PDA

View Full Version : I need to learn how to do backflips.

Rufus
04-12-2007, 10:43 AM
So all of my life I've been able to do front flips without issue and I really want to learn to be comfortable doing backflips. I understand why backflips should seem easier as you can see the landing but for some reason I just feel better going forwards.

The reason for this is that BMX lake jumping is coming up here in a bit and I really want to be able to pull a backflip.

Here I am with a stupid front flip off the bike, but I need to pull a backflip ON the bike. I need someone with a trampoline to help me get comfortable with this shit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ki355_JEVng

Chinky
04-12-2007, 10:45 AM
So all of my life I've been able to do front flips without issue and I really want to learn to be comfortable doing backflips. I understand why backflips should seem easier as you can see the landing but for some reason I just feel better going forwards.

The reason for this is that BMX lake jumping is coming up here in a bit and I really want to be able to pull a backflip.

Here I am with a stupid front flip off the bike, but I need to pull a backflip ON the bike. I need someone with a trampoline to help me get comfortable with this shit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ki355_JEVng

lake jump... back flip... bike...

u watch rad way too much...

eh but then again who doesn't :thumbup:

GL

Chiodos
04-12-2007, 10:46 AM
ive tried on a tramp and on a bike dirt jump both ended up badly for me... i just cant get it!

Rufus
04-12-2007, 10:49 AM
On a front flip I can't stay on the bike either. I think if it were dirt under me I'd try harder but maybe in water I just have a natural reaction to jump off.

Chiodos
04-12-2007, 10:53 AM
dude is there any places with foam pits? i would be down to try/practice in one of them!

Rufus
04-12-2007, 10:54 AM
I saw the guy on Road Rules pull on on his first try at Woodward into a foam pit. WTF?

sssmokin05si
04-12-2007, 11:01 AM
dude is there any places with foam pits? i would be down to try/practice in one of them!

Funny as it seems, back in the day my friend lived in Chandler and there was in indoor park there with one...dont know if it still is. Anyways, he was practicing backflips and broke his leg. Haha!

eviilboy
04-12-2007, 11:04 AM
... well.

My only advice to you... from someone who has done backflips on a bike.

When you hit the lip of the ramp... don't pull back immediately.

Wait until your front tire has come off the lip.. and your back tire is getting ready to come off the lip.. then with all you can lean back and pull the front with you.

Rufus
04-12-2007, 11:06 AM
... well.

My only advice to you... from someone who has done backflips on a bike.

When you hit the lip of the ramp... don't pull back immediately.

Wait until your front tire has come off the lip.. and your back tire is getting ready to come off the lip.. then with all you can lean back and pull the front with you.

I totally understand the concept, I just need to learn to to them in general. Maybe I should do it in a pool first...

eviilboy
04-12-2007, 11:08 AM
I totally understand the concept, I just need to learn to to them in general. Maybe I should do it in a pool first...

Definately find somewhere you can let go of the bike.

I learned on the trails... and let me tell you bottoming out.. and coming off the pedals mid flight... and not finding them on the landing... NOT FUN. Once you have a solid concept of holding onto the bike and snugging it up against you so you don't lose the pedals.. then go for it on land. ;)

Rufus
04-12-2007, 11:11 AM
Holding onto the bike is the hardest part. Not sure if it's all in my head. Look at my front flips, I just jump off the bike.

Smoot
04-12-2007, 11:13 AM
Do it off a swing!

DJ NeX
04-12-2007, 11:16 AM
You ditch that bike like a chick with herpes.

Rufus
04-12-2007, 11:21 AM
Do it off a swing!

I can do that.

BTW I had a dream last night that someone was hacking my PC and going through all of my files and at the top of the screen it said "SMOOT". Then you called and said "ya I'm getting all of yur filez", so I went to the back and unplugged it. You're not getting my ish anymore are ya? HA

eviilboy
04-12-2007, 11:24 AM
Holding onto the bike is the hardest part. Not sure if it's all in my head. Look at my front flips, I just jump off the bike.

Yeah..

You need to get over that shit. ;)

Though holding onto the bike sometimes can cause the most pain hehe.. :)

Neebs
04-12-2007, 11:42 AM
Find a big trampoline.

Rufus
04-12-2007, 11:42 AM
Find a big trampoline.

