PDA

View Full Version : h23 swappage

nuocmam
04-08-2007, 10:27 AM
Bought fugh22 cb7 and I don't kno what the hell to do with it so I am thinking about swapping a h23 into it...how much harder is it to swap that motor into a cb then a h22?
Is there any fab'n that I have to do to anything or is it just a complete drop in?

The reason why I am asking is the cd5 that I had before had some rigged motor mounts and I really don't want to do the same but if I have no choice I guess I really have to

DJ Hookid
04-08-2007, 02:48 PM
Same amount of work as swapping an h22. I'd rather go with an H22, VTEC FTW!

ray ray
04-08-2007, 10:37 PM
its gonna be a pretty much drop in deal but you might have to use some of the f22 mounts and some of the h23 mounts but im pretty sure it will drop in.and the wiring should be the same since that car had the f22a6 in it if they wired up the secondarys you should be able to plug and play basically.i think you should just sell it to me so i can fix it though you already have a nice cb7.lol.i'll trade you the geo.lol.

nuocmam
04-08-2007, 10:52 PM
its gonna be a pretty much drop in deal but you might have to use some of the f22 mounts and some of the h23 mounts but im pretty sure it will drop in.and the wiring should be the same since that car had the f22a6 in it if they wired up the secondarys you should be able to plug and play basically.i think you should just sell it to me so i can fix it though you already have a nice cb7.lol.i'll trade you the geo.lol.

lol

owequitit
04-09-2007, 02:35 PM
H23 is the same as the F22 and H22, so it will be the same process.

Like Ray said, everything should just swap right over, as the H23 actually has more interchangable with the F22, than the H22 does.

The IM's are interchangeable as are the exhause manifolds, and there is no additional wiring to add if it was an F22A6.

My only question is what tranny are you going to use, and is the CB7 auto or manual?

nuocmam
04-10-2007, 12:39 AM
it's a manual...dunno yet...but if I you the accord tranny I would have to use the accord starter right and viseversa for the prelude tranny?

bang eg6
04-10-2007, 08:38 AM
h23 is slower than a h22 bye 10hp ill keep the h22

ray ray
04-10-2007, 10:13 AM
you should be able to use either starter dom it just has to be for the manual tranny or auto depending on which tranny you use.

and as for the h22 being faster i guess thats a difference of opinion,since my completely stock h23 prelude auto wasted my 90 accord coupe with a h22 5 speed lsd with crane stage 2 cams. i'll take the h23 anyday over the h22 id never swap another h22 into a accord id keep the f22a6 or do the h23.

nuocmam
04-10-2007, 12:08 PM

I don't think it's ten hp I think it's more like 40hp if I am not mistaken...h23a1 160hp and h22a 200hp...i am not really looking for speed...the h23 has more torque anyways trust me I know I used to own one

nuocmam
04-10-2007, 12:09 PM
you should be able to use either starter dom it just has to be for the manual tranny or auto depending on which tranny you use.

and as for the h22 being faster i guess thats a difference of opinion,since my completely stock h23 prelude auto wasted my 90 accord coupe with a h22 5 speed lsd with crane stage 2 cams. i'll take the h23 anyday over the h22 id never swap another h22 into a accord id keep the f22a6 or do the h23.

the a6 that is in the cb now is blown

owequitit
04-10-2007, 12:20 PM
it's a manual...dunno yet...but if I you the accord tranny I would have to use the accord starter right and viseversa for the prelude tranny?

If it is a manual, all you have to do is use Accord mounts for a manual tranny.

An F series tranny will bolt right to the engine, and right into the car.

An H series tranny will work too, but you will have to drill and tap the other set of bosses, and move the engine mount studs around. It isn't hard to do.

There is a DIY on CB7tuner about it.

Also, all manual tranny starters are interchangeable between the F and the H. I currently have an Accord starter on a Prelude tranny in my car.

It is fairly straight foward, I was just asking about the mounts because if it is an auto tranny Accord, the mounts required gets a little more interesting, but you won't have to worry about that.

As far as which engine to get, you are more likely to find a good condition H23 for cheaper, than you are an H22. Plus the additional torque everywhere but VTEC is nice, because you don't have to wring it as hard for speed.

