PDA

View Full Version : I am in DESPERATE need of HELP!

xdriver
04-09-2007, 08:52 AM
Ok here goes the story, I have an Eg Hatchback with a 97 ls motor ( its converted to OBD1) but its broke. :( I replaced the spark plugs and the distributor and the god damn timing belt, but now she just doesn't want to rev over 5000 rpm. I mean the pedal is to the floor and I'm gunnig it then it starts to rev down and eventually my car acts like its in Nuetral, but my foot is still to the floor (pedal to the floor AKA). I have no IDEA what is wrong with her and I am in dying need of some help. Any advice would be well appreciated! :)
I have some people telling me its the wiring under my dash but how do I know for sure what it is? Oh and BTW my baby is not throwing any engine codes at all.......

email me back at Mr2lova@yahoo.com
thanks all!

onefst91hatch
04-09-2007, 09:56 AM
it def sounds like an electrical problem. make sure that there is nothing that could arc on your battery or on the starter where the positive cable hooks up!

Lazieb29
04-09-2007, 11:59 AM
did this only happen after you replaced all those parts??

babyrex22
04-09-2007, 09:51 PM
check the throttle cable
u might of just forgot to adjust it
happend to me once
and then check ur fuel rail might be leakin fuel
also happend to me

tegmister
04-09-2007, 10:25 PM
x2, is it the correct computer to the engine? and check the throttle cable.

Lazieb29
04-09-2007, 11:22 PM
vehicle speed sensor???

jdmesk
04-22-2007, 10:16 PM
distributor wiring. sounds as if the wiring is not right there. happened to me. same swap too. wires were going to different locations...

Revhard2003
04-22-2007, 10:29 PM
How does she idle? Also I would still double check with a good scanner to make sure you are not throwing any codes I have seen some codes thrown which do not turn on the check engine light. Recheck all the wiring which I am sure you have but also double check the engine timing. Who changed your timing belt? And laslty how does she feel when you stomp on the gas - is it sluggush? I would not recommend you drive your car until you find out what is actually wrong with it if possible.