PDA

View Full Version : VA TECH shooting: 31 dead

teemfedx
04-16-2007, 12:06 PM
yahoo story here (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070416/ap_on_re_us/virginia_tech_shooting)

basicly an un identified person (presumably a man) shot (and killed) some people in a dorm early in the morning, then ran across campus and shot (and killed) an additional 28-29 people, then either shot himself or was killed.

right now they think 31 people are dead (including the shooter)

this is the worst shooting incident in the history of america. this is the nuvo-columbine!

what is happening in america today...damn!

Chiodos
04-16-2007, 12:12 PM
wow

honduh_head
04-16-2007, 12:20 PM
i just read about this on cnn.com
soooo sad/crazy
31 dead and another 29 injured...this sucks

Evil Empire
04-16-2007, 12:25 PM
Surprised it took this long for something like this to happen on a magnitude this big...

What's really surprising is that it took place at a big ass university.

honduh_head
04-16-2007, 12:31 PM
another link:
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/04/16/vtech.shooting/index.html

rushbuster70
04-16-2007, 12:42 PM
this sucks.why would someone do tha?i mean seriously.

Chiodos
04-16-2007, 12:43 PM
there are some pretty fucked up people!

Rufus
04-16-2007, 12:44 PM
http://www.vtnews.vt.edu/webcam.php

Chiodos
04-16-2007, 12:49 PM
http://www.vtnews.vt.edu/webcam.php

damn link wont work for me uhhhhh

97BaggedDually
04-16-2007, 12:50 PM
i heard about this shit earlier my self, fuckin nutz, that 2 hours went by and then the shooter struck again

Rufus
04-16-2007, 12:52 PM
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2007/04/16/us/16virginia2.600.jpg

Rufus
04-16-2007, 12:57 PM
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2007/04/16/us/16virg.600.jpg

Chiodos
04-16-2007, 01:02 PM
how many died in columbine?

eviilboy
04-16-2007, 01:04 PM
Gee, the no-gun zone laws for that school really helped out didn't they?

I mean.. we wouldn't want anyone to be able to protect themselves or others in these locations... would we?

I wonder how many columbines and va techs will have to happen before they realize banning guns in locations does nothing but increase the body count when someone does decide to kill everyone there.

bmxican
04-16-2007, 01:04 PM
yeah sure. Dam this sucks ass man! A fucking Uni getting shot up! WTF!!!

Chiodos
04-16-2007, 01:05 PM

12 students and a teacher, as well as wounding 24 others

bmxican
04-16-2007, 01:06 PM
Gee, the no-gun zone laws for that school really helped out didn't they?

I mean.. we wouldn't want anyone to be able to protect themselves or others in these locations... would we?

I wonder how many columbines and va techs will have to happen before they realize banning guns in locations does nothing but increase the body count when someone does decide to kill everyone there.

Worst school shooting in US, history. dam!! I can't believe NO ONE had a strap in the dorm!

eviilboy
04-16-2007, 01:08 PM
Worst school shooting in US, history. dam!! I can't believe NO ONE had a strap in the dorm!

Anyone willing to bet we'll have a lot of new gun laws being pushed within the week?

Because you know.. only criminals follow the law...

enigma94
04-16-2007, 01:08 PM
Holy shit. Its totally unacceptable that the second shooting was allowed. It says that there was a 2 hour break between the 2 shootings which should of been more than enough time to do something about evacuating the campus in a orderly fashion. I can already see the lawsuits that are coming against the university and the police for allowing this to happen.

The shooter must of had some kind of semi automatic gun to do all this carnage at once, with 22 people shot in the second shooing and another 26 injured, i would say something with a 30 round clip with 1 reload, which will just fuel the fire to make semi auto guns illegal to the public. Maybe with people like these being able to get their hands on weapons like that they should be illegal....

Type - O
04-16-2007, 01:10 PM
that sucks. makes me worry about my girl

quickeR
04-16-2007, 01:10 PM
12 students and a teacher, as well as wounding 24 others

i met a kid that goes there, i didnt know it was a richer school...

RhdRicheeee
04-16-2007, 01:13 PM
Very sad day

rexnaz
04-16-2007, 01:16 PM
kinda makes u wanna go after his(the shooters) family

this freackin sucks for the college and the kids family

Type - O
04-16-2007, 01:17 PM
^^^^^werd

4g94 girl
04-16-2007, 01:19 PM
I cant believe that they didnt evacuate the school after the first time.. Thats nonsense.. People are so dumb these days, common sense would tell you to evacuate the school.. WOW!

ef9sleeper
04-16-2007, 01:21 PM
That is insane...

rexnaz
04-16-2007, 01:23 PM
I cant believe that they didnt evacuate the school after the first time.. Thats nonsense.. People are so dumb these days, common sense would tell you to evacuate the school.. WOW!

i know. but they were probably being cautious.