:p

LOL! But you already know that.

owequitit
04-10-2007, 12:24 PM

Stock for stock, a 4th gen Prelude Si and a 4th Gen Prelude VTEC are within a few 10ths in the 1/4 mile.

That makes it very much a driver's race. Plus, if you do not have the correct gearing to exploit the H22's powerband, then you are probably almost guaranteed to not be faster.

It takes a lot more than an HP number to make a car fast.

nuocmam
04-10-2007, 04:08 PM
Stock for stock, a 4th gen Prelude Si and a 4th Gen Prelude VTEC are within a few 10ths in the 1/4 mile.

That makes it very much a driver's race. Plus, if you do not have the correct gearing to exploit the H22's powerband, then you are probably almost guaranteed to not be faster.

It takes a lot more than an HP number to make a car fast.

tru that...jw why ray's prelude was faster than his 91 cb with the phantom grip and the semi build?

DJ Hookid
04-10-2007, 05:46 PM
JDM H22A is at 220hp, H23a is at 160hp, H22A1 is at 190hp, and the H22a4 is at 200hp. h23a has the most torque, only about 6 ft/lb's though

Agent Smith
04-10-2007, 05:51 PM
tru that...jw why ray's prelude was faster than his 91 cb with the phantom grip and the semi build?

because his wife knows how to drive the prelude betteR! lol. :tongue:

jk... but another thing that I don't know about is were either engines ever compression tested / leakdown tested?

ray ray
04-10-2007, 06:27 PM
actually we did check everything on the h22 in the cb7,the prelude was just my new beater but it was way faster.my friend was behind me in his swapped ef hatch and she blew him away by about 6 or 7 cars and beat me by about 2or 3.ive heard all the excuses for the mighty h22.lol.like you cant drive.lol,ask anyone whos ever rode with me if i can drive.ive drove stock cars in wisconsin and a 9 second 67 firebird in washington that would wheel stand on the take offs.ive been around a lil while.lol.and then there was the excuse well it must not have been running right.well im a mechanic by trade and my h22's have been the 2 strongest we have ever seen so far.anyways for a good daily driver i would choose the h23 ecspecially after my wife beat me in my old prelude.

dollar for dollar the h23 is the best deal.

Agent Smith
04-10-2007, 06:39 PM
actually we did check everything on the h22 in the cb7,the prelude was just my new beater but it was way faster.my friend was behind me in his swapped ef hatch and she blew him away by about 6 or 7 cars and beat me by about 2or 3.ive heard all the excuses for the mighty h22.lol.like you cant drive.lol,ask anyone whos ever rode with me if i can drive.ive drove stock cars in wisconsin and a 9 second 67 firebird in washington that would wheel stand on the take offs.ive been around a lil while.lol.and then there was the excuse well it must not have been running right.well im a mechanic by trade and my h22's have been the 2 strongest we have ever seen so far.anyways for a good daily driver i would choose the h23 ecspecially after my wife beat me in my old prelude.

dollar for dollar the h23 is the best deal.
again, not to bash or doubt you in anyway because it is possible & I knowyou can drive, but were either engine compression tested or leakdown tested? I'm curious as the the results if they were...

ray ray
04-10-2007, 06:48 PM
yeah we checked the accord and it was good all the way across the board i cant remember the exact numbers but i believe it was around 210.the motor was in really good shape.well loki is god has it now and seems to love it.i just dont think the h22 is everything everyone thinks it is.

but oh well if i dont find another accord soon then im going back to muscle cars ive found one i want right now.just gotta get some cash.

of course any ricer will tell you how any redneck can make a 350 fast.lol.yet theyve never built one or tried to make them fast.lol.some people in the import scene make me laugh.thank god theres a few good guys out there that are real enthusiast.you guys have a hard battle to fight.i commend you for it.but theres way too many people who dont think there a ricer yet they do everything a ricer would when driving they just dont have the wing and bodykits.

sorry guys i just have to vent a lil.lol.