Ya who has one?

taggart_lumpy
04-12-2007, 12:29 PM
fuck that

tegmister
04-12-2007, 12:37 PM
I can do that.

BTW I had a dream last night that someone was hacking my PC and going through all of my files and at the top of the screen it said "SMOOT". Then you called and said "ya I'm getting all of yur filez", so I went to the back and unplugged it. You're not getting my ish anymore are ya? HA

haha this made me laugh, its like the most random fucking dream ever, its something that you (rufus) would say bc yuR teh Haxorzzzzz

Rufus
04-12-2007, 12:40 PM
Ya All I saw was curly hair

Smoot
04-12-2007, 12:43 PM
I can do that.

lmao! for one I wouldnt even know how to hack into someones shit.

What else are you dreaming about me :hi:

ikid ikid

Smoot
04-12-2007, 12:43 PM
Doing back flips off of swings is my new favorite hobbie at work.

Rufus
04-12-2007, 12:44 PM
lmao! for one I wouldnt even know how to hack into someones shit.

What else are you dreaming about me :hi:

ikid ikid

Ya what were you trying to get from me d00d? Thats a slick program you built. Then you called me up all nonchalant like "hey man, just getting ur goodz". Bastard

sssmokin05si
04-12-2007, 01:41 PM
Ah I have memories coming back of VANS skatepark like 5-6 years ago?? I think it was Tues/Thurs that they had the bike sesh's...so much fun. But I remember this guy that was pulling some sickkkkk backflips back in the day.

Anyways....good luck man, but be careful. And im w/ evil boy on waiting to lift the front till you're off the ramp. You do it too early, you are coming right back down on the ramp, and that can be very bad. I know that you know better, but the anticipation can shake you up a little.

Rufus
04-12-2007, 03:42 PM
It will be off a ramp into water anyway. Lifting too early would only compromise my height.

eviilboy
04-12-2007, 03:56 PM
It will be off a ramp into water anyway. Lifting too early would only compromise my height.

nah lifting too early and pulling back.. will lead into you rotating into the ramp lip. :)

barroom hero
04-12-2007, 04:01 PM
you just gotta take away those mattreses there only gonna make you crash. no guts no glory

EvolEvo
04-12-2007, 04:06 PM
fuck it. Go really really fast.....

by the way I have no idea what Im talking about....but you knew that

Rufus
04-12-2007, 04:08 PM
I'd def make sure I was clearing the ramp. Besides it's steep as shit.

imm0rtal
04-12-2007, 06:03 PM
Well when you go off the ramp when you go lake jumping, just lean back a whole lot when you leave...voila! backflip.

Seriously though, trampolines and foam pits are the shit for stuff like this. It's too bad Celestial closed down here since I think they had a foam pit =/

DeeDub
04-13-2007, 10:51 AM
Funny as it seems, back in the day my friend lived in Chandler and there was in indoor park there with one...dont know if it still is. Anyways, he was practicing backflips and broke his leg. Haha!

SDG, the closed that place way back in the day

rufus! i wanna go lake jumping with u

Rufus
04-13-2007, 11:03 AM
I'll make a post when it's time to go so everyone can join. We'll likely go to Bartlett.

blkmrkt
04-13-2007, 03:07 PM
you just gotta take away those mattreses there only gonna make you crash. no guts no glory

am i the only one who got this?

Rufus
04-13-2007, 03:28 PM
We got it d00d

http://www.hollywoodteenmovies.com/RadPic1.jpg

blkmrkt
04-13-2007, 03:35 PM
http://us2.pixagogo.com/S5CnjFua68prqy-ExXeOfkX-7dHF2BAgL6udJKoMnbvwyrPZ-w-9G4sYRfAiXuqZTIGrrM6qDpDByCILMrBVLPV!9UlTdVZcII4f! AnkxtG7XWS!1vbVDyhg__/you_got_it_dude.jpg

blkmrkt
04-13-2007, 03:36 PM
funny, my 2 all time faves! full house and rad, what else could i ask for????????????????????????????????

Rufus
04-13-2007, 03:37 PM
lol You are totally missing the hottie in your last post

lexotic_sc300
04-13-2007, 06:45 PM
my gf has a big trampoline...they dont use it...maybe you could borrow it..ill ask