PDA

View Full Version : Stickin with D16z6 need some suggestions!

GregHatchCX
04-12-2007, 07:03 PM
So i decided just too work on my D16z6. i got some stuff done alrdy as you can see from my profile pic. But was wondering what i should start on first? Cams? need some feed back thx..

ILIKETODRIVE
04-12-2007, 07:15 PM
Do:

-Crower head package: valve springs/retainers/Stage 2 cam
-Full dyno tune (Crome/Uberdata/HONData/NEPTune/etc)

*or*

Piece together a simple turbo kit based around something like a 16g or 18g.

topramn
04-13-2007, 09:51 AM
Do:

i like this idea.. also, the skunk2 Intake manifold and Throttle Body are good power adders when you do the head package.. without the head package, they could hurt you depending on what exactly you have done..

Zero
04-13-2007, 09:51 AM
Simon, the SOHC god lol listen to this guy...he knows his shit fo sho

Manga_Spawn
04-15-2007, 12:30 PM
Do:

*or*

Hell do both!. Build the head first then save for your turbo. Thats what i have been doing with my SOHC. Also supertech makes valve springs and retainers and zex also makes a good stage 2 cam. There is plenty of parts out there for these motors you just have to look alittle.

IntegraDA
04-18-2007, 08:59 PM
TURBO!? booooo SOHC ALL MOTOR all the way! change out those stock "toothpick" rods and you'll be set. Maybe a stage 2 cam. Be sure to run fully synthetic oil too. That helps alot. I got a z6 in my eh6 targa and it hits pretty hard. Oh yeah, dont forget to throw it up on the dyne and get it dialed in. Good luck! hope to see it tearin up the az streets!

aldcspecsi
04-23-2007, 10:05 AM
I would go turbo, I slapped on a Greddy kit and exhaust w/ cat delete and it runs like a raped ape!!!

Revhard2003
04-23-2007, 10:47 AM
Do:

*or*

If you go with the head package since your going to do all that work you might as well get a street - mild port done/ mill the head a bit/ and get a valve job 3 or 5 angle. If you are going to use oversized valves then I highly recommend the valve job/bowl rework. Also with an that upgraded cam your SOHC will scream :clap:

All in all by doing this you will get the full potential of your new valvetrain and increase your numbers - if you want to go even further throw on some ITB's and tune the fook out of it.

usdm420
10-13-2007, 08:51 PM
I would go turbo, I slapped on a Greddy kit and exhaust w/ cat delete and it runs like a raped ape!!!

Exactly. You can even piece together a kit for cheap. Run a small amount of boost on stock internals (7-10psi) and you're good unless you want to start talking full blown street/track beast.
It really doesn't take much to boost a single slam if you don't get too crazy.

d16z6_civic
10-14-2007, 03:13 PM
:goodpost: A lot has already been covered, all I can add is good for you! :thumbup: The d16z6 is a beautiful engine in it's entirety. Don't sell out! Boost is the way to go, all engine is more respectable but as long as you have traction you'll smoke or surprise the hell out of anything.

Andyp
10-19-2007, 10:04 AM
go to turbod16.com for everything you need to know about boosting a D. If you are going to boost it, I'd take the advice of everyone else. Start with the cheapy greddy kit (800-1g) and go with a low boost. Make sure you get it tuned also.

When you want more boost just go get the vitara pistons, eagle rods package on eBay and you're set to jet.