PDA

View Full Version : the defintion of rice in one sentence.

HEADSHOT
04-20-2007, 11:21 AM
im trying to capture the meaning of rice. in a short statement that accuratly describes the meaning.

my take.

a part put on a car that niether adds performance, increases value of the vehicle or is of inferior inferior quality to that of the original manufactered part.

any tweeks needed here??

discuss

boostedrex
04-20-2007, 11:27 AM
bodykits,z3 fenders, any other then oem wings, roof scoops,eurolights, projector headlights, car decales,colored tint, pretty much anything seen in fast and the furious

ef9sleeper
04-20-2007, 11:29 AM
One tweek "origonal" is supposed to be original.

*inFamous*
04-20-2007, 11:29 AM
NEON!

sorry i spazzed

ef9sleeper
04-20-2007, 11:31 AM
I have a personal vendetta against roof scoops since the game nfs most wanted, they make you rice your car to pass levels, roof scoops are sooooooo gay.

YewllowDA
04-20-2007, 11:32 AM
need for speed

jdmSurge
04-20-2007, 11:33 AM
yeah uber loud exhaust on stock slow ass cars!!..17 inch rims on cars that come oem with 15s conversions like egs with integra front end wtf!!

HEADSHOT
04-20-2007, 11:34 AM
what im trying to find is the actual defintion of rice.. like if it dosent meet a few characteristics. then it is rice.

Type - O
04-20-2007, 11:34 AM
chrome paint

*inFamous*
04-20-2007, 11:35 AM
rice : cereal grass (Oryza sativa) that is cultivated extensively in warm climates for its edible grain.

HEADSHOT
04-20-2007, 11:35 AM
yeah uber loud exhaust on stock slow ass cars!!..17 inch rims on cars that come oem with 15s conversions like egs with integra front end wtf!!

i think we should be able to classify the loudness as quality.. no one, no matter who you are wants to listen to that all day

HEADSHOT
04-20-2007, 11:36 AM
rice : cereal grass (Oryza sativa) that is cultivated extensively in warm climates for its edible grain.

dick

boostedrex
04-20-2007, 11:36 AM
or crome rims on a honda

YewllowDA
04-20-2007, 11:38 AM

what asians eat lol:clap:

*inFamous*
04-20-2007, 11:42 AM
what asians eat lol:clap:

EXACTLY!

HEADSHOT
04-20-2007, 11:45 AM
im trying to come up something that you might find in the dictionary

Tweeder
04-20-2007, 11:47 AM

LMAO!!!!

don't for get about those sweet ass lambo doors (kidding), however I do like watching people limbo when they try to get into there car.... hahahaha

YewllowDA
04-20-2007, 11:48 AM
im trying to come up something that you might find in the dictionary
here (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=rice) - 48 definitions...

Chiodos
04-20-2007, 11:51 AM

yup! nice!

Rufus
04-20-2007, 11:53 AM
I'm eating rice right now

Chiodos
04-20-2007, 11:55 AM

i want panda

*inFamous*
04-20-2007, 11:57 AM
panda does sound good

Rufus
04-20-2007, 12:06 PM
I'm eating Pick up Stix

House Chicken Spicy!

YewllowDA
04-20-2007, 12:11 PM
fried rice ftw!!

boostedrex
04-20-2007, 01:04 PM
great now im hungry, way to go

Neebs
04-20-2007, 01:05 PM
Chicken rice.

Lazieb29
04-20-2007, 01:09 PM
i hate altezza lights! thats mad rice..

EvilSol
04-20-2007, 04:43 PM
ricers are just a bunch of attention whores

EK|B
04-20-2007, 05:58 PM
I eat rice with this:
http://www.flexistentialist.org/gallery2/d/1321-2/DSCF0115.jpg

rooster
04-20-2007, 06:08 PM
^^fuck yeah..that stuff is the shit^^Totally ownz-FTMFW!!!

1 point 6
04-20-2007, 06:43 PM
here is the end all be all definition.
"trying to be something you are not."

knockoff JDM parts, thats rice.
crazy body kits and huge wheels trying to look like a race car, thats rice.

disclaimer: there are exceptions to most rules.

