PDA

View Full Version : you tell me, right or wrong

tegmister
04-08-2007, 12:19 PM
so last night i was driving down ina, im going about 40 in a 45, and notice a cop behind me.. so i speed up to 45 and am just cruising.. he follows me for about a mile and than me hit a stop light. i stop at the light and wait. it turns green and right as it turns green i start to go, before even get to 10 mph , the fucker turns his lights on and pulls me over. he comes up to my car and asks to see my drivers license etc. so i give him it. we wait for about 5 minutes, than he comes back and asks me to step out of the vehicle, i get out, he asks if me or any of my passengers (2) been drinking . i was like , no officer. and he says ok. "well do you have any drugs or weapons in the car?" and im like no officer. than he proceeds and tells me this, so where did you get your tags from, and im like, um, the dmv, where everyone else gets them. than he is like alright well the may on your plates doesnt match up with the march in my computer.

point being is that his "computer" says my registration ended in march, but my tags say may.. the officer makes ME scratch my MAY off my license plate and says he will not give me a ticket if he can search the vehicle. so im like, well fuck, i dont want a ticket, so go right ahead (considering i have nothing to hide) .

anyways, my question is , does he have a right to make me scratch off my tags? is this legitiment or was he wrong doing this.. now i have to go get tags... fuck.

another question, whose fault is it , the dmv or mine , since the dmv gave me may tags, but my registration said march... I was not trying to wait and not get tags by march, i just thought that my registration was up by may , since thats what my plate said.

any help/input would be appreciated...

btw, i was not cruising down speedway or anything, i was going to an easter party :tits: :tits:

jägermeister
04-08-2007, 12:36 PM
wtf, that sounds shady as hell. i would check with the dmv to see what month your registration ends.

rushbuster70
04-08-2007, 12:38 PM
hmm check out your tags on servicearizona.com and see what that says...

Papesh_Foo
04-08-2007, 12:55 PM
wow...thasts fucked up!

Stealthy
04-08-2007, 01:01 PM
Here's a pretty simple fix, go to the DMV, tell them your STICKERS were stolen, and you can get replacements (if your dates are right, and your not due for new tags).

GL homie

Rufus
04-08-2007, 01:06 PM
Wow I had a VERY similar situation where a cop pulled me over, said my registration was expired, took my plate and told me not to drive the bike anywhere. I went to the DMV and they told me it was BS but I had to pay THEM to get a new plate. I fucking hate shit like that.

RhdRicheeee
04-08-2007, 01:43 PM
hmm check out your tags on servicearizona.com and see what that says...

x2

tegmister
04-08-2007, 02:30 PM
im checking them out as we speak, but i couldnt believe that shit
he made me scratch them off with a fucking screw driver, like wtf.

tegmister
04-08-2007, 02:34 PM
i went to servicearizona.com and i didnt know how to check if they were really expired?

RhdRicheeee
04-08-2007, 02:37 PM
does your paper registration have any dates on it?

tegmister
04-08-2007, 02:40 PM
ya , it says march. and i never noticed that, but my fucking tags say may?? i never noticed or new why... after i noticed?? im guessing im wrong but either way, scratching my dam tags off doesnt make anything better.

honduh_head
04-08-2007, 03:03 PM
in this case i would have taken the ticket...you could have used it as proof that someone sent you the wrong tags and be able to fight it in court...i'm pretty sure the ticket would be written off and you would just have been asked to renew your registration...sucks to be in that kind of situation though, to where you're like wtf???

EK|B
04-08-2007, 03:05 PM
If your real registration date was in March, you would of gotten the bill for it a while back. Did you get the bill ealier or haven't got it yet?

tegmister
04-08-2007, 03:06 PM
haha, well see. there are some plus sides to not getting the ticket, i would have had to renew my registration anyways. and not go to court, where as if i got a ticket, i would have had to do it anyways and waste my time at court, but the only thing is is now i have to actually go to the dmv instead of ordering them online, wtf is exactly what i was saying.

