he wants it done right he is gonna have to do it that way

you dont have to have a line wrench but it does make the job easier. heres a tip; spray each one of the fittings with some pb blaster penetrating oil before you try to take them off. if you cant find the prop valve any where, pm me and i'll help you out.

for a crx you need crx brakes, you can obviously use the da's or the civic's but some people have problems with the toe adjustment, other people say they don't have a problem, i typically will trust people who actually have their alignment's done... i know on my sedan the da brakes will only adjust down to +.02 on each side for toe, now that's in spec so it's no big deal but the stuff i've seen on a rex with DA brakes is like +.05 which is out of spec. Again it's not a huge number but every bit makes a difference.

the civic and integra arms are geometrically identical. i've used both on many different cars with no alignment issues. if your friends had toe issues it was unrelated to which arms they were using.

die in a dick fire noob
10-09-2009, 06:12 AM
yes the civic and the integras are... we're not taling about a civic or an integra, we're talking about a crx...

and yes the toe issue did come from the trailing arms used... no matter what toe arms were used the lowest the toe would go on each side was +.05... now if one side were off i'd attribute it to something bent, but both sides adjusting to the same thing? all items were changed with the exception of integra trailing arms... soooooooooooooooooooooooo, that being said and it being agreed upon by a ton of different people, i will stick with my story on the crx. now if we're talking a hatch/sedan/wago yes, identical.

EFfective
10-09-2009, 10:22 PM
actually wagon arms are about 3 inches longer than the others and the upper control arm mounts higher up but aside from that all other ef arms are the same which are also the same as eg, ek, dc, da...