PDA

View Full Version : just thinking.... about my DA

elbowpunk
04-17-2007, 03:10 PM
I built that car up.... 90 integra... paid $300 for the shell and put evrything else in myslef... for a little bit i was thinkin on selling it, but then it came to me that i will NEVER get what i want for it ... what i have been threw and all the blood and balls been into that car.... the motor itself has 153k miles on it (i kno i should of rebult it when it was out, but needed the car) so i was thinking and i almost got the money to invest in another motor... just the block and head... or maybe just a Vtec head and convert ls/vtec... with a rebult block... what do u think ?

i want it faster / newer motor ... but keep it real ... any comments would be greatly !

heres a pic of it !

where can i get a decent Vtec Head... and do all that ishhh ?

thanks !

elbowpunk
04-17-2007, 03:11 PM
and if anyone is down to help me rebuild it / help with the Vtec addtions... Holler !

thanks !

tegmister
04-17-2007, 03:17 PM
step 1
get rid of those wheels
step 2
paint grill black
step 3
paint calipers back to black
step4
lower it
step 5
ONE PIECES
step si6 (if i can remember right)
get new interior since you painted it white.
step 7
find the 92-93 bumper, and put that bad boy on there

than comes vtec

buy a block and build it slowly but surely. than put whatever vtec head you like. imo b16. GOOD LUCK !

elbowpunk
04-17-2007, 03:24 PM
naw... no thank you...

i rather have vtec than all those other so called **steps**

tegmister
04-17-2007, 03:30 PM
naw... no thank you...

i rather have vtec than all those other so called **steps**

its your car so do as you please. but honestly , your car will not go fast with those 22 inch wheels. but seriously... nice car imo.

YewllowDA
04-17-2007, 05:50 PM
step 1
get rid of those wheels
step 2
paint grill black
step 3
step4
lower it
step 5
ONE PIECES
step 7

than comes vtec

buy a block and build it slowly but surely. than put whatever vtec head you like. imo b16. GOOD LUCK !

i did those before i went on the power plant

Hansel651
04-17-2007, 06:16 PM
step 1
get rid of those wheels
step 2
paint grill black
step 3
step4
lower it
step 5
ONE PIECES
step 7

I am feelin that start off with basics as ur doin that look for a vtec head u can get them close to nothing now adays if u gonna boost thro a gsr head on the to make things OOooo and after that front bumper..throw the c/f type r lip on there...the lsvtec sandwhich is like 300 bucks but findsome to tap theat oil line...Bump for DA BABBY!! :thumbup:

than comes vtec

I am feelin that start off with basics as ur doin that look for a vtec head u can get them close to nothing now adays if u gonna boost thro a gsr head on the to make things OOooo and after that front bumper..throw the c/f type r lip on there...the lsvtec sandwhich is like 300 bucks but findsome to tap theat oil line...Bump for DA BABBY!! :thumbup:

Hansel651
04-17-2007, 06:16 PM
Like i always say...Dont B-16 Grow up and B-18!! Or 22 lol

tegmister
04-17-2007, 07:18 PM
haha

*inFamous*
04-17-2007, 07:29 PM
your car begs for a black grill elliott :)

ILIKETODRIVE
04-17-2007, 07:34 PM
your car begs for a black grill elliott :)

x2

Even if you keep the moldings white, black grill FTMFW.

Lazieb29
04-17-2007, 07:40 PM
thats HIS car

tegmister
04-17-2007, 07:41 PM
ya, its his car.. black grill is a must. it looks a whole lot better , and some different wheels would defiinetly turn the whole car around imo

Lazieb29
04-17-2007, 07:42 PM
if thats how he wants it... let it be

HEADSHOT
04-17-2007, 07:44 PM
elliot. id pass on the vtec head. save up untill you can find a gsr. putting a vtec head on a ls is just gonna make a really reliable work horse motor, less reliable and prone to damaging itself

tegmister
04-17-2007, 07:49 PM
elliot. id pass on the vtec head. save up untill you can find a gsr. putting a vtec head on a ls is just gonna make a really reliable work horse motor, less reliable and prone to damaging itself

thAnk YOU siR, elliot. you seem like a good guy. but the MOST important thing to take your time on is the Engine, do not rush that . , well , nothing should ever be rushed on a car. but imo, follow my steps. lol.

TysCb7
04-17-2007, 08:08 PM
x2

Even if you keep the moldings white, black grill FTMFW.

x3

tegmister
04-17-2007, 09:53 PM
x4 , asi originally said.

elbowpunk
04-17-2007, 10:21 PM
ok... so whats the diff. between GSR and b16 ??

and yes deff black grill ftw... just gatta find that time baby !

tegmister
04-17-2007, 10:23 PM
omg, do the steps i told you , learn about the types of different heads. than after you learn . and finished the steps. build your engine. and by than , you should know more about them. btw. go to g2ic.com and sign up there.
they have a shit load of information for generation integras. thats a good info site.

elbowpunk
04-17-2007, 10:26 PM
ok dude.... SRRRRRRRYYYYYY i dont kno my shit ok ??? fuck bro...

and dont worry about what i do to my car...

