PDA

View Full Version : Denso Iridium

Lazieb29
04-06-2007, 06:38 PM
Anyone Use Them?

*inFamous*
04-06-2007, 06:40 PM
NGK iridiums personally, (not the honda)
for a Integra though, platinums are all you need...

Great plugs but overkill unless your using 97+ octane haha

Lazieb29
04-06-2007, 07:08 PM
well from what i read on the box it gives you better fuel economy and also reaches 60 mph 0.7 seconds faster lol no but it really is a good plug just wondering if anyone has ever ran it in their car.

*inFamous*
04-06-2007, 07:10 PM
yeah, and the 'claims' are a bunch of crap lol.

To achieve those results you'd have to set the car up to run with a hotter spark etc blah blah blah.

If you do want a set though hit me up, i get them for a pretty good price (like 7-8 per plug instead of the retail 15)

I Hate Import Cars
04-06-2007, 07:14 PM
never used it. Personal opinion-buy the $0.99 plugs and run them. I have gone with the triple platinum iridium atomically charged NASA spaceship approved (maybe that's not a good thing actually, considering NASA's recent track record!), and I've ran the 99 cent ones, and my fuel mileage didn't change a bit, neither did performance, and that was dyno backed. The only advantage I can see is that a platinum or iridium tip will wear slower than plain steel. So if you're looking to keep these plugs in it for as long as you both shall live, then I guess it might be a logical idea. I don't know. I just can't justify spending $50 or more to put plugs in my motor, ESPECIALLY for a 4 cylinder! But that's just my .02 cents.

YewllowDA
04-06-2007, 07:35 PM
i think my plugs started to react to the aluminum threads of the head.
and now i think i stripped it because it is so freaking hard to turn

Lazieb29
04-06-2007, 07:45 PM
the first plug i ran was the copper v power ngk.. felt no difference than the worn out autolites it had in it.. but then i was told it is important to run a platinum plug in a vtec motor so i switched to g power ngk and thats what i just took out to replace with denso iridium.. i felt a lil difference or maybe i was just tricking myself haha.. i'll just wait and see if it gives me 89 mpg. lol

*inFamous*
04-09-2007, 03:46 PM
hehe IMO, V power NGK's are best bang for the buck.

If you have a VTEC head, Platinums are recommended as the disperse buildup differently than the V-powers (has to do with deposits left by different octanes and different temperatures).

NGK ftw

Lazieb29
04-09-2007, 04:18 PM
yeah man acctually the ngk g-power platinum are the best bang for buck there only 2.99 and have a tiny platinum electrode. should have stayed with those instead of the iridiums. oh well.

Manga_Spawn
04-09-2007, 06:10 PM
I have the bocch (SP?) platnum +4 plugs and they are good. Alittle pricey but good plugs. I liked I didn't have to gap them or anything.

*inFamous*
04-09-2007, 06:12 PM
1.29 / plug for the V-powers :) but either way a good deal

Lazieb29
04-09-2007, 08:09 PM
dude bosch 2, 4's and fusion suck. we have so many returns from people that buy those.

I Hate Import Cars
04-09-2007, 08:26 PM
true. Not to mention that tey jsut don't make any sense. Why have 4 fuckin electrodes when the spark's only going to jump the the one with the least resistance? God Almighty, the shit people fall for these days...