THe shooter was probably some richass punk kid mad at the world cause it seems like he had everything but really had nothing at all.

People these days are so materialistic the forget about what used to be the important thing is life;FAMILY. . .

Oh well just another day in a fucked up world.

turbo_ek97
04-16-2007, 01:29 PM
man that really sucks. this is a sad day

dr@ke
04-16-2007, 01:31 PM
damn so sad 4 days shy of 420 too what a fucken shame :sad:

4g94 girl
04-16-2007, 01:32 PM
I dont understand what drives people to kill.. Its so weird that people go insane like that.. And Im sure it was a rich kid that was looking for attention..

*inFamous*
04-16-2007, 01:33 PM
i know so many ppl at va tech... dont even know what to think

91DA9
04-16-2007, 01:46 PM
Holy shit. Its totally unacceptable that the second shooting was allowed. It says that there was a 2 hour break between the 2 shootings which should of been more than enough time to do something about evacuating the campus in a orderly fashion. I can already see the lawsuits that are coming against the university and the police for allowing this to happen.

The shooter must of had some kind of semi automatic gun to do all this carnage at once, with 22 people shot in the second shooing and another 26 injured, i would say something with a 30 round clip with 1 reload, which will just fuel the fire to make semi auto guns illegal to the public. Maybe with people like these being able to get their hands on weapons like that they should be illegal....

I partially agree, but making those kinds of weapons illegal only makes it harder for good honest people to get a hold of them. AK's are illegal to import, but yet, you see more and more of them falling into the hands of people that shouldn't have them...If someone close by would have had a weapon, you can bet your ass the shooting would have stopped. Someone that crazy isn't going to give two shits that you have a "gun ban" on campus.

Neebs
04-16-2007, 02:21 PM

Neebs
04-16-2007, 02:21 PM
damn so sad 4 days shy of 420 too what a fucken shame :sad:

LOL..

jägermeister
04-16-2007, 02:24 PM
It's kind of hard to evacuate 25,000+ students and teachers, especially since not all of them may be in class. So tragic, I can't even imagine what the campus is like right now.

I wonder what the story on the guys is...student/staff...who knows. Trippy shit.

imm0rtal
04-16-2007, 02:25 PM
i know so many ppl at va tech... dont even know what to thinksame here d00d, I had to call my cousins really early this morning to see if they were alright. It's kinda sad because I was telling them how much more laid back the west coast is compared to the stressful environment of that part of the country. Don't I feel like a jackass =/

boostedrex
04-16-2007, 02:31 PM
this is crazy

Stealthy
04-16-2007, 02:45 PM
For all those people who have ever asked me why i carry ALL THE TIME, this is why.. I'd rather have it and not need it then need it and not have it.. What a tragic loss..

Relix
04-16-2007, 02:47 PM
The shooter must of had some kind of semi automatic gun to do all this carnage at once, with 22 people shot in the second shooing and another 26 injured, i would say something with a 30 round clip with 1 reload, which will just fuel the fire to make semi auto guns illegal to the public. Maybe with people like these being able to get their hands on weapons like that they should be illegal.... You fucking dumbass gun grabbers and the BS you spew...

Where's the thread about all the DUI deaths that happen in this country and your calls to ban cars and alcohol? I'm serious..

Pickup trucks kill more people in this country people with then guns do..
Sedans kill more people in this country then people with guns do...
Coupes kill more people in this country then people with guns do..
SUVs kill more people in this country then people with guns do..
Doctors kill more people in this country then people with guns do..
Alcohol kills more people in this country then people with guns do..

There are over 80,000,000 gun owners in this country and about 79,999,999 of us didn't kill anyone today...There over 79,999,999 million gun owners in the USA that haven't killed anyone with their guns, but one crazy fucker does and suddenly our right to own a gun is suddenly in question

How many people killed someone(or a group of people/family) today? I'll bet it was over 100 times as many people killed with a car/truck/SUV then by a gun today in this country..

The point is that when someone kills somebody with a car while driving under the influence, they blame the operator of the car. Just read any thread about drunk driving ever posted on this forum. When something like the current situation occurs, instead of blaming the person who is committing the act(like they do when someone is killed as a result of a DUI), they blame the instrument. It's a double-standard that they create to support their false logic that holds guns responsible for crime, as opposed to the person behind the trigger.

