PDA

View Full Version : Carbon Fiber Hood Help?

angeltypeR
04-02-2007, 04:31 PM
Hi Everyone, I am new to this forum :hi: I need to buy a new carbon fiber hood cause some idiot jumped on mine, can you believe it? Anyway want to replace it have about $850 to work with from insurance. I am currently looking at IP2. If anyone knows where to get one in Phoenix area or has a better brand please post. The one I want is on ebay but don't know whether to trust it or not. I currently have a VIS for my 93 coupe. Thanks for your help. Nice to talk at ya. Yes I'm a hondaHo AngeltypeR:

Manga_Spawn
04-02-2007, 06:38 PM
Elementmotor on here has Hoods and can order them for you. Seibon makes better hoods or so I have heard.

Honduhluv
04-02-2007, 10:11 PM
Tsp??????

angeltypeR
04-04-2007, 06:33 PM
Thank you now I have some leads, I appreciate it. Angel

chrisnick
04-04-2007, 07:37 PM
if you're looking into more function than form, make sure that it's 100% carbon fiber. alot of the time with cheap carbon fiber hoods, only the skin is made from carbon fiber, and the skeleton is made with fiberglass, result in a weight reduction that's hardly effective. also, a well designed and engineered carbon fiber hood won't need nearly the supportive skeletal structure as a metal hood. a well designed hood(such as fiber images) will only have the perimiter of the hood have a skeletal structure. every fiber images hood i've seen has been awesome quality, and is neary indestructable. they're a bit more expensive, but well worth the money from the weight savings and strength. i'm not completely sure about seibon, but i believe they do not make their hoods this way. carbon fiber's not just lighter than traditional body parts, but it's also stronger and stiffer is designed correctly, that's why it's so extensively used in ultra-high performance and racing applications.

angeltypeR
04-05-2007, 07:55 AM
wow, lots of things to think about now. Thank you so much chrisnick for the education. Angel.

jamn214
04-05-2007, 10:33 PM
i might sell my seibon oem cf hood. brandnew and its in mint shape.

ZonaAltima
04-05-2007, 11:34 PM
SRD has several used Civic hoods for sale for very cheap. Also, they (SRD, teamsrd.com) did a great install job on my old carbon fiber hood; sparco hood pins, windshield sprayer included!

Also, check ebay as sometimes race shops will sell name brand carbon fiber hoods for cheap on sale or to clear out inventory. good luck!

angeltypeR
04-06-2007, 02:17 PM
Thank you once again for all your ideas. Won't use TSP but I'll look into the others. Jamn214 I appreciate the offer of your hood but looking for something other than OEM. ZonaAltima very good imput will check it out. I feel like I'm in the right place for help on this forum. Thank you so much.

4G63PWR
04-06-2007, 03:19 PM
VIS, Seibon, Carbon Creations, etc.,between 2-4 business days I can have in my building! VIS Invader, and Xtreme GT for 92-95 EG is good in stock! Let me know.......

topramn
04-06-2007, 03:20 PM
seibon highly recommended..

4G63PWR
04-06-2007, 03:24 PM
Elementmotor on here has Hoods and can order them for you. Seibon makes better hoods or so I have heard.

Thx

4G63PWR
04-06-2007, 03:26 PM
seibon highly recommended..

x2

jamn214
04-06-2007, 11:29 PM
x2

x3... thats what i got!!

angeltypeR
04-07-2007, 09:33 AM
4G63PWR I heard element is the place to go a friend of mine Felix, said he would go and look and order one for me, he knows what I like and want. You guys are awsome. Maybe catch you at Firebird, dying to see what I can do, scared alittle but my sister ran a 14.9999 for the first time heard the track is wet and can't get enough traction maybe have to get a set of tires/wheels just to play around with. Thought about Pavillions but my car isn't that flashy. Just thought it would be fun. Might as well do something with the car other than spend money on it. he he he. Angel

*inFamous*
04-07-2007, 12:13 PM
I recommend Seibon or J-spec (if you can find one). The j-spec hood has been the best hood i've ever had (100% cf).

4G63PWR
04-08-2007, 03:48 PM
I recommend Seibon or J-spec (if you can find one). The j-spec hood has been the best hood i've ever had (100% cf).

J-SPEC WE USED TO CARRY...ALTHOUGH WE HAD SOME FITMENT ISSUES AND THE SHARP EDGES THAT CUSTOMERS WERE COMPLAINING ABOUT! SEIBON IS WERE YOU GET YOUR MONEYS WORTH:)

4G63PWR
04-08-2007, 03:50 PM
4G63PWR I heard element is the place to go a friend of mine Felix, said he would go and look and order one for me, he knows what I like and want. You guys are awsome. Maybe catch you at Firebird, dying to see what I can do, scared alittle but my sister ran a 14.9999 for the first time heard the track is wet and can't get enough traction maybe have to get a set of tires/wheels just to play around with. Thought about Pavillions but my car isn't that flashy. Just thought it would be fun. Might as well do something with the car other than spend money on it. he he he. Angel

NP-THX

*inFamous*
04-08-2007, 09:47 PM
J-SPEC WE USED TO CARRY...ALTHOUGH WE HAD SOME FITMENT ISSUES AND THE SHARP EDGES THAT CUSTOMERS WERE COMPLAINING ABOUT! SEIBON IS WERE YOU GET YOUR MONEYS WORTH:)

weird, i have a j-spec hood and its x1000 better than my seibon lol. no sharp edges or anything.

wait is yours an US based j-spec hood, as i've never had one of those, mine was literally shipped from japan out of their factory over there. Better fit than OEM lol

4G63PWR
04-09-2007, 09:26 AM
weird, i have a j-spec hood and its x1000 better than my seibon lol. no sharp edges or anything.

wait is yours an US based j-spec hood, as i've never had one of those, mine was literally shipped from japan out of their factory over there. Better fit than OEM lol

yes sir, US Brand.....Cheap quality!!

*inFamous*
04-09-2007, 09:35 AM
Ah yes haha i agree fully their. The two brands are commonly mistaken for eachother lol

Yeah i have a J-spec from japan. Fucker cost over 700 used lol. But such a gorgeous hood and such perfect fitment (not to mention its holding up to my 1500 degree's of heat off that manifold). Had it for several years now and no fade or anything.

But for US made, seibon ftw

angeltypeR
04-11-2007, 11:00 PM
OK, so all this work for nothing. I went to get the hood I wanted and was told due to size of engine I am limited to only oem type, all others will rub against the valve cover. True?

*inFamous*
04-11-2007, 11:02 PM
OK, so all this work for nothing. I went to get the hood I wanted and was told due to size of engine I am limited to only oem type, all others will rub against the valve cover. True?

True. Happens alot. YOu can space it with Washers though and it occasionally will clear enough.

LMK if you want one, i sell the bastards lol

imm0rtal
04-12-2007, 09:48 PM
I have a Carbon Creations hood that has the skeletal structure underneath the carbon fiber. It is still incredibly light and DOT approved for on-road use according to the stamp underneath the hood. The weave is a little bit wavy, but it looks absolutely mint on my car. :thumbup: