PDA

View Full Version : Skunk2 Pro series Vs Edelbrock Victor

rexnaz
04-01-2007, 02:48 AM
for boosted applications; which manifold do you prefer and why do you pick one over the other?

1. Skunk2 Pro series

2. Edelbrock Victor

taggart_lumpy
04-01-2007, 03:00 AM
skunk2 is designed more for n/a cars and will work fine for low boost applications, but obviously the victor x is the better choice if your you have the option now and your car is boosted. larger plenium, runners are straighter, ect ect

rexnaz
04-02-2007, 11:29 AM
any body else tried either or both?

carslut
04-02-2007, 11:58 AM
i picked up a skunk 2 cheap. i'm planning 15lbs from an AFI a/c kit. I'll let you know

Chinky
04-02-2007, 12:00 PM
i know somebody who boosted with the full edlebrock on single cam and made like 280

noVtecHERE
04-02-2007, 05:08 PM
shit on accident i voted for skunk 2 but i meant to vote for the Victor X, reason being is the skunk 2 isdesigned for high revs and upper end power, the victor X is designed with a big plenum so u can pack the boost in and the fat short stubby runners help deliver it for more mid range :)

noVtecHERE
04-02-2007, 05:09 PM
i have used the blox (very similar to the skunk2 if not the same) and i used it for one month and went to the victor X, i couldnt rev high enough to even use the skunk 2....

rexnaz
04-02-2007, 10:21 PM
thx for info

gcboy90
04-02-2007, 10:26 PM
y not dish out a grand and buy a full race TM?

locash
04-02-2007, 10:47 PM
I think you're confused, Shanaynay.. The victor X manifold will easily outflow the skunk2 manifold at high revs under boost. The skunk2 manifold is for n/a applications and has longer runners than the victor X to increase midrange torque. I think your Gtech Pro or your ass dyno is broken. :)

i have used the blox (very similar to the skunk2 if not the same) and i used it for one month and went to the victor X, i couldnt rev high enough to even use the skunk 2....

RhdRicheeee
04-03-2007, 07:31 AM
I think you're confused, Shanaynay.. The victor X manifold will easily outflow the skunk2 manifold at high revs under boost. The skunk2 manifold is for n/a applications and has longer runners than the victor X to increase midrange torque. I think your Gtech Pro or your ass dyno is broken. :)

Aahahhaahhahhaaahaah

Good info

GNU
04-03-2007, 03:19 PM
yeah just look at the plenum and runner design. Its clear what there purposes are. Chose accordingly.

rexnaz
04-03-2007, 10:42 PM
yeah just look at the plenum and runner design. Its clear what there purposes are. Chose accordingly.

sir yes sir

ARMS
04-05-2007, 09:33 AM
i am putthing a victor x on soon so i will let u know

dougvtect
04-11-2007, 10:31 PM
Let us know some numbers and setup, i'm interest. I personally ran a skunk2 on my FI.

sohcisme
06-24-2007, 12:31 PM
I bought the victor x after doing weeks of research and reading. Alot of people also said the skunk2 had clearance issues with hitting the firewall? I liked the way the polished edelbrock looked too and the IACV is on the bottom so its cleaner looking and it should have no issues with fitment.

18c
06-24-2007, 09:17 PM
the victor X will get your more power as you rev higher and are going for peak hp if thats what your definition of better is. I dont really know what changes they made between the first skunk2 manifolds and the pro ones but mine fits fine. The victor X is pretty much a straight up drag manifold, its way way bigger, and is not designed for a daily driver imo. I think skunk2's and aebs and itr are a pretty good choice (best is damn subjective) for anything thats not a full race car. If it is a race car get something with a huge plenum and big short runners like an edelbrok or full race or etc etc. In between its a toss up imo. ITs a balance between flow and velocity which is why its also not always best to have a fully ported head if its a basic street setup.

azteamextreme
06-24-2007, 10:20 PM
voted

redwidow
07-03-2007, 11:48 AM
I made 554 whp with the knock off Venom(ebay bought bad welds), I'm changing to Victorx which most drag racers prefer. Should pick up like a mofo:)

rexnaz
07-05-2007, 06:05 PM
good info

I Hate Import Cars
07-09-2007, 10:31 AM
I could be wrong, because I've only done NA stuff before for imports, but I would ASSUME that if you're running anymore than 14.7 psi of boost, there's not going to be a BIG difference in manifold performance, just because at that point it doesn't matter how well the manifold "flows" air because it doesn't have to "flow" air on it's own anymore, it's being forced in there. I guess at SOME point above and beyond that, you'd want a fatter straighter runner, just becuase you can get more volume that way. I think once you start pressurizing a manifold, you're concearn for the flow velocity potential of the manifold goes out the window. Kinda like how a good port and polish job will help much more on a NA setup than on a boosted setup, ya? Or am I completely off base here? I'm actually interested to know if this line of thought of mine is accurate AT ALL here...

*inFamous*
07-09-2007, 10:34 AM
I could be wrong, because I've only done NA stuff before for imports, but I would ASSUME that if you're running anymore than 14.7 psi of boost, there's not going to be a BIG difference in manifold performance, just because at that point it doesn't matter how well the manifold "flows" air because it doesn't have to "flow" air on it's own anymore, it's being forced in there. I guess at SOME point above and beyond that, you'd want a fatter straighter runner, just becuase you can get more volume that way. I think once you start pressurizing a manifold, you're concearn for the flow velocity potential of the manifold goes out the window. Kinda like how a good port and polish job will help much more on a NA setup than on a boosted setup, ya? Or am I completely off base here? I'm actually interested to know if this line of thought of mine is accurate AT ALL here...