Relix
04-16-2007, 02:52 PM
oh yeah it was a .22 pistol the guy did all that killing with..

enigma94
04-16-2007, 03:02 PM
First off dont make this personal by calling me a "fucking dumbass" because that just shows your immaturity. I never said there should be a ban on all guns all over the US, but its kind of hard to justify owning a ak-47 for personal protection or for "sport" I dont care what spin you want to put on it, it wont work.

Sure there are more deaths caused by a million other things besides guns but none that have the malicious intent that is reflected by someone doing something like this. It makes it 100x more personal to everybody.

I'd like to see some proof to back up your statement that it was all done with a .22 pistol... Its kind of hard to conceive being able to kill 33 and injure another 26 in a 2 hour span with just a .22 pistol.

eviilboy
04-16-2007, 03:05 PM
You fucking dumbass gun grabbers and the BS you spew...

Where's the thread about all the DUI deaths that happen in this country and your calls to ban cars and alcohol? I'm serious..

There are over 80,000,000 gun owners in this country and about 79,999,999 of us didn't kill anyone today...There over 79,999,999 million gun owners in the USA that haven't killed anyone with their guns, but one crazy fucker does and suddenly our right to own a gun is suddenly in question

How many people killed someone(or a group of people/family) today? I'll bet it was over 100 times as many people killed with a car/truck/SUV then by a gun today in this country..

The point is that when someone kills somebody with a car while driving under the influence, they blame the operator of the car. Just read any thread about drunk driving ever posted on this forum. When something like the current situation occurs, instead of blaming the person who is committing the act(like they do when someone is killed as a result of a DUI), they blame the instrument. It's a double-standard that they create to support their false logic that holds guns responsible for crime, as opposed to the person behind the trigger.

Whole heartedly agree with you.

Relix
04-16-2007, 03:05 PM
I'd like to see some proof to back up your statement that it was all done with a .22 pistol... Its kind of hard to conceive being able to kill 33 and injure another 26 in a 2 hour span with just a .22 pistol. Turn on the news CNN/NBC/MSNBC/CNBC/FOX are allreporting the shooter had a .22 pistol on him..

eviilboy
04-16-2007, 03:08 PM
First off dont make this personal by calling me a "fucking dumbass" because that just shows your immaturity. I never said there should be a ban on all guns all over the US, but its kind of hard to justify owning a ak-47 for personal protection or for "sport" I dont care what spin you want to put on it, it wont work.

Sure there are more death caused by a million other things besides guns but non that have the malicious intent that is reflected by someone doing something like this. It makes it 100x more personal to everybody.

I'd like to see some proof to back up your statement that it was all done with a .22 pistol... Its kind of hard to conceive being able to kill 33 and injure another 26 in a 2 hour span with just a .22 pistol.

It was actually done with two 9mm pistols. And it's not very hard to believe.. because when people heard gunshots they all ran.. and hid.. he walked classroom to classroom shooting whoever was there.

And the fact of the matter is... our forefathers gave us the right to carry firearms.. because they had just gotten done fighting for our FREEDOM from an repressive government that used weapons against them.. and ideally would have liked them to have NO WEAPONS.

The fact of the matter is some day we might have to use these weapons against our milliarty and government to liberate ourselves yet again.

Do you think we're going to be able to do it with .22 caliber rifles? Why do you think there is such a push to get heavy weaponry out of the hands of citizens? Because you know the general citizen who spends $10k on a .50 caliber semi-auto rifle... is going to go on a shooting spree downtown... yeah.. cause we've seen that soo many times in history... but they're still pushing to ban the weapon... because it has serious power that could topple light armored tanks and vehicles that the millitary would use to pacify us.

Stealthy
04-16-2007, 03:09 PM
You fucking dumbass gun grabbers and the BS you spew...

I agree also (minus the personal attack).. See my post above.. I was trained to shoot, and it scares me that there are people out there doing this shit.. This is also along the same lines as to why my wife carrys also.

Relix
04-16-2007, 03:14 PM

I call you a dumbass because you post made you look like one... Somehow having a gun makes it easier for someone to kill someone? PLEASE, it would be far far far easier for me to kill someone with a car then a gun(well maybe not because i am one hell of a shot) Banning one type of gun does nothing more then take that type of gun away from people who are legally allowed to own them... Do you think the guy who breaks into your car at night to steal you radio give two shits about the law? I don't think he does, and neither does the guy who thinking about commiting a crime with a gun,,,hmmm well semi-auto guns are illegal so I guess I'll just pick up a bolt action rifle instead to do my killing with...Just like drunk drivers & street racers, they both know it's against the law to drink and drive or street race and they do it... (BTW they kill more people each year in this country then guns do) A criminal is someone with something wrong in their head, they're not thinking right, give them a gun, a butter knife or 3 tons of steal traveling at a high rate of speed and their going to kill someone...

