PDA

View Full Version : Distributor Rotor

wing0tj
04-05-2007, 11:03 AM
I just pulled the distributor off and am in the process of replacing the rotor I go that phillips screw out but I cant get the rotor off the shaft any sweet ideas or suggestions on what might help would be appreciated

civicsickness
04-05-2007, 10:02 PM
thats crazy it should slide right off like butter off a knife GL tho

onefst91hatch
04-06-2007, 01:56 AM
if your gonna replace it then just break it. if not then your prolly gonna break it and have to replace it! lol. its just stuck. try getting something under it to pry it off but dont pry on any of the sensors!

blacksihatch
04-06-2007, 06:16 PM
if your gonna replace it then just break it. if not then your prolly gonna break it and have to replace it! lol. its just stuck. try getting something under it to pry it off but dont pry on any of the sensors!

X2..you can do it!!!!!!!

azteamextreme
04-06-2007, 06:45 PM
x3

*inFamous*
04-06-2007, 07:05 PM
If its rusted on there, try shooting it with a de-rusting agent (an oil) let it sit for a while and gently apply leverage. I had one that took me about 1 hour to get off but didn't damage any other components. Just be careful of the surrounding sensors and the shaft itself.

Oh be sure to clean the dizzy with electronics cleaner after spraying anything on the inside.

Please disconnect the dizzy as well to prevent shorts.

wing0tj
04-06-2007, 10:41 PM
Ya I had it out of the car, I just used some pb blaster type stuff and let it sit for a few hours then it slid right off, thnanks guys.