PDA

View Full Version : give me your old bucket seat!

dantana
04-02-2007, 02:29 PM
scott, eric, anyone, im lookin for a bucket for my car, taxman killed my dreams of the spg-pro, so now im lookin for hand me downs. ive got a real small budget so let me know what you guys have, THANk YOU!
dan
time attackee
dsturla@cox.net

imm0rtal
04-02-2007, 02:48 PM
Hell, I'm with this guy! If anyone has one for cheap let me know as well. I need one so I can run harnesses to avoid the stock seatbelts + roll bar thing =/

topramn
04-03-2007, 09:59 AM
dan sturla is a dirty whore!

flyzlow
04-03-2007, 05:16 PM
Doh ... I actually sold my old Momo Start for cheap to Paul Pate (one of the NV H4 guys) back in Feb. I'll check w/ Jon Stern to see if he still has his old one around. I think Erik still has his Momo Cup seat (since upgrading to the pimpy Racetech), but was gonna keep it for trying to get some in-car instruction or something. I'll ask him.

Edit: If you have Mike Browning's #, you might want to give him a call. He recently put a Racetech in his CRX also and may have a hand me down for you. He's trying to get out of all of his stuff right now, so I doubt he'd mind selling if he still has it.

- Scott

imm0rtal
04-03-2007, 07:42 PM
Anyone want to ask around for me? I'm trying to get into the road race thing, but don't know any of these names or their associated numbers =/

Fox Vtec
04-03-2007, 07:51 PM
Anyone want to ask around for me? I'm trying to get into the road race thing, but don't know any of these names or their associated numbers =/

road race?

woody55
04-04-2007, 09:07 AM
I think Erik still has his Momo Cup seat (since upgrading to the pimpy Racetech)... - Scott

I actually have a Sparco Corsa seat that is just taking up space in the garage. I'll bring it to the track this weekend and we can make a deal. I also have a few extra harnesses lying around that I'll also bring, they are out of date for racing but still in cood condition of HPDE or Time Atack.

See you guys at the track this weekend.

dantana
04-04-2007, 09:21 AM
thanks scott, thanks erik! yea ill try and email mike today, talk to you and john at the track this weekend.
please bring the seat out withyou, ill bring my girlfriends checkbook, ahha

as far as immortal looking to get into roadracing, best bet would be to come out to the track, get to know some drivers, talk setups. i can walk you through the baby steps if you want.
clubracingaz.com is a good start too!

thanks everyone
dan

imm0rtal
04-04-2007, 10:21 AM
Sounds like a plan man, though my car is under the knife right now and I live in Tucson. I'll probably drop by some of the events though :thumbup:

BlueTeg
04-04-2007, 10:27 AM
Dan:
Call locash, he has/had a Momo Start he was willing to sell. (no base mount or slider for EG though :( )

cibola
04-06-2007, 10:36 AM
Immortal - come out to some of our events and meet these guys if you need the contacts. Its a real tight knit group of guys that really take care of one another. We have events every month so if you cant make this one come to the next.

If you want to get into road racing this is the best gig in town. Check us out at www.clubracingaz.com

BlueTeg
04-06-2007, 10:49 AM
^ what he said.

Whore some ride alongs some geeeeeeee's in the corners. :tits:
That will definitely motivate you to get your car done for next month.

imm0rtal
04-10-2007, 11:10 PM
oh my car won't be done and safe for track use for at least a few months. I want to go with the 4 wheel disks, get the roll bar in there right, and make a proper harness bar for it. I hate cutting corners, so it's gonna take a while :P

I'll definitely have to come out to some of the events and see what's up though for sure :thumbup:

taggart_lumpy
04-10-2007, 11:39 PM
i have these things for sale cleap also

-hoosier r6 autox slicks 225/50/14...120
-ultra shield seat(for all you auto x'ers) with blue cover. not for fat people!...120

or both for $200
or trade for momo rookie seat

Splashystrwbery
04-10-2007, 11:50 PM
i have these things for sale cleap also

-hoosier r6 autox slicks 225/50/14...120
-ultra shield seat(for all you auto x'ers) with blue cover. not for fat people!...120

or both for $200

the seat is tempeting..

how fat is fat?

aka
would i fit?