Relix
04-16-2007, 03:20 PM
For all those people who have ever asked me why i carry ALL THE TIME, this is why.. I'd rather have it and not need it then need it and not have it.. What a tragic loss.. Exactly, if I was a parent of a student killed there today I would be sueing the school for not allowing my son/daughter to carry a weapon to protect themselves from this very stituation...

VT passed a law banning anyone from carrying a firearm on campus(this includes people who passed the tests to carry a concealed weapon)

enigma94
04-16-2007, 03:21 PM
oh yeah it was a .22 pistol the guy did all that killing with..

It was actually done with two 9mm pistols. And it's not very hard to believe.. because when people heard gunshots they all ran.. and hid.. he walked classroom to classroom shooting whoever was there.

And the fact of the matter is... our forefathers gave us the right to carry firearms.. because they had just gotten done fighting for our FREEDOM from an repressive government that used weapons against them.. and ideally would have liked them to have NO WEAPONS.

The fact of the matter is some day we might have to use these weapons against our milliarty and government to liberate ourselves yet again.

Do you think we're going to be able to do it with .22 caliber rifles? Why do you think there is such a push to get heavy weaponry out of the hands of citizens? Because you know the general citizen who spends $10k on a .50 caliber semi-auto rifle... is going to go on a shooting spree downtown... yeah.. cause we've seen that soo many times in history... but they're still pushing to ban the weapon... because it has serious power that could topple light armored tanks and vehicles that the millitary would use to pacify us.

2 9's is much more believable. I agree with you to a point, there is a fine line between the need for us to bare the 50cal canons and the danger in it as well. But as for liberating ourselves against the government, thats just a joke. we wouldnt stand a chance against our government if there was a civil war. All they would have to do is bomb all major cities. sure having a 50cal would help put a dent in it, but in no way would it stop them.

enigma94
04-16-2007, 03:24 PM
Exactly, if I was a parent of a student killed there today I would be sueing the school for not allowing my son/daughter to carry a weapon to protect themselves from this very stituation...

VT passed a law banning anyone from carrying a firearm on campus(this includes people who passed the tests to carry a concealed weapon)

we have the same laws in arizona, to my knowledge you are not allowed to carry a gun onto any school campus in the state.

Rufus
04-16-2007, 03:24 PM
When did this issue become about what ELSE kills people? Guy used guns, not a car, not a minivan, not a dremel, not tweezers, and not a plunger.

I'm not saying that the guns did the killing, but why not discuss the issue itself rather than saying that we should quit blaming guns because people die in many various ways.

The reality is that anyone commited to doing something this deadly has no concern with what laws he's breaking. Tragedy, hands down.

eviilboy
04-16-2007, 03:26 PM
2 9's is much more believable. I agree with you to a point, there is a fine line between the need for us to bare the 50cal canons and the danger in it as well. But as for liberating ourselves against the government, thats just a joke. we wouldnt stand a chance against our government if there was a civil war. All they would have to do is bomb all major cities. sure having a 50cal would help put a dent in it, but in no way would it stop them.

I think yourself and quite a few others... didn't get the memo...

The iraqis are using small arms and whatever they can get to destroy our military...

They seem to be doing a pretty good job at it as well.

enigma94
04-16-2007, 03:31 PM
When did this issue become about what ELSE kills people? Guy used guns, not a car, not a minivan, not a dremel, not tweezers, and not a plunger.

I'm not saying that the guns did the killing, but why not discuss the issue itself rather than saying that we should quit blaming guns because people die in many various ways.

The reality is that anyone commited to doing something this deadly has no concern with what laws he's breaking. Tragedy, hands down.

Bingo. In no way am I or was I stating that it was the guns fault. My previous statement was based on the premise that a semi auto gun was used, being that there were a lot on deaths and injuries it was assumed to be one. I'm not sure how different it would of played out if one of the students had been able to carry a gun, it could of prevented some of the deaths and injuries or it could of fueled to guy even more, its tough to say.

I think the the real tragedy is the fact that there were no precautions taken after the first shooting to protect the rest of the students. I understand that an evacuation of the campus would not of worked, and probably would of made it worse, but they could of atleast closed the campus to all students until the gunman was found, which would of made everybody more aware of what to look for which could of prevented the second incident.