LiLinsane
04-20-2007, 07:12 PM
I liked this one..

Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancements. (R.I.C.E.)

mcard
04-20-2007, 08:11 PM
show, but no go. useless parts that doesn't even help a car's performance.

MichaelKnight
04-20-2007, 08:21 PM
i hate altezza lights! thats mad rice..

There is the definition for Rice (RI-SSS): Altezza

As in: That car is soooooo Altezza

Same as we call dorks "Todds" just a nice slang that puts it all in perspective for the understanding :argue:

DeeDub
04-20-2007, 09:07 PM
what ever isnt mad jdm yo!

DJ NeX
04-20-2007, 09:14 PM
Looks fast, but is SLOW

Splashystrwbery
04-22-2007, 02:55 PM
show, but no go. useless parts that doesn't even help a car's performance.

that can be said for MOST jdm parts.

rear fog = 0hp
headlights=0hp
seats?
steering wheels?
engine bay bling bling?
rhd conversion?

2000$ wheels?
side markers?
ect.

most of these things r looks.. sure the wheels might be lighter or something.
but there r light wheels that arent. MaD Tyte JdM Yo!

rice and jdm have the same excuse.

they think it looks cool...

bmxican
04-22-2007, 03:01 PM

rear fog = 0hp
headlights=0hp
seats?
steering wheels?
engine bay bling bling?
rhd conversion?

2000$ wheels?
side markers?
ect.

where these at?

Splashystrwbery
04-22-2007, 03:17 PM
where these at?

there r non jdm wheels that are just as good.

just cause they r jdm doesn't mean anything other then u like to spend money.

it would be different if they r the ONLY kind of that wheel made, and u bought it cause u liked it.

but there r replicas of most of the wheels.

i dont see the point maybe i would if i had a couple g's to throw down on wheels. that will get stolen/ curbed/ or damaged some how.

no i still dont see the point

bmxican
04-22-2007, 03:21 PM
there r non jdm wheels that are just as good.

just cause they r jdm doesn't mean anything other then u like to spend money.

it would be different if they r the ONLY kind of that wheel made, and u bought it cause u liked it.

but there r replicas of most of the wheels.

i dont see the point maybe i would if i had a couple g's to throw down on wheels. that will get stolen/ curbed/ or damaged some how.

no i still dont see the point

ohhhh ok! I forgot rota's make the best. I thought you were saying there were superior wheels that were not replicas.

Splashystrwbery
04-22-2007, 03:29 PM
uh. i didnt say rota's made"the best"
im just saying there r comparable wheels depending on what u r trying to accomplish.

im just not gonna spend 2k so i can say "im so jdm d000d"

honduh_head
04-22-2007, 03:42 PM
uh. i didnt say rota's made"the best"
im just saying there r comparable wheels depending on what u r trying to accomplish.

im just not gonna spend 2k so i can say "im so jdm d000d"

i agree 100%

ohhhh ok! I forgot rota's make the best. I thought you were saying there were superior wheels that were not replicas.

neither of her posts even had the word "rota" in them....there are a lot of replica companies out there now, not just rota...

Splashystrwbery
04-22-2007, 03:44 PM
:snookems:

imm0rtal
04-22-2007, 03:46 PM

rear fog = 0hp
headlights=0hp
seats?
steering wheels?
engine bay bling bling?
rhd conversion?

2000$ wheels?
side markers?
ect.

they think it looks cool...I would disagree with the seats and steering wheel, since they are incredibly useful in an actual fast car but yeah, cosmetic enhancements suck like that. After all, JDM is the new rice =/

Definition of ricer: me.

Splashystrwbery
04-22-2007, 03:58 PM
I would disagree with the seats and steering wheel, since they are incredibly useful in an actual fast car but yeah, cosmetic enhancements suck like that. After all, JDM is the new rice =/

Definition of ricer: me.

i mean. a steering wheel with red stitching isnt worth it to meeeee

YewllowDA
04-22-2007, 04:02 PM
After all, JDM is the new rice.
sad but ture.

imm0rtal
04-22-2007, 04:03 PM
Well like 1 point 6 said there is an exception to every rule. Like say if you use a wheel designed for race on the street. Not really necessary, but people do it anyway :P

RacerZero
04-22-2007, 04:04 PM
anything that is done tackly, and very cheaply, and distasteful...

