PDA

View Full Version : B16 in crx..... more problems

91teg
04-19-2007, 12:18 AM
I just got my crx up and going.... replaced the clutch... throw out bearing and put an ACT lightened flywheel on. The clutch cable was really hard to put on the transmission, i had to loosen the bracket on the top part of the trans to get the cable where it needed to be and then put the bracket back where it was. The car doesnt go into gear unless its off and you start it with the car in gear and it tries to move forward.... i have no idea what it could be.... any help would be helpful! Thanks

Type - O
04-19-2007, 12:29 AM
your clutch isnt dis-enaging. make sure your tranny cable is hooked up right. they might be a kink. or your clutch might be toast. is it a new clutch

91teg
04-19-2007, 01:44 AM
new clutch, new t-o bearing, new pilot bearing, new flywheel.

91teg
04-19-2007, 11:10 AM
no ideas?

2poor2tune
04-19-2007, 11:11 AM
my guess would be you did somthing wrong. but the only way you could fix this out side of the tranny is to adjust the clutch cable. i little thing should be there to spin up and down. try both ways and get back to us.

sr51crx
04-20-2007, 12:33 PM
if iti snt goin into gear when on u may have over tighthen da cable or da clutch isnt alligned perfectley did u use da clutch alligment tool when u put da tranny onto da motor

caliguycrx
04-20-2007, 12:53 PM
Ask "TAGE" he'll know whats up !!! can gurantee it .....

onefst91hatch
04-25-2007, 11:59 PM
if iti snt goin into gear when on u may have over tighthen da cable or da clutch isnt alligned perfectley did u use da clutch alligment tool when u put da tranny onto da motor

if you over tighten the cable then it will go into gear but no disengage all the way.and if it wasnt alligned correctly the trans would not go on all the way!

ef-on-u
04-26-2007, 12:46 AM
im thinkn the thro out bering isnt workn rite

onefst91hatch
04-26-2007, 12:48 AM
im thinkn the thro out bering isnt workn rite

either that or the cable is to loose or you have a disk and pressure plate that dont match up! seent that happen in a freinds teg. he had a hydro disk and a cable pressure plate ant the clutch wasnt disengauging al the way!

91teg
04-26-2007, 07:31 PM
so i bought this act flywheel from someone on here and im wondering if its for a hydro b series? i think i might just swap it out and see what happens...

onefst91hatch
04-26-2007, 08:10 PM
so i bought this act flywheel from someone on here and im wondering if its for a hydro b series? i think i might just swap it out and see what happens...

flywheel shouldnt matter if its hydro or cable.

91teg
04-26-2007, 08:16 PM
the clutch i put in there was a XTD stage one off ebay... i called them and they said that it has to be something i did.... i lined everything up like it was sposta... if you try to put the trans on the engine and the clutch isnt misaligned then it wont go on right? so i apparently had it lined up there... im stumped

onefst91hatch
04-26-2007, 08:18 PM
the clutch i put in there was a XTD stage one off ebay... i called them and they said that it has to be something i did.... i lined everything up like it was sposta... if you try to put the trans on the engine and the clutch isnt misaligned then it wont go on right? so i apparently had it lined up there... im stumped

are you sure you didnt put the disk in backwards? lol

The President
04-26-2007, 09:49 PM
i've had this same problem with a street bike, it was just the clutch cable, it was streched so far that the clutch wouldn't dis-engage, i replaced the cable and wa-la...

91teg
04-27-2007, 01:25 AM
i changed the cable.... tomorrow is the day i remove the trans and figure out what is up with it.

91teg
04-28-2007, 08:19 PM
so i pulled the clutch apart... the pressure plate is rubbing against the clutch and the throw out bearing was the problem? the spring wasnt pulling the bearing back.... it works now, but makes noise from the pressure plate....