Relix
04-16-2007, 03:32 PM
we have the same laws in arizona, to my knowledge you are not allowed to carry a gun onto any school campus in the state.
then they are open for a lawsuit(god forbid) if anything like this happened here in AZ..

enigma94
04-16-2007, 03:34 PM

The iraqis are using small arms and whatever they can get to destroy our military...

this is true, Its weird how such old technology can make such a huge impact.

eviilboy
04-16-2007, 03:35 PM
this is true, Its weird how such old technology can make such a huge impact.

Given the fact that there are 80,000,000 gun owners in the united states...

I think that even if 10% of them decided to take arms against the military they'd have them quite outnumbered....

enigma94
04-16-2007, 03:36 PM
then they are open for a lawsuit(god forbid) if anything like this happened here in AZ..

i think the big lawsuit is going to be based on what I just said, the fact that there were no measures to secure the safety of the students after the first shooting. all that was done was an email was sent out, and not even promptly, close to 2 hours after the first shooting, which is just unacceptable in my mind.

Rufus
IEDs I think are causing the most fatalities... are they not?

eviilboy
IEDs I think are causing the most fatalities... are they not?

IEDs and small arms fire.

bmxican
04-16-2007, 03:54 PM
gotta stay strapped. More of a reason to own a firearm.

YewllowDA
04-16-2007, 04:02 PM
this is sad..
kinda reminds me of the Battle Royale movie for some reason.
except in this movie it is the students killed each other....

jägermeister
04-16-2007, 04:09 PM
Alright just read on another forum from a student that goes to Virginia Tech, apparently there were 2 shooters, one is dead and the other is still unknown. Not sure if this is legit info or not.

cheesefries
04-16-2007, 04:10 PM

One of the few smart comments in this thread

91DA9
04-16-2007, 04:12 PM
I totally agree with relix on everything, but I do have one correction for you. There are 79,999,999 REGISTERED gun owners in the country. You forgot to report that more people die everyone year from unregistered/stolen weapons than from average guy Joe Shmoe who owns a weapon....Past that I can believe the two 9's....that why he was walking out of the classrooms after opening fire, and then attempting re-entry. Dude was reloading. The country needs to understand, GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE, PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE. You ban the person not the protection.

91DA9
04-16-2007, 04:23 PM

ummmm.....no actually, I work alongside homeland security, and we've only had 3,000 casualties since the start of the war. Do the math on that one. Yeah, sure we've had a lot of injuries too. Many in fact. But they still haven't put a dent in our military. Unfortunately the media doesn't put it into perspective for you... you hear that we have X number of troops over there, and that X number died....what they don't specify is that there are shitloads of countries in that fight. Yes, even Canada. Off topic, I know, and I'm sorry, but I had to say that.

bmxican
04-16-2007, 04:29 PM
well, some hoe described him as an asian male. WTF! this some weird shit!

StateOfMind
04-16-2007, 04:29 PM

Two 9mm. And what about when they did evacuate and the guy was just standing outside and popping people as they came out? My question is where was campus security?

enigma94
04-16-2007, 04:30 PM
A Lady on CNN made a very good point that follows with what relix said, in that the reason for so many school shootings like this one is the ban for students and even school security to carry weapons weakens the though of the act being dangerous.

To counter that a local officer said that in arming the students it makes it increasingly hard to tell the actual criminal apart from a regular student who is carrying a weapon....

teemfedx
04-16-2007, 04:38 PM
-edit by user for false information

bmxican
04-16-2007, 04:42 PM
eww he liked HK. I'm a GLOCK guy myself. I wouldn't doubt if that was his bloq. Gurl on CNN said he was asian aswell.

Rufus
04-16-2007, 04:50 PM
I am a muth f'in detective

http://www.xanga.com/wanusmaximus

http://s87991563.onlinehome.us/index-newhope-hanging_by_a_moment.html

StateOfMind
04-16-2007, 04:54 PM
Says he was an arms dealer?

Rufus
04-16-2007, 04:55 PM
Wayne G Chiang
Current Address:
9100 Hunters Mill Rd. Apt H
Blacksburg, Virginia 24060
(540) 961-7131

eviilboy
04-16-2007, 04:59 PM
ummmm.....no actually, I work alongside homeland security, and we've only had 3,000 casualties since the start of the war. Do the math on that one. Yeah, sure we've had a lot of injuries too. Many in fact. But they still haven't put a dent in our military. Unfortunately the media doesn't put it into perspective for you... you hear that we have X number of troops over there, and that X number died....what they don't specify is that there are shitloads of countries in that fight. Yes, even Canada. Off topic, I know, and I'm sorry, but I had to say that.