Well technically its not correct, but the results that you'll achieve on a boosted car with Port n Polish an a slightly larger manifodl are typically not as noticible on a boosted car than a N/A car but they ARE still there even if miniscule.

Your thought process is correct though from a logical point of view but when it comes down to actual physics it all matters. Just not enough in my oppinion to run out and get your boosted car ported and polished and to swap your ITR manifold to a skunk2 one :)

I Hate Import Cars
07-09-2007, 12:07 PM
Well technically its not correct, but the results that you'll achieve on a boosted car with Port n Polish an a slightly larger manifodl are typically not as noticible on a boosted car than a N/A car but they ARE still there even if miniscule.

Your thought process is correct though from a logical point of view but when it comes down to actual physics it all matters. Just not enough in my oppinion to run out and get your boosted car ported and polished and to swap your ITR manifold to a skunk2 one :)

right, and that's kind of my thought on it. like, that manifold costs $700 (just making that up), and I can pick up 7 hp bolting it on, or I can go to the dyno for less money, and dial in a little more boost and gain 20 hp...i mean, I guess it would make sense to do if you have worked EVERY OTHER PART on that motor to it's max potential and STILL want more power. but if you can afford to do that, then you're in a different game than me anyway! :)

michalo187
06-22-2009, 02:05 PM
For boosted or even built Na I like the Victor x, It will give more mid and top range power, Though both manifolds are better than stock and work great. The Victor x also looks bad ass IMO.

CR-X SIR-T
06-22-2009, 03:52 PM
Anyone have info on Rev Hard Manifolds?

rexnaz
06-23-2009, 09:48 AM
its back alive... lol old thread

WekSos
06-23-2009, 06:26 PM
Edelbrock ftw, from personal use and uhm billy at importauto works says the same hahaha but no it seriously been proven. Plus counts are 26-12

churchyegvtec
07-08-2009, 11:25 AM
i made 641 on a skunk2 idk but thats pretty damn good lol i am thinking of switching to a victor x though

eghead
07-15-2009, 09:14 AM
I had the pro series but I was all motor and I heard it'll do fine with a small turbo application

1lowtacoma
07-19-2009, 05:35 PM
was running a victor X on my built na engine, my ass dyno said it was better then an AEBS lol

crxhfb16
07-21-2009, 10:35 AM
I wish edelbrock would make a manifold for h and f series.

4_door_gsr
07-21-2009, 10:45 AM
i run a victor x if your going boost deffinetly go with edelbrock it allows so much more air to flow. but if n/a go with skunk

honduh_head
07-21-2009, 08:05 PM

i can make one work for ya ;)

EatSleepParty
07-21-2009, 11:59 PM
anyone run the edelbrock without boost yet? i will be boosting in 3 months or so but was wondering should i buy this in the meantime?

honduh_head
07-22-2009, 12:11 AM
if you're planning on boosting in the future, do iiiiit.

EatSleepParty
07-22-2009, 01:04 AM
will i notice any gains?

4_door_gsr
07-22-2009, 07:13 AM
anyone run the edelbrock without boost yet? i will be boosting in 3 months or so but was wondering should i buy this in the meantime?

my car is in the process of being boosted right now but i have had the manifold on for a month or two. if you are going to be boosted in a few months just get it anyway i had no problems with it

TurboElements
07-22-2009, 10:03 AM

Not that I like to help out someone who likes to run their mouth about me, and won't do it directly to me, but this will help you out:

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2564642

honduh_head
07-22-2009, 04:18 PM
I'm a little skeptical of running a k manifold on the h... once u add the adapter I just don't see it making more power than the skunk.

usdmEF_9
07-22-2009, 05:39 PM
ive had both SK2 and edlbrock on both N/A and turbo applications.

I prefer the SK2 pro manifold over the edlbrock for stock or slightly modified N/A application but would not recomend it for serious turbo applications or serious N/A applications unless you get it ported.

The edlbrock manifold how ever is a great all around manifold and i would highly recomend it for any N/A or turbo application either stock or fully built, this is because of the edlbrock manifold has larger runners and a strait air flow design that will allow you to make more power throughout low mid and high range. Where the SK2 has a small effect on your mid range although you do see nice results in the high end (top end) range

atomicx
08-08-2009, 09:21 AM
seen edelbrocks handle insane numbers before. not so sure about the victor though ??

those two are the same thing.

RICK's-TOWING
08-09-2009, 11:22 PM
seen edelbrocks handle insane numbers before. not so sure about the victor though ??

you need to look yourself in the mirror and ask one question....."am i a fucking dumbass?"....you more than likely will confuse yourself with such a complicated question! fear not because im just the man to help you.....You are indeed a fucking idiot and should be placed inside a port a shitter lit on fire and rolled down a hill landing in the middle of a freeway full of 75mph peter built 18 wheelers driven by a bunch of redneck kkk members. im sure at some point along this long journey of lessons you will realize you should re consider even driving a car before you try and speak knowledge about performance. sorry if im harsh. i just expect more from someone who has seen insane numbers from both intake manifolds you so horribly speak of......

taggart_lumpy
08-09-2009, 11:29 PM
lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooo

but really i can picture that

honduh_head
08-09-2009, 11:40 PM
you need to look yourself in the mirror and ask one question....."am i a fucking dumbass?"....you more than likely will confuse yourself with such a complicated question! fear not because im just the man to help you.....You are indeed a fucking idiot and should be placed inside a port a shitter lit on fire and rolled down a hill landing in the middle of a freeway full of 75mph peter built 18 wheelers driven by a bunch of redneck kkk members. im sure at some point along this long journey of lessons you will realize you should re consider even driving a car before you try and speak knowledge about performance. sorry if im harsh. i just expect more from someone who has seen insane numbers from both intake manifolds you so horribly speak of......

omfg hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhaaha