PDA

View Full Version : generic drugs?

teemfedx
03-31-2007, 04:15 PM
i was working at the front desk and a guest asked if i had something for a headache...we sell tylenol for $1.00 for two 500mg capsules...i then told him i had some iboprophen (sp?) that i bought from CVS (it was CVS brand and were only 200mg pills)...

he then gave me an insulting look as if i were having sex with his mother and said "why do you offer me this generic shit" (and yes he did say shit)...

i thought i was nice saving him a dollar but he wasnt feeling it, he then went on a lecture about how generic drugs are dangerous and cant be trusted...i was like WTF Mate...

anyway how do you feel about taking generic drugs?

JDMitation
03-31-2007, 04:19 PM
its the same ingredients for less cheese, why would u spend more for brand name ish??

bmxican
03-31-2007, 04:25 PM
The real question here is, when are you gonna whoop this niggas ass for stepping outta line.

Neebs
03-31-2007, 04:49 PM
Generic drugs have the same dosage, strength, and the works as the name brand drug. Only difference is that the generic company don't have the money to research as the name brand ones.

I use both generic and name brand. I don't see any difference in them and they definately both put me to sleep.

Agent Smith
03-31-2007, 10:37 PM
The real question here is, when are you gonna whoop this niggas ass for stepping outta line.
+1 for you :)

& yeah, generic brands are GREAT! CHEAP STUFF THAT ACTUALLY DOES WHAT IT IS PROMISED TO DO. +1 for generic drugs.

Golden He@rt
04-01-2007, 03:03 AM
daaaamn that sucks but phil you better be careful offering that shit to customers cuz it could come back and bite you in ur ass so watch ur back foooo

egluv
04-01-2007, 03:08 AM
that guys a douche. you should prolly just go ahead and have sex with his mom.

Owens
04-01-2007, 03:24 AM
Tell him if he didn't fucking eat the "generic shit" like it was skittles, then he wouldn't have to worry about what generic shit is.

Nothing pisses me off more than seeing people eat Tylenol and Advil and stuff like it's some sort of health vitamin.

advert
04-01-2007, 03:25 AM

id like to have sex with his mom wile giving her a douche bath

Type - O
04-01-2007, 01:42 PM
i dont take medicine

JdmNateGsr
04-01-2007, 02:16 PM

I WOULD DEFFINATLY BRING PROTECTION!

myegnme
04-01-2007, 02:24 PM
mannn i take generic perquisette and zanax and its absolutely the same. what works, works. you shoulda said, "beggers cant be choosers mother fucker, take a hike." i say you rail the shit outta his mom, grandma, sister, and daughter. lolol be easy.
people are dicks.

Stealthy
04-01-2007, 02:31 PM

x2. Smack that f000 in the mouth

Manga_Spawn
04-01-2007, 02:42 PM
I take target brand claritin and I swear that it worked better than the real stuff. Maybe it just felt like that because I spent 1/3 on the generic stuff.

Chiodos
04-02-2007, 06:44 AM
generic and brand have the Same ACTIVE ingredients the only thing difference is the binders, fillers and dyes....... and it isnt that the generic manufacturers cant afford the research

the Brand manufacturers do all the research and then have a patent on the formulation for a number of years to make the money back from the research, then when the patent is up other manufacturers can make the same med but they use different binders,dyes, fillers(to make it look different) that are inactive in your body, they dont have to go through all the testing that the brand name manufacturers do ... thats why generics are cheaper.

ilovemy-eg9-
09-22-2009, 01:51 AM
i was working at the front desk and a guest asked if i had something for a headache...we sell tylenol for $1.00 for two 500mg capsules...i then told him i had some iboprophen (sp?) that i bought from CVS (it was CVS brand and were only 200mg pills)...

he then gave me an insulting look as if i were having sex with his mother and said "why do you offer me this generic shit" (and yes he did say shit)...

i thought i was nice saving him a dollar but he wasnt feeling it, he then went on a lecture about how generic drugs are dangerous and cant be trusted...i was like WTF Mate...

anyway how do you feel about taking generic drugs?

ok generic drugs are the same as brand!
if you dnt believe me look at the ingredients

the only reason why brand names cost more is advertising!

