PDA

View Full Version : skunk 2 camber kit vs ingals?

DC2lsvtec
04-17-2007, 05:27 PM
whats up people...right now on my 01' teg I am ridin a skunk2 front and rear camber
kit. The back is awesome, but the front just rides horrible with how low the stance is of my car. It bottoms out constantly! So I am going to pick up an (ingals (sp?) kit instead, since it doesnt replace the upper control arm like the skunk2, I think it will fix the problem?...any input comments would be appreciated or if you know of a better front camber kit let me know please! Thanks, Greg

ILIKETODRIVE
04-17-2007, 05:42 PM
I have and love the Progress Group camber kit. It keeps the stock upper arm and replaces the upper bushings with non-adjustable pre-set camber settings.

http://progressauto.com/store/images/C.JPG

One side gives you +0.75 degrees of camber, the other gives you +1.75 degrees. Only use the side that gives you +1.75 if you are ultra slammed or else you'll probably rub.

YewllowDA
04-17-2007, 06:19 PM
never slips....

ILIKETODRIVE
04-17-2007, 06:24 PM
never slips....

DING DING DING! :thumbup:

YewllowDA
04-17-2007, 06:27 PM
where could you buy em?

ILIKETODRIVE
04-17-2007, 06:45 PM
You can buy them straight from Progress but they are a little bit more expensive.

Neebs
04-17-2007, 09:21 PM
whats up people...right now on my 01' teg I am ridin a skunk2 front and rear camber
kit. The back is awesome, but the front just rides horrible with how low the stance is of my car. It bottoms out constantly! So I am going to pick up an (ingals (sp?) kit instead, since it doesnt replace the upper control arm like the skunk2, I think it will fix the problem?...any input comments would be appreciated or if you know of a better front camber kit let me know please! Thanks, Greg

Really? My Skunk2 doesn't slip or bottom out at all. I am lowerd 3" too.

Do you have the newest version of the camber kit?

onefst91hatch
04-18-2007, 12:23 AM
Really? My Skunk2 doesn't slip or bottom out at all. I am lowerd 3" too.

Do you have the newest version of the camber kit?

thats what i was wondering. maybe you need new struts or something. cuz i mean if its gonna bottom out it will do it with either upper control arm.

DC2lsvtec
04-18-2007, 09:06 AM
I have brand new tokico blues all they way around, also k sport LCA, skunk2 front/ rear camber kit, cusco front lower tie, carbing rear lower tie bar, this is why i am dissappointed i have a lot of time and money into my suspension...the skunk2 front kit that replaces the control arm is thicker and has those hex bolts on top that stick up and hit the fender well when you hit the smallest of bumps!...my cars dropped about 3.5" didnt know here were multiple verssions of this kit?! about that progress kit does that do its job as far as correcting the camber and it never slips? and prices?

BlueTeg
04-18-2007, 10:30 AM
but the front just rides horrible with how low the stance is of my car. It bottoms out constantly! So I am going to pick up an (ingals (sp?) kit instead, since it doesnt replace the upper control arm like the skunk2, I think it will fix the problem?.

The poor ride quality will not improve with a different kit if you are already hitting the control arm. The Skunk2 tuner series (which is what you have the allen bolts need to be adjusted from the top of the control arm) isn't too much higher than a stock arm. You'll most likely have the same problem with the ingalls kit.

What springs are you on? What rate are they?

If you want to keep your current ride height I would recommend getting a stiffer spring AND a shock that is valved to handle the stiffer spring rate.
OR
Raise you vehicle (if you're on coilovers) an inch and replace the shocks with something cheap/off the shelf.

CRX_N/a beast
04-18-2007, 10:42 AM
i just had sum ingalls installd in my rex so far so good :)

tokyospeedpros
04-18-2007, 11:21 AM
Professional/Personal opinion. I have seen many ingalls kits crack and/or break. I do not like the quality. Never had issues with Skunk2. The tokiko Blues are not made to take more than a 1inch drop. The new Skunk2 Sport struts take up to a 4inch drop. I can virtually guarantee that your struts are blown as almost every last tokiko that came through here lowered on was blown.
Progress does make a good product as well in my opinion.

DC2lsvtec
04-18-2007, 11:35 AM
fuck...really blues only allow for a 1 inch drop thats rediculous!!! totally sucks...however on the other hand my boys del sol has the same camber kit and hes rollin stock struts and has the same problem?!

DC2lsvtec
04-18-2007, 11:46 AM
allen head bolts from skunk2 camber kit bottoming out is making visual dents on the inside fender well when i look in the engine bay. stock upper control arm never bottom out nearly as bad!!

DC2lsvtec
04-18-2007, 12:05 PM
dont know spring ratings they were on when I bought the car (Goldline springs,) my boy cut them though so my car sits about 3.5" drop

DC2lsvtec
04-18-2007, 01:11 PM
alright thinkin it through and figuring it out it really makes sense what TSP said about the struts, I am really pissed cause i just got theese like 2 months ago...but i guess shit happens!

TysCb7
04-18-2007, 01:22 PM
I've had ingalls on my accord for over 5 years without one hitch. They have been perfect, they never slip. I Just greased the bushings about two weeks ago. :)

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c194/tyscb7/P1010002.jpg

BlueTeg
04-18-2007, 03:47 PM
alright thinkin it through and figuring it out it really makes sense what TSP said about the struts, I am really pissed cause i just got theese like 2 months ago...but i guess shit happens!

That's what happens when you cut coils / lower the car too much.

I'd recommend new springs and better shocks.

onefst91hatch
04-18-2007, 04:49 PM
That's what happens when you cut coils / lower the car too much.

I'd recommend new springs and better shocks.

X2. get new struts and dont EVER cut springs. if you want it lower buy new springs or get some good coil overs.

DC2lsvtec
04-19-2007, 09:52 AM
thanks for all the help folks!!

LatinEM1
04-23-2007, 10:07 AM
My bro latindc2 had the same problem, so he took off the skunk2 camber and put back the stocks....he said he reasearched on ht.com and found the car dont really need camber kits, they mainly used or recomment for ppl that do road race, he has skunk2 coil he raised it a little and took it to network alignment and now hes happy the steering and driving is stiff not loose and the tech said the camber and toe were off and now they are within spec. On your case u too low, get new springs or coils, put back your stock arms and align it...

Revhard2003
04-23-2007, 10:34 AM
X2. get new struts and dont EVER cut springs. if you want it lower buy new springs or get some good coil overs.

Just to emphasize further never cut springs it's not worth it in the long run and in some cases like this not worth it now.

There's no shame in the game though some backyard booggie tricks are worth it and some just put you two steps back.

Hope everything comes together for your in the end; keep us posted on the fix.