It's hard to believe that you have _atual_ evidence or facts of what's going on over in iraq...

but.. we'll go with that.

Continue on with the occupation.. it's only going to get worse as more civilians arm themselves and take up fight against the united states army.

Small arms will be the end of our army there... not a big army fighting us.

3k casualties in what... 5 years?

Rufus
04-16-2007, 04:59 PM
Post this for the guys on HT...

How could he be the killer when he just posted on a website a little bit ago..?

http://www.ar15.com/member/member.html?id=68857

bmxican
04-16-2007, 05:01 PM
true!!! Onwards with finding the true killer!!!

teemfedx
04-16-2007, 05:17 PM
true!!! Onwards with finding the true killer!!!

still a creepy dood with all the guns

Rufus
04-16-2007, 05:19 PM
http://mythbustersresults.com/images/mythlogo.gif

Yes but I'm a scientist and this myth has been

http://www.plowsunlimited.com/images/mythbusters/bustedplacard.jpg

teemfedx
04-16-2007, 05:21 PM
^^^
you are not to be messed with when it comes to the haxoz skillz

Rufus
04-16-2007, 05:22 PM
I can dig up dirt on almost anyone...

Papesh_Foo
04-16-2007, 05:42 PM
watchin the news right now.....they said he has 2 guns..1 was a 9mm, the other was a .22. They have another person in custidy and think he has lots O info on the shooter..

Lazieb29
04-16-2007, 06:00 PM
man this is real fucked up. yea it was only 4 days shy of the columbine shootings

bmxican
04-16-2007, 06:20 PM
ohh please no jesus!!! Lets not do a conspiracy and try and connect this with columbine.

Lazieb29
04-16-2007, 06:22 PM
i'm not trying to connect shit i just think its crazy

1 quick civic
04-16-2007, 06:46 PM
any updates??

MichaelKnight
04-16-2007, 08:48 PM

He had a .22 and 9mm and a jacket full of ammo. Lookin for his girlfriend is what people said regarding the first incident, that is why the admin/police thought it was a domestic dispute at first. Couldn't find him untill the 2nd shooting took place. People say he wasn't scared, and didnt say a word. He lost it.

A few things that piss me off.

1. They have an intercom. There was a shooting and people wounded/killed during the first episode. ANNOUNCE THIS SHIT! Wouldn't you want to know if someone got killed at your school, the gunman was not caught, and you were on campus! They said they sent out emails! WTF!! What if I am in class and not at a CPU!! This alone could have saved everyone else.

2. The P.O.S killed himself. No satisfaction of the death penalty, staring your childs killer in the face. The guilt of having to live with himself. F-ing Coward! This is becoming the trend, and I am sorry to say that is sounds too much like a "Suicide Attack" we are fighting across the other side of the world. I see this evolving here in the US now.

mcard
04-16-2007, 09:05 PM
the cop on the news mentioned that they didn't have a universal intercom and its hard to evacuate such a big campus.... on the contrary they couldnt have had that many different intercoms, announce it on each one??? I dont know it's hard to point fingers when we don't know all the information... such a tragedy either way.

Peteex
04-16-2007, 09:10 PM
He had a .22 and 9mm and a jacket full of ammo. Lookin for his girlfriend is what people said regarding the first incident, that is why the admin/police thought it was a domestic dispute at first. Couldn't find him untill the 2nd shooting took place. People say he wasn't scared, and didnt say a word. He lost it.

A few things that piss me off.

1. They have an intercom. There was a shooting and people wounded/killed during the first episode. ANNOUNCE THIS SHIT! Wouldn't you want to know if someone got killed at your school, the gunman was not caught, and you were on campus! They said they sent out emails! WTF!! What if I am in class and not at a CPU!! This alone could have saved everyone else.

2. The P.O.S killed himself. No satisfaction of the death penalty, staring your childs killer in the face. The guilt of having to live with himself. F-ing Coward! This is becoming the trend, and I am sorry to say that is sounds too much like a "Suicide Attack" we are fighting across the other side of the world. I see this evolving here in the US now.

Just on your first point.

Announcing the situation over the intercom would create a little thing called MASS HYSTERIA. People, especially college students, are not the most calm and rational population on earth. Especially with being on edge from the bomb threats they had been receiving.

