PDA

View Full Version : Baro Sensor Freaking Out!!!!

noVtecHERE
04-03-2007, 03:09 PM
i keep throwing this code in my 99 honda civic, i did an intake manifold swap and then it started throwing it, it has a small leak on the gasket that i am ganna swap when i get some time but actually runs perfect, which is way wierd... but anyways, what is the cause of this code, leak or something else?

YewllowDA
04-04-2007, 08:22 AM
i believe baro sensors are built in to some ECUs
i think that baro sensor sees outside pressure and compare it to the map sensor.
i guess it trigger that or maybe the sensor is faulty.......

one reason that your car still runs well is that o2 sensor makes the fuel rich because there is umetered air (leak) coming in.
the map sensor didnt detect it i guess since its unmetered and the O2 sensor is the one that corrects it.
so does idle higher than normal? does it seem that the car is better to drive now? are there still crosscounts on the O2 sensor?

advert
04-05-2007, 02:56 PM
yea its in your ecu.

just disable it and be done.

with a good tune you dont need it.

mooshin
04-05-2007, 04:18 PM
Did you make sure you used a 99 or a 00 IM from a Y8 motor? The 99-00 had air injection holes in the intake runners and the 96-98 Manifold did not. Before you go dicking with the ECU, you should find the cause of the problem.

noVtecHERE
04-06-2007, 07:29 PM
it did have the air injection hole... well i sold the car, (totally unrelated, i wanted a 5 speed) but what do u do with the air injection hole, run it to the IM or something.?

mooshin
04-07-2007, 10:06 AM
Air injection holes were tiny little air channels that were casted into the IM. They ran along the runners. These IM's were specific to 99-00 Civics and if I remember correctly they were on Auto Tranny cars only. If you used the wrong IM on the car it would throw off the vacumme pressure and also burn a slight bit of coolant. More than likely your idle would be really screwed up. Is that what happened?