HEADSHOT
04-17-2007, 10:27 PM
omg, do the steps i told you , learn about the types of different heads. than after you learn . and finished the steps. build your engine. and by than , you should know more about them. btw. go to g2ic.com and sign up there.
they have a shit load of information for generation integras. thats a good info site.

i hate to say it but yeah... do research. ive been researching for over a year on lsvtec... and everything i have basically gotten out of it is..... dont do it...

elbowpunk
04-17-2007, 10:48 PM
whtas a good site to look for motors... i found this one...

http://www.jspecautosports.com/catalog_product.aspx?prod_id=705

mayeb jsut stay within AZHT or any good sites be great !

HEADSHOT
04-17-2007, 10:49 PM
h motors online. of course pete at tsp will always be reliable place to get motors since he is such a friend to the community.

elbowpunk
04-17-2007, 10:56 PM
fo sho !

tegmister
04-17-2007, 11:14 PM
ok dude.... SRRRRRRRYYYYYY i dont kno my shit ok ??? fuck bro...

and dont worry about what i do to my car...

ok, you asked for advice about your car....so i gave you my opinion, take it or not, its there. chill homie.

elbowpunk
04-17-2007, 11:19 PM
ya the opinion about a vtec head... nothing to do with how the car sits / shows

but whatever bro... its all good nothing to get upset about

Hansel651
04-17-2007, 11:36 PM
I like beer Pong! btw

RhdRicheeee
04-18-2007, 08:23 AM
You have done a good job man

*inFamous*
04-18-2007, 09:24 AM
need help with motors?

<----- *waves*

2poor2tune
04-18-2007, 01:31 PM
i hate to say it but yeah... do research. ive been researching for over a year on lsvtec... and everything i have basically gotten out of it is..... dont do it...

i havent been researching it for a year but yeah. DONT DO IT.unless you like having i decently fast motor for a month. then go for it. or buy a gsr and make a little less power with hondas stock reliability.

YewllowDA
04-18-2007, 01:49 PM
agreed....
if it was reliable then the honda engineers would of done in the first place.

if done right....it might last a lil longer

2poor2tune
04-18-2007, 02:17 PM
yeah i would imagine a fully built motor with the ls/vtec setup would last at least a year with all arp hardware. stock block lsvtecs never seem to work out. just what i have seen and heard tho. huh i would rather do a stock ls turbo on like 7 pounds. get a good tune and your good for at least a year. i have a friend who had a stock ls motor tuned to 10 spi and it lasted aver a year. all in the tune. plus boost is so much more fun

elbowpunk
04-18-2007, 02:55 PM
im thinkin now jsut all b16 motor... from H Motor online... it comes with everything...

but RAVI... deff get a hold of u soon !

"I like beer Pong! btw" ... we gatta play sometime ...

"i havent been researching it for a year but yeah. DONT DO IT.unless you like having i decently fast motor for a month. then go for it. or buy a gsr and make a little less power with hondas stock reliability." <---- oo word ?

2poor2tune
04-18-2007, 03:07 PM
i hate gay poeple. anyway. a b16 would not make your car go anywhere. my buddy has a b16 with ctr pistons and gsr cams in it and he ran a 17 at the track. and no he is not a bad driver. the fact it b16's have no tourqe and wount more anything that ways more than 2500lbs. up to you but i would grab nothing less than a gsr if i wanted my integra to go fast.

illwill
04-23-2007, 01:08 PM
Even though you were rude before I'm gonna give you sound advice. I share some of the opinions as others have given you.

I have owned 3 da9 Integras.

I used to be a Honda parts counterman.

I'm assuming you have an A1 cable transmission and stock flywheel. That shit has to go!

Buy a J1 or j.d.m. YS1 from an Integra XSi.

Second, buy an Evolution Industries flywheel from Password JDM.

Third buy a B16A from Password JDM or HMOTORSONLINE.

Call me if you want to talk further about why I believe these are a few of the steps you should take.

Be prepared to spend money or your Integra will forever have problems.

illwill
04-23-2007, 01:12 PM
A properly built full interior da9 Integra will run lowwwww 15's all day at the track with only Honda Genuine parts.