It would have been nice if they had personally sent a security guard to each building on campus and let key people, including the professors know about it. Then they would have at least been prepared if they saw some one suspicious peeking into their class rooms or walking through the door once class had already begun

There was little reason to go blaring out across the intercom. At the time after the first shootings, no one expected the perp to go on a shooting rampage.

gcboy90
04-16-2007, 09:15 PM
5 bucks says someone will cry conspiracy about how bush wanted to hurt the american people and covered it up with a college campus rampage

just wait, ull be watching "Loose Change Goes To College"

Paper Boy
04-16-2007, 09:37 PM
This is so sad and completely unacceptable. The police did not act quick enough and this mistake came at the price of many lives. The lives of so many people will never be the same becuase of some crazed asshole. I wonder what the motive was. Regardless this is a fucked up situation and truly a horrible day.

Stealthy
04-16-2007, 09:54 PM
5 bucks says someone will cry conspiracy about how bush wanted to hurt the american people and covered it up with a college campus rampage

just wait, ull be watching "Loose Change Goes To College"

What are you saying? You honestly believe that the Towers were hit and brought down by the "terrorists"?

gcboy90
04-16-2007, 09:58 PM
you honestly believe that the government killed thousands of americans in an attempt to get gold from the basement of the WTC? SOME of it is fishy, like the pentagon... thats the only wierd part... a lot of their facts werent correct, (i.e. they stated that a B-52 bomber went into the Empire State building in like 1960's or something but in reality, it wasnt a B-52, those R FUCKING HUGE, and didnt exist at the time that it happened) altogether it was a great question raiser, but does it prove anything? fuck no... government always has acted shady, doesnt mean they killed thousands of americans

Stealthy
04-16-2007, 10:05 PM
you honestly believe that the government killed thousands of americans in an attempt to get gold from the basement of the WTC? SOME of it is fishy, like the pentagon... thats the only wierd part... a lot of their facts werent correct, (i.e. they stated that a B-52 bomber went into the Empire State building in like 1960's or something but in reality, it wasnt a B-52, those R FUCKING HUGE, and didnt exist at the time that it happened) altogether it was a great question raiser, but does it prove anything? fuck no... government always has acted shady, doesnt mean they killed thousands of americans

Actually, having been on the issuing end of dealth via the US Government, yes, I do believe that it its quite possible that they did it. And who the hell said anything about gold? It was done specifically to start a war. There's a lot of information that I have gathered through various places and connections, and I believe very much that this was done by people on our ouw turf. You probably think JFK was shot by Lee Harvey too, right?

eviilboy
04-16-2007, 10:18 PM
Actually, having been on the issuing end of dealth via the US Government, yes, I do believe that it its quite possible that they did it. And who the hell said anything about gold? It was done specifically to start a war. There's a lot of information that I have gathered through various places and connections, and I believe very much that this was done by people on our ouw turf. You probably think JFK was shot by Lee Harvey too, right?

I don't think they did the wtc... but I do think something is up with the pentagon.. they have over 82 tapes / videos they seized.. and we still only have 10 choppy frames showing something exploding against it...

meh.

jägermeister
04-16-2007, 10:22 PM
please stay on topic.

1 quick civic
04-16-2007, 10:24 PM
still cant believe this happened...

honduh_head
04-17-2007, 07:41 AM
-Gunman identified as Cho Seung-hui, a 23-year-old English major from South Korea

-"There wasn't a shooting victim that didn't have less than three bullet wounds in them," said Dr. Joseph Cacioppo of Montgomery Regional Hospital.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=3048534

sssmokin05si
04-17-2007, 07:50 AM
-Gunman identified as Cho Seung-hui, a 23-year-old English major from South Korea

-"There wasn't a shooting victim that didn't have less than three bullet wounds in them," said Dr. Joseph Cacioppo of Montgomery Regional Hospital.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=3048534

I was just going to post this, just came as breaking news on CNN here at school. Kind of strangely quiet here this morning.

What a fucked up world.

sssmokin05si
04-17-2007, 08:06 AM
They just came on and said through a ballistics test that one of the weapons used in the second shooting WAS used to kill both in the first shooting. Not confirmed yet if it was the same shooter or not.

Announcing the situation over the intercom would create a little thing called MASS HYSTERIA. People, especially college students, are not the most calm and rational population on earth. Especially with being on edge from the bomb threats they had been receiving.

It would have been nice if they had personally sent a security guard to each building on campus and let key people, including the professors know about it. Then they would have at least been prepared if they saw some one suspicious peeking into their class rooms or walking through the door once class had already begun

There was little reason to go blaring out across the intercom. At the time after the first shootings, no one expected the perp to go on a shooting rampage.

Yeah, BUT, the damned email they sent out to notify got sent out at 9:26A.M. That is 2 hours and 11 minutes after the first shooting, and JUST 20 minutes before the second shooting.

