PDA

View Full Version : Abandoned Titles?

projectaccord
04-19-2007, 02:23 PM
if i file for an abandoned title, when i get it will it be salvaged, restored salvaged, or clean? this seems to be my last resort so any input is appreciated. thanks

Neebs
04-19-2007, 02:33 PM
You never got the title from that mofo?

Chinky
04-19-2007, 02:58 PM
if i file for an abandoned title, when i get it will it be salvaged, restored salvaged, or clean? this seems to be my last resort so any input is appreciated. thanks

depends what is the status of the title now? it will stay the same clean to clean and salvaged to salvaged.

when u do it ur vehicle will need to be inspected. and from there they will decide if you get the abondoned title or not. only thing is that the abondoned will show on the title that the there is no accurate reading of the vehicles actual mileage.

so it'll stay clean. but no miles will show on the title.

projectaccord
04-19-2007, 03:16 PM
You never got the title from that mofo?

nope. he gave me half the money and ive been waiting for the rest. so i figured if i can keep the title clean when filing for an abandoned title, ill just do that and put the money into it or something. the guys a doosh bag so fuck him.

projectaccord
04-19-2007, 03:18 PM
depends what is the status of the title now? it will stay the same clean to clean and salvaged to salvaged.

when u do it ur vehicle will need to be inspected. and from there they will decide if you get the abondoned title or not. only thing is that the abondoned will show on the title that the there is no accurate reading of the vehicles actual mileage.

so it'll stay clean. but no miles will show on the title.

the guy i bought it from claims i was clean, but its never been registered in arizona. he lost the title in the mail when he was getting it over here from california, and thats why im in this situation. its been 9 months and i cant even call the car mine.

Neebs
04-19-2007, 03:36 PM
Did you ask the guy if he could make a duplicate of the title?

Chinky
04-19-2007, 03:44 PM
Did you ask the guy if he could make a duplicate of the title?

x2

Neebs
04-19-2007, 04:33 PM
There might be a copy at his DMV, but I'm not sure. You just need a photo ID and like $6.00 to get it.

As for filing an abandon title, it could be either, but it gets you driving the car.

If you plan on selling the car and someone ask why it has that type of title, just explain that some stupid mofo lost the actual title in the mail.

projectaccord
04-19-2007, 04:56 PM
x2

thats what ive been trying to do but he owes $227 dollars for not having it registered in california for a couple years. ive been waiting for the money for some time now and im pissed off. i figured id file for an abandoned title cuz i want a hatch anyways.

Neebs
04-19-2007, 05:24 PM
What a dick. I think thats the reason why doesn't want to give you the title b/c of the fee. I'm guessing you don't want to pay the $227 dollar fee either.

I don't know if you can do it here in Arizona, but you can have a court order asking him to give up the title. I think by law, he must give up the title.

mooshin
04-19-2007, 05:55 PM
Moved to the Lounge. Also gave it a thread title that makes sense.

projectaccord
04-19-2007, 07:25 PM
^^ thank you sir. the guy gave me $100 so far, but it was almost a month ago. if i had the $227 i would have paid for it by now and had the car gone too. i just dont want the title to come back salvaged if i file for an abandoned title.

Tweeder
04-19-2007, 10:45 PM
GET A BONDED TITLE

When I bought my car it didnt have a title and it was registered in California but everything was lagit (dAMN did I feel stupid for buying it later). So the only way I could get the title was to either get a salvage title (and drop the value of the car 2 grand) or to get a bonded title (PAIN IN THE ASSSSSSS!!!!)

so thats what I would suggest is getting a bonded title. first you have to get a level 1 inspection, pass emission, fill out a bunch of stupid paper work, send a letter to what ever state the car is registers in, THEN send a letter to the original owner, AND THEN get the bond for the title from an insurence agency (ususally around $30-$80) then take that to DMV and FINALLY get the title!!!
it a pain in the ass but DAMN its easier that getting a salvage title AND your car still retains value. but it does take a while

HAVE FUN!!

projectaccord
04-19-2007, 10:54 PM
GET A BONDED TITLE

When I bought my car it didnt have a title and it was registered in California but everything was lagit (dAMN did I feel stupid for buying it later). So the only way I could get the title was to either get a salvage title (and drop the value of the car 2 grand) or to get a bonded title (PAIN IN THE ASSSSSSS!!!!)

so thats what I would suggest is getting a bonded title. first you have to get a level 1 inspection, pass emission, fill out a bunch of stupid paper work, send a letter to what ever state the car is registers in, THEN send a letter to the original owner, AND THEN get the bond for the title from an insurence agency (ususally around $30-$80) then take that to DMV and FINALLY get the title!!!
it a pain in the ass but DAMN its easier that getting a salvage title AND your car still retains value. but it does take a while

HAVE FUN!!

i already went through that process and it bombed. the only way i could have finished it and got the title was if the bank that had the lein on the car was out of business. the guy paid the car off and there isnt a lien on it anymore because i have paperwork showing it. i was almost done with it and that came up. so are you saying the title will come out salvaged if i file for an abandoned title?