And it won't spin a bearing or some other shit.

elbowpunk
04-23-2007, 03:09 PM
i dont really care how FAST it is... its my DD so i need a STRONG CAR ... i dont want a b16 if all these ppl r telling me it wont last and i will be puttin money into it... naw thats not me... i NEED my car EVERYDAY approx. 80miles a day...

illwill
04-23-2007, 10:12 PM
They're knocking the B16A because it lacks torque.

The B16A will last longer than any other Honda 4 cylinder engine.

Did any of them mention that you will have over 30 m.p.g. and run low 15's and be reliable?

No, they didn't cause they're haters.

FOCKER OUT!

tuybotom
04-25-2007, 08:39 PM
Like i always say...Dont B-16 Grow up and B-18!! Or 22 lol

ok that was lame...

DA_Doc
04-27-2007, 01:44 AM
i feel alot of conflict in this thread. :(.

tegmister
04-27-2007, 02:40 AM
ill will dont know shit. haha.b18 man. for real. b16's are tight, but save some cash, and go with a gsr.

DA_Doc
04-30-2007, 11:17 PM
haha. hell ya

Type - O
05-01-2007, 12:37 AM
i agree, b18's have much more torque then b16. it will hard to move your car with a b16. i only settled for a b16 cuz i have a crx, but was looking for a LS block. i say either deal with down time and rebuild your motor with ARP bolts and shit then add the vtec head. or save even more and get a hole GSR swap. a rebiuld seems more viable tho

*inFamous*
05-01-2007, 01:00 AM
im thinkin now jsut all b16 motor... from H Motor online... it comes with everything...

but RAVI... deff get a hold of u soon !

"I like beer Pong! btw" ... we gatta play sometime ...

"i havent been researching it for a year but yeah. DONT DO IT.unless you like having i decently fast motor for a month. then go for it. or buy a gsr and make a little less power with hondas stock reliability." <---- oo word ?

Just waiting man... you know how to find me.

4sd4dr
05-04-2007, 10:44 AM
ill will dont know shit. haha.b18 man. for real. b16's are tight, but save some cash, and go with a gsr.

How does he not know shit? Other than the fact he said the B16 will out last any honda engine...

I ran his car at the track to a 15.9. IT was merely a stock B16 91 Integra, full interior... 15.9 Is not ridicuously fast but it's quick.

I say swp a full GSR changeover, convert to OBD1 and you'd be set.

91DA9
05-04-2007, 11:32 AM
^^^Totally agree....If you want a STRONG V-tec motor, then get one that's built for it. Don't touch an lsvtec unless you're only planning on having it run without any problems for 20-30k miles. They are a pain in the ass to keep running right, and maintain. If you want a reliable, not so quick DD then go with a b16, if you're looking for something to race that's reliable, then you need another car, because DD shouldn't be your track car.

tegmister
05-04-2007, 12:55 PM
How does he not know shit? Other than the fact he said the B16 will out last any honda engine...

I ran his car at the track to a 15.9. IT was merely a stock B16 91 Integra, full interior... 15.9 Is not ridicuously fast but it's quick.

I say swp a full GSR changeover, convert to OBD1 and you'd be set.

He doesn't know shit because thats what i learned when he pm'd me talking shit. hmmm . Last time i checked, i didnt give a fuck about what he thought. So why did he feel the need to pm me? Anyways, back to topic.

my99ctr
05-09-2007, 02:11 PM

lsvtec and or b20vtec is just as reliable as an untouched motor it depends on how it was done and how knowledgeable the person who did it was

2 do lsvtec or b20vtec correctly imo you need:
ls or b20 block
b16 or gsr head
head studs
golden eagle lsvtec kit
gsr oil pump
new t-belt
new water pump
patients
and knowledge of what you are doing

illwill
05-09-2007, 04:34 PM
Get a paint job. Baby blue? Give me a break. Doubt what I say, I could care less. I've owned 4 Hondas and worked @ 2 Honda dealers as a parts salesman. Did I mention this was in the last three years? Oh sorry.

He wants reliabilty. The B18C was never intended for the 1990-93 Integra. It's roughly twice as expensive to buy and put in a da.

Wow 10 horsepower and and 17 lb. feet of torque!

tegmister
05-09-2007, 04:47 PM
Get a paint job. Baby blue? Give me a break. Doubt what I say, I could care less. I've owned 4 Hondas and worked @ 2 Honda dealers as a parts salesman. Did I mention this was in the last three years? Oh sorry.

He wants reliabilty. The B18C was never intended for the 1990-93 Integra. It's roughly twice as expensive to buy and put in a da.

Wow 10 horsepower and and 17 lb. feet of torque!