Peteex
04-17-2007, 10:01 AM
Yeah, BUT, the damned email they sent out to notify got sent out at 9:26A.M. That is 2 hours and 11 minutes after the first shooting, and JUST 20 minutes before the second shooting.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

enigma94
04-17-2007, 01:34 PM
It would have been nice if they had personally sent a security guard to each building on campus and let key people, including the professors know about it. Then they would have at least been prepared if they saw some one suspicious peeking into their class rooms or walking through the door once class had already begun.

This is what should of been done. It would of saved all those people considering one of the only survivors in that classroom said that the guy peeked in 3-4 times before he went on the rampage. If they were notified of this situation they could of calling the police/security and had the fucking picked up before the carnage started.

DJ NeX
04-17-2007, 01:40 PM
I'm sure they weren't prepared for something like that to happen.

jägermeister
04-17-2007, 01:44 PM

x2.

enigma94
04-17-2007, 01:46 PM

well thats obvious....

sssmokin05si
04-17-2007, 01:47 PM
x2.

x3. I bet some shit starts happening with people trying to get an emergency prcedure for a situation like this at schools. But good luck, it's just far too many people. Not to mention the time of morning it took place....My macroeconomics teacher raised a good point today; if that school is anything like ASU, there was about 10-15 thousand students in route to school alone at 7-8 o'clock hours. I guess it's just going to remain a risk.

rushbuster70
04-17-2007, 02:53 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070417/ap_on_re_us/virginia_tech_victim_vignettes_2

just read that story...definitely made me sad.its crazy that that happen.mad props to the professor that had his life taken to tell his students to leave the room.people were jumping out of the second story window.man i just cant imagine what i would do

Rufus
04-17-2007, 05:03 PM
Dr. Phil did it

Stealthy
04-17-2007, 05:17 PM
We need shit like this better protected..

Rufus
04-17-2007, 05:17 PM
We need shit like this better protected..

meaning?

urquidezj
04-18-2007, 12:18 AM
everybody should be strapped for security....
no for real though, poor innocent people that lost their life, may they rest in peace..

MichaelKnight
04-18-2007, 04:44 PM

2 people were killed on campus and they did not catch the shooter - he was at large! Your telling me that we should have just assumed he was not going to kill anyone else?

Mass hysteria vs. 33 dead? Which would you rather have? if 10 people died because of mass hysteria (say someone was trampled) wouldn't you rather have that compared to 33 dead. I saw an article that there are several intercoms all over the campus and they are on the same frequency, so no excuse.

MichaelKnight
04-18-2007, 04:49 PM
Corona Del Sol has been getting bomb threats all week long. Notes on bathroom stalls referencing the anniversary of Columbine. They also lit a bush on fire and left a note refering back to the first note in the bathroom stalls - AZcentral.com/chandler

I know people who;s kids are not going to school for the rest of the week because of this. I agree with them.

I expect some crazy kids all over the US including AZ to be planning some sh-t this friday. I hope the schools are prepared. I personally think that school should be canceled this friday in light of Estrella Mountain Campus being closed down because of a campus shooting, and the Corona Del Sol incident. Not saying that this would prevent these actions, but it would rob some of the glory/symbolism from these idiots.

Peteex
04-18-2007, 05:16 PM
2 people were killed on campus and they did not catch the shooter - he was at large! Your telling me that we should have just assumed he was not going to kill anyone else?

Mass hysteria vs. 33 dead? Which would you rather have? if 10 people died because of mass hysteria (say someone was trampled) wouldn't you rather have that compared to 33 dead. I saw an article that there are several intercoms all over the campus and they are on the same frequency, so no excuse.

And what if the perp hadn't gone on a shooting rampage? Its hard for people to make decisions such as this off assumptions. Especially since none of the information they had at the time led them to beleive that a student, let alone one capable of what evntually happened, had perpetrated the crime. Police don't automatically now everything about how a crime was perpitrated or why as soon as they walk in the door, this isn't CSI.

I don't know if you've been reading the news lately, but they assumed the perp had fled after the first shootings. And most event cooridinators, crowd control specialists and leaders of large organizations will tell you that creating mass hysteria with public announcments of: "Dangerous killers on the loose at your school!!! Right Now!!!" Isn't going to solve anything.

I will not compare body counts with you as it seems rather morbid given the circumstances. But the number of murders perpertrateed on college campuses in the U.S. that where not followed murderous rampages greatly out numbers those that did. So if we make our important decisions based off a few isolated instances, it seems like pretty poor judgment to me.

One of my favorite qoutes:

" A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. "