tegmister
04-08-2007, 03:07 PM
i got the bill barely last week, and whose fault is it for giving me the wrong tags ? or fucking it up in the computer? i guess ill find out when i go to the dmv . fawkkkkkk hour waits ftl

honduh_head
04-08-2007, 03:12 PM
i got the bill barely last week, and whose fault is it for giving me the wrong tags ? or fucking it up in the computer? i guess ill find out when i go to the dmv . fawkkkkkk hour waits ftl

yeah that shit sucks man

DJ Hookid
04-08-2007, 03:15 PM
Its the DMV's fault for putting the wrong information in the system, the officer had the right to make you scratch your stickers off. Technically your tags were illegal. Bitch out the DMV and call it even.

mooshin
04-08-2007, 03:21 PM
Your lucky you did not get a ticket. The sticker on the plate is useless anyhow. That's just an indicator to officers if they should run the plate. He probably made you scratch it off so another officer wouldn't be running it with the same results. Now if your seen without the sticker your surely going to get your plate ran and likely get a ticket. You better go to servicearizona.com and update your tags asap.

tegmister
04-08-2007, 03:35 PM
Its the DMV's fault for putting the wrong information in the system, the officer had the right to make you scratch your stickers off. Technically your tags were illegal. Bitch out the DMV and call it even.

hhaha , i guess im going to have to bitch out someone . but :whatever:

tegmister
04-08-2007, 03:36 PM
Your lucky you did not get a ticket. The sticker on the plate is useless anyhow. That's just an indicator to officers if they should run the plate. He probably made you scratch it off so another officer wouldn't be running it with the same results. Now if your seen without the sticker your surely going to get your plate ran and likely get a ticket. You better go to servicearizona.com and update your tags asap.

i know, thats what i thought, thats why i let him search my car, i mean, why not ? i had nothing to hide. and ya, im going to the dmv to get this shit settled.

tegmister
04-08-2007, 04:01 PM
ttmft

samster
04-08-2007, 04:38 PM
if you did not consent to the vehicle search and took the ticket, wouldn't the cop search anyways because he has probable cause that you're hiding something? that sounds shady as hell

Neebs
04-08-2007, 07:40 PM
If your real registration date was in March, you would of gotten the bill for it a while back. Did you get the bill ealier or haven't got it yet?

Sometimes they don't send you it. Never got mine.

Aren't they (DMV) suppose to give you the same month every year you renewal your registration? My car got registered in November and I had the same November tag for two years and now they gave me a December month tag.

I think you got the same incident as me.

tegmister
04-08-2007, 10:23 PM
shit, i have no clue, shit should get solved in the morning, ill let you guys know what the outcome is.

Paper Boy
04-09-2007, 07:51 AM
FUck Cops. Hope you get it all sorted out man.

auex
04-09-2007, 09:32 AM
They could have ticketed you and taken the plate.

onefst91hatch
04-09-2007, 09:40 AM
Sometimes they don't send you it. Never got mine.

Aren't they (DMV) suppose to give you the same month every year you renewal your registration? My car got registered in November and I had the same November tag for two years and now they gave me a December month tag.

I think you got the same incident as me.

the month on your plate should be the same as the month it passed emissions. you can get tags for two years from the date of last emission test. so you should check and see when the vehicle went through emissions last. maybe they were supposed to expire in may but they entered it in the computers wrong and gave you the right sticker!! happend to me!

ZonaAltima
04-09-2007, 11:15 AM
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Watch this video. It could be one of the most important half hours you ever spent.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqMjMPlXzdA

It will answer questions you may have, as well as educate yourself on how you can protect yourself and handle a police situation.

Don't be dumb, don't do anything stupid or illegal, but at least be empowered by knowing your rights.

tegmister
04-09-2007, 11:26 AM
FUck Cops. Hope you get it all sorted out man.

thanks ernie, im going to go right now. see what happens.

tegmister
04-09-2007, 11:44 AM
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Watch this video. It could be one of the most important half hours you ever spent.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqMjMPlXzdA

It will answer questions you may have, as well as educate yourself on how you can protect yourself and handle a police situation.

Don't be dumb, don't do anything stupid or illegal, but at least be empowered by knowing your rights.

dam, im lame and am watching that video, its a good video though.

Smoot
04-09-2007, 12:21 PM
their tryin to get you ridin dirty son!