Hey e thug , I dont give a fuck or could care less if you worked at wal mart as a lube tech..

baby blue? hmm. pretty sure that color (oem btw) came with the car you piece of fuck.

and for reliability ? lsvtec is not even close to as reliable as a gsr in a DA.
pretty sure if elbowpunk wants to go fast than he should just put a fucking nitrous kit on his car, but if he wants to do it right, than MANY, if not most, would say a GSR is more reliable when done right than a fucking vtec head on an ls block.

so i dont know where your getting your st st sttt statistics from you flaming faggot.

p.m me if you want to talk shit.

illwill
05-09-2007, 04:53 PM
I'm advocating a B16A not an LS-VTEC. I've never posted that anyone should build an LS-VTEC. I'm not an e thug you were the first to publicly dis me bitch. I've never worked where your family shops either. LOL:blunt:

illwill
05-09-2007, 04:57 PM
Get a haircut you emo bitch! What are you 19 18? LOL

FOCKER OUT!

tegmister
05-09-2007, 04:57 PM
I'm advocating a B16A not an LS-VTEC. I've never posted that anyone should build an LS-VTEC. I'm not an e thug you were the first to publicly dis me bitch. I've never worked where your family shops either. LOL:blunt:

haha, so than your fucking arguing that a b16a makes more power than a gsr? is that what your arguing, and we are talking here , bone fucking stock.. hmm. well maybe you should do a little research and go back to your parts counter, sit on your ass and slam some more gatorade because talking shit on here is getting you no where..

and where my family shops? what is that supposed to mean, pretty sure most families in america shop there, regardless how fucking retarded MOST workers there are ..

tegmister
05-09-2007, 04:59 PM
Get a haircut you emo bitch!

haha, at least i can be emo over shit, unlike you who fucking "gloats" about working as a fucking parts salesman at honda... i know people who are at the same position as you, and didnt even graduate high school. so go fuck yourself.

illwill
05-09-2007, 05:01 PM
I never said the B16A makes more power.

Is your Integra the Little Mermaid Edition?:wave:

tegmister
05-09-2007, 05:06 PM
I never said the B16A makes more power.

Is your Integra the Little Mermaid Edition?:wave:

Haha, funny fag you are. what the fuck does little mermaid have to do with my car?? or are you just running out of arguments. or did the popcorn run out at your honda dealership and you dont know what your going to do now considering thats what you look forward day in and day out.

so you decide to talk shit.

illwill
05-09-2007, 05:50 PM
Go join the armed forces.

illwill
05-09-2007, 05:51 PM
What bitch I don't work @ Honda anymore. My family has millions of dollars. LOL:clap:

Keep working, maybe one day you'll have something nice.

Type-Slow
05-09-2007, 06:55 PM
The B18C was never intended for the 1990-93 Integra. It's roughly twice as expensive to buy and put in a da.

haha who cares was a k series intended for an EG? no but its a bad bitch isn't it. GSR swap and call it a day dude.

Type-Slow
05-09-2007, 06:56 PM
What bitch I don't work @ Honda anymore. My family has millions of dollars. LOL:clap: .

wow...

EatSleepJDM
05-09-2007, 09:08 PM
damn all i have to say is you guys make me laugh

EatSleepJDM
05-09-2007, 09:09 PM
go with what you want and what you have the budget for

tegmister
05-10-2007, 01:29 AM
Go join the armed forces.

why would i ?? There is no point for me when im in school and im lovin it.

What bitch I don't work @ Honda anymore. My family has millions of dollars. LOL:clap:

Keep working, maybe one day you'll have something nice.

YOU JUST FUCKING BRAGGED ABOUT HOW BAD ASSyour fucking job as a "parts salesman" was and how much you knew , and that you knew more than me , when you dont seem to know much at all, besides what you google

haha who cares was a k series intended for an EG? no but its a bad bitch isn't it. GSR swap and call it a day dude.

thankkkkkk you. ily

tegmister
05-10-2007, 01:31 AM
wow...

I know , he's so fucking rich he has owned three DA's in his lifetime.. WOWSERS.

damn all i have to say is you guys make me laugh

Ya, this fag thinks he is cool e thuggin, than he pm's me saying , "whatever."

go with what you want and what you have the budget for

wurd.

tegmister
05-10-2007, 07:13 PM
pwned.

DA_Doc
05-10-2007, 09:39 PM
haha damn theres some serious conflict in here. imo a gsr is billion times better.... b16=good GSR=better

elbowpunk
05-10-2007, 11:15 PM
w00000000000000000 .... fuckin settle everyone... im gone for like a week and DAMMMN so many negitive post... and stick to the fuckin topic

DA_Doc
05-11-2007, 12:59 AM
w00000000000000000 .... fuckin settle everyone... im gone for like a week and DAMMMN so many negitive post... and stick to the fuckin topic

word. regulate up in this beast :you rock: :you rock:

tegmister
05-11-2007, 01:00 AM
lol.