taggart_lumpy
04-10-2007, 11:51 PM
i still fit just fine....
lets say <200

dantana
04-11-2007, 10:30 AM
oh my car won't be done and safe for track use for at least a few months. I want to go with the 4 wheel disks, get the roll bar in there right, and make a proper harness bar for it. I hate cutting corners, so it's gonna take a while :P

most common excuse above

you dont need any of that shit when you dont know how to drive. step one is LEARN TO DRIVE, jsut come on out. THEN you setup a car. 4wheel disc, greatest myth in honda driving, haha.
and dont worry about rollover protection, as a beginner youll be going way to slow to flip it.
not hating, just stating facts.
come on out and join us ASAP!
dan

BlueTeg
04-11-2007, 12:10 PM
most common excuse above

you dont need any of that shit when you dont know how to drive. step one is LEARN TO DRIVE, jsut come on out. THEN you setup a car. 4wheel disc, greatest myth in honda driving, haha.
and dont worry about rollover protection, as a beginner youll be going way to slow to flip it.
not hating, just stating facts.
come on out and join us ASAP!

^ What he said. Do a few events and make sure that you even like it before you dump tons of $$$ and time into your car. Besides....theres plenty of time between events to mod the car. ;)

*inFamous*
04-11-2007, 12:39 PM
Lane just go out with whatever you got, trust me its better to learn with a StoCK car then step it up when your skills have caught up

Dan is the MAN!

imm0rtal
04-11-2007, 05:34 PM
Lane just go out with whatever you got, trust me its better to learn with a StoCK car then step it up when your skills have caught up

Dan is the MAN!
Well here's the reasoning behind what I stated above:

4 wheel disks: easier to just upgrade them now since I need new rear brakes as it is. Spend a little more now to save more down the road I guess you can say.

roll bar: it needs to either be attached properly or removed. It's a blt-in and it being held in by half the amount of fasteners that it should be.

harness bar: I have the harnesses sitting in my living room. The stock belts are frayed, so they are unsafe. I'd rather not risk it, you know?

But it would help if the car had a motor in it first :blunt:

ILIKETODRIVE
04-12-2007, 08:50 PM
I'll be out there in June at my first event. I'll be the noobie asking all sorts of questions and hanging off of CJ.

:hi:

dantana
04-13-2007, 09:23 AM
I'll be out there in June at my first event. I'll be the noobie asking all sorts of questions and hanging off of CJ.

Cj's little brother?

edit*** he would have to actually make an event for you to hang offa him, haha LOLZ

topramn
04-13-2007, 09:36 AM

see you there buddy!!! :clap:

ILIKETODRIVE
04-13-2007, 05:41 PM
Cj's little brother?

No, just his bud and a road course n00b.

edit*** he would have to actually make an event for you to hang offa him, haha LOLZ

:lmao: :clap:

1 point 6
04-18-2007, 08:49 AM
Well here's the reasoning behind what I stated above:

4 wheel disks: easier to just upgrade them now since I need new rear brakes as it is. Spend a little more now to save more down the road I guess you can say.

roll bar: it needs to either be attached properly or removed. It's a blt-in and it being held in by half the amount of fasteners that it should be.

harness bar: I have the harnesses sitting in my living room. The stock belts are frayed, so they are unsafe. I'd rather not risk it, you know?

But it would help if the car had a motor in it first :blunt:

you dont need a car to attend an event, i take out the xB and just go on ride-a-longs. learn how things work, get to know people and look at other peoples setup.

hell i dont ever plan to have a honda out on the track but i still go cause its a damn good time. if you plan on putting your car on the track, definitley go BEFORE you start work on you car. youd be amazed how simple most of the cars are. hell CJ was out there beating on his 100% stock 94 EX and it was fun as hell.

ILIKETODRIVE
04-20-2007, 07:14 PM
hell CJ was out there beating on his 100% stock 94 EX and it was fun as hell.

I've heard GREAT stories about that beast.

imm0rtal
04-20-2007, 11:32 PM
you dont need a car to attend an event, i take out the xB and just go on ride-a-longs. learn how things work, get to know people and look at other peoples setup.

hell i dont ever plan to have a honda out on the track but i still go cause its a damn good time. if you plan on putting your car on the track, definitley go BEFORE you start work on you car. youd be amazed how simple most of the cars are. hell CJ was out there beating on his 100% stock 94 EX and it was fun as hell.
I'm planning on attending some events here pretty soon over the summer. School is owning me right now :(