Agent Smith
04-10-2007, 07:26 PM
yeah we checked the accord and it was good all the way across the board i cant remember the exact numbers but i believe it was around 210.the motor was in really good shape.well loki is god has it now and seems to love it.i just dont think the h22 is everything everyone thinks it is.

but oh well if i dont find another accord soon then im going back to muscle cars ive found one i want right now.just gotta get some cash.

of course any ricer will tell you how any redneck can make a 350 fast.lol.yet theyve never built one or tried to make them fast.lol.some people in the import scene make me laugh.thank god theres a few good guys out there that are real enthusiast.you guys have a hard battle to fight.i commend you for it.but theres way too many people who dont think there a ricer yet they do everything a ricer would when driving they just dont have the wing and bodykits.

comp results on the lude?

and v8's ftmfw! nothing like real tq! I vote get the fuck out of the import scene & get an ls1! lol.

ray ray
04-10-2007, 07:30 PM
im not sure what they were on the prelude as we never did anything too it.lol. but it did run good and only had about 115000 on it.

yeah i dont want anything new i want a 60's muscle car,i dont like the new computer stuff and its still garbage i like old iron.lol.its gotta be 72 or older for me.

owequitit
04-10-2007, 08:39 PM

Who is that aimed at?

ray ray
04-10-2007, 11:26 PM
well most of the people up here.lol.not just one person in particular.
but the other day in havasu i would say was pretty ricerish.sorry but its the truth.

owequitit
04-10-2007, 11:39 PM
well most of the people up here.lol.not just one person in particular.
but the other day in havasu i would say was pretty ricerish.sorry but its the truth.

Possibly, but the real issue was removing an asshole from being in control of my fate.

He sped up to block me from passing him at the speed limit, so I went around when I had the chance.

He then sped up because I went around, so I went around again and put distance between us and kept it there.

I am not going to allow someone to block me behind a trailer because he wants to be an ass, especially in heavy traffic where that leaves me no options for places to go, and he had no reason to do what he did other than to try and impose himself upon others.

Disagree if you want. The only thing between me, a huge pack of cars, and a wide open road, was one asshole in a truck who wanted to make everyone wait on him.

But that is OK. You are partly right.

And I would have done the same thing in a NON-import car.

It is similar to that time down if Phoenix on I-17 with the Dodge pickup wouldn't you say?

But I digress.

ray ray
04-10-2007, 11:45 PM
yeah i agree but i thought you just went a lil overboard thats all.lol.

oh well like ive said im just too old for the import scene i think.i use to love to race now i just wanna cruise.lol.

owequitit
04-10-2007, 11:52 PM
yeah i agree but i thought you just went a lil overboard thats all.lol.

oh well like ive said im just too old for the import scene i think.i use to love to race now i just wanna cruise.lol.

I did get a little agitated.

And yes, if you are going to cruise, may as well have a good looking bod and a flowmaster sound.

A REAL Flowmaster sound, none of this 60 series stuff.

Plus with all the cameras up here, you can cover the intersection in tire smoke, and then they can't take your picture.

LOL!

ray ray
04-11-2007, 12:02 AM
or tow there damn vans off into the weeds.lol.i almost got caught by one tonight.lol.

oh well back to jdmishcb's thread.lol. just sell it to me so i can cruise it.lol.if not then do the h23.

owequitit
04-11-2007, 12:09 AM
or tow there damn vans off into the weeds.lol.i almost got caught by one tonight.lol.

oh well back to jdmishcb's thread.lol. just sell it to me so i can cruise it.lol.if not then do the h23.

LOL!

Unless you find a good deal on something better, I would say H23 also.

Or if you want to be JDM with it, the F22B which is basically the JDM version of the H23, is easy to swap and they are fairly cheap too. Usually about $700 shipped, with less than 30K on them.

nuocmam
04-11-2007, 11:40 AM
LOL!

Unless you find a good deal on something better, I would say H23 also.

Or if you want to be JDM with it, the F22B which is basically the JDM version of the H23, is easy to swap and they are fairly cheap too. Usually about $700 shipped, with less than 30K on them.

I was looking in to those to but I have limited funds I am picking up donger's h23 this sun so lets hope it all works out gravy

owequitit
04-11-2007, 12:23 PM
I was looking in to those to but I have limited funds I am picking up donger's h23 this sun so lets hope it all works out gravy

I am sure you will be fine.

Basically the same output with more torque.

nuocmam
04-11-2007, 08:45 PM
cool thx for the accord's and prelude's peeps input