MrRline2010
09-22-2009, 02:09 AM
generic is just as good

VTECin5th
09-22-2009, 02:34 AM
2 year old thread. But, ill second what 94hb said, it's true. I am actually allergic to the binders used in Mallinckro vicodin products. It causes my lymph nodes to swell up in my head and neck. I can take other generic vicodin without this problem. The drug still works the same, name brand, or generic. most generics are ok with me, except macaroni n cheese. If it's not Kraft, it sucks.

ilovemy-eg9-
09-22-2009, 02:36 AM
thats so true!
theirs nothing like kraft macaroni n cheese

all other ones taste lik powdery cheese and have no flavor

TypeREgg
09-22-2009, 02:39 AM
why bring back this old ass thrread?

ilovemy-eg9-
09-22-2009, 02:43 AM
why not?

TypeREgg
09-22-2009, 02:48 AM
cuz its two years old and pointless??
just like ur post about mac n cheese

ilovemy-eg9-
09-22-2009, 02:49 AM
fuk you

like you carbon fiber panels are so usefull right?
they take lik .2lbs of weight off your car..

TypeREgg
09-22-2009, 02:51 AM
haha ight BRO

ilovemy-eg9-
09-22-2009, 02:52 AM
im not a bro.. ima girl..

TypeREgg
09-22-2009, 02:54 AM
lol well my bad then BITCH and my panels arent ment to take weight off? thats why i have full interior right?
again before u start talkin shit put two n two together but its all good i love hatin ass bitches like urself

TypeREgg
09-22-2009, 02:56 AM
u know what my bad im not gonna call u a bitch cuz i dont know u but agin this thread is old n has no point like ur mac n cheese post

ilovemy-eg9-
09-22-2009, 03:02 AM
ok?

your carbon fiber door panels have no point either..

no its ok i am a bitch.. just like your an asshole..

i just fukin hate pple lik you have have nothing else to do but hate on everything even on a stupid post i put up. its fukin AZHT.. hello!?!>?!?
who the fuk cares if its old?
just fuk urself

TypeREgg
09-22-2009, 03:16 AM
your right they dont have a point they just look nice seems like ur doin all the hating here tho cuz all ur doin is talkin bout my car and all i said was why bring up this old post whic wasnt being directed to ur ass so its ur dumbass who has nothiun to do but start shit lol its just azht gurl RELAX

Mop
09-22-2009, 09:00 AM
Walmart has a generic for everything now. Drugs, cereal, mini pizzas, soup, cookies; they're taking over.

Wagonmaster
09-22-2009, 08:43 PM
Guess what....hospitals use generic. And yes, they work the same.

nolongervtec
09-22-2009, 08:56 PM
i work at a pharmacy

i can tell you this for a fact...that generics and brands are not the same exact thing

generics however do have the same active ingredient as brands but use different fillers....thus having the same effect as brands do...but some people have allergic reactions to some fillers

in the end they work just as well...but not the same exact thing

lakeshow24
09-25-2009, 03:31 PM
anyone ever took topomax i got like 4 of them but i dont know if i wanna pop them...

jonnymos
09-25-2009, 03:37 PM
What does that even have to do with this thread? I need one, Stupid people like you give me a heachache.

lakeshow24
09-25-2009, 03:39 PM
What does that even have to do with this thread? I need one, Stupid people like you give me a heachache.

Wow. what crawled in your ass?? Im just asking if anyone ever took topomax? Because i know there are some pill poppers here and im just asking? thats all a- hole

jonnymos
09-25-2009, 03:57 PM
Take them all at once and pound a 40...

GunnRulF
09-25-2009, 04:08 PM
lol

usdm420
09-25-2009, 04:27 PM
i work at a pharmacy

i can tell you this for a fact...that generics and brands are not the same exact thing

generics however do have the same active ingredient as brands but use different fillers....thus having the same effect as brands do...but some people have allergic reactions to some fillers

in the end they work just as well...but not the same exact thing

I actually worked at a pharmaceutical production facility a few years back in Cali, and we actually produced the IDENTICAL product for different companies that just slapped their labels on the product. Same exact product, different companies, different prices.

True story.:thumbsup: