PDA

View Full Version : House electrical

Nott_Sure
04-02-2007, 06:18 PM
Anyone do house electrical? i need a electrical socket put into my garage wall. I have the socket and the wires are there but im still unsure on how to install it.
LMK :clap:

imm0rtal
04-02-2007, 06:30 PM
Anyone do house electrical? i need a electrical socket put into my garage wall. I have the socket and the wires are there but im still unsure on how to install it.
LMK :clap:Very carefully! I can't remember whether the black is hot or ground (pretty sure it's hot) but whatever you do, do not let your body make a circuit! Make sure you are always grounded and read twice before you do anything :P

I Hate Import Cars
04-03-2007, 08:23 AM
it's easy. kill the breaker, then pull the wiring from the wall. lokk at the back of the new socket. one side will say WHITE and one will say HOT. Black is hot. strip about 1/2" of wiring, then loop the end of it, put it around the screw for the correct side, then tighten the screw. There's also a bare copper wire. On the new outlet there should be a screw that's green, or that goes into the frame of the outlet. That's where the bare copper wire goes. not too complicated. if you haven't bought the new outlet yet, go to Home Depot and get a "Quickwire" outlet. They cut installation time in about half. Instead of manually looping the end of the wire and putting it in there, tightening the screw, hoping it doesn't pop off, etc, you just strip it, then push it into the WHITE or HOT holes in the back and the socket locks the wire in. BAM! You're done. Hope that helps.

HEADSHOT
04-03-2007, 09:43 AM
it's easy. kill the breaker, then pull the wiring from the wall. lokk at the back of the new socket. one side will say WHITE and one will say HOT. Black is hot. strip about 1/2" of wiring, then loop the end of it, put it around the screw for the correct side, then tighten the screw. There's also a bare copper wire. On the new outlet there should be a screw that's green, or that goes into the frame of the outlet. That's where the bare copper wire goes. not too complicated. if you haven't bought the new outlet yet, go to Home Depot and get a "Quickwire" outlet. They cut installation time in about half. Instead of manually looping the end of the wire and putting it in there, tightening the screw, hoping it doesn't pop off, etc, you just strip it, then push it into the WHITE or HOT holes in the back and the socket locks the wire in. BAM! You're done. Hope that helps.

its either bare copper or green.

Nott_Sure
04-03-2007, 08:57 PM

Im indebted to you, thank you much :thumbup:

I Hate Import Cars
04-04-2007, 01:15 AM
yup. let me know how it goes. pm me if any other questions.

advert
04-05-2007, 08:28 PM
if you where near by id do it for free.