Daddy_Digital
04-22-2007, 04:09 PM
heres a definition for u..what we ALL liked before we opened our eyes and saw the JDM light.

JdmNateGsr
04-22-2007, 04:41 PM
Body Decals

*inFamous*
04-22-2007, 04:42 PM
^^fuck yeah..that stuff is the shit^^Totally ownz-FTMFW!!!

got a bottle of it in the fridge :)

SiR Mikey
04-22-2007, 09:47 PM

rear fog = 0hp
headlights=0hp
seats?
steering wheels?
engine bay bling bling?
rhd conversion?

2000$ wheels?
side markers?
ect.

I don't do what I do to my car to be mad JDM.

People who rock fake parts, conversion, or add JDM shit to their car to be cool are rice IMO

I don't go down to ICB and buy random "JDM" shit and throw it on my car. I buy parts specifically made for EG6's. There is not one "JDM" part on my car that you won't find in one of Matt's EG6 books. Wheels, spoiler lip, etc. I add what I add, and do what I do out of respect for the history.

I think "Mooshin" summed it up best in the Rota vs Real Wheel thread...

JDM is not a fad. It only becomes a fad when you see it as a "style" element only, and you leave that behind for something else that comes along. For a true die-hard, it's the appreciation for the roots of it all, and because it's visual style is based on OEM characteristics - it will never die. People don't find JDM and fall in love with it. It finds them. I think when you understand and appreciate the history - you begin to value it at any cost.

So, to answer the thread creators question...

Rice- When someone build their car to follow a trend

1 point 6
04-22-2007, 11:37 PM
heres a definition for u..what we ALL liked before we opened our eyes and saw the JDM light.

speak for yourself.

crtEG6
04-23-2007, 02:04 AM

even though who ever is talkin about rice...

but there still clowning on imports... so no matter what even if its stock its still rice to them....

dont get it!?!?

crtEG6
04-23-2007, 02:05 AM
speak for yourself.

lol i do say i was a little rice boy but never went pass the z3 fenders but only went on for a month or so... just like lookin clean

YewllowDA
04-23-2007, 08:15 AM
even though who ever is talkin about rice...

but there still clowning on imports... so no matter what even if its stock its still rice to them....

dont get it!?!?

yeah i know....
people esp. those honda haters, think every honda is rice. this is what really makes me hate those people where even the guys who have super fast hondas are mistakenly stereotyped as ricers. they just dont know anything about our cars and what theyre capable of, and most of the hondas that are beat up w/ fart cans, and other rice are the ones they see in everyday life.....:hithead:

xXRollinXx
04-25-2007, 11:23 AM
color tint/ projectors/ euro tails/ sucide doors

phoenicianlegend
04-25-2007, 11:56 AM
Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancements. Rice is the equivalent of a Scottsdale Mom. All plastic on top, looks great, but sounds horrible, doesn't run worth shit, and you need to keep shopping for it to keep it happy.

97BaggedDually
04-25-2007, 12:45 PM
Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancements. Rice is the equivalent of a Scottsdale Mom. All plastic on top, looks great, but sounds horrible, doesn't run worth shit, and you need to keep shopping for it to keep it happy.

x2......that shit was pretty well put

ray ray
04-26-2007, 10:05 PM
the import scene.

ive just been wondering something for awhile now i recently saw a episode of pinks all out and they were giving away 10.000 dollars to the winner.and it was being held at firebird raceway in phoenix,now ive heard tons of people"kids"saying there hatch or integra or whatever runs 10's, 11's all kinds of fast times.but yet i didnt see one damn import out there.hmmm.if your car is that fast wouldnt you be out there racing for 10.000 dollars i sure would, im seriously tired of the unrealizm in the import scene.i use to really like it but once my eyes were opened and i truely saw that the performance i was expecting was not possible.it ended very quickly.

just my 2 cents guys but it seems every 2 months something new is rice.i just think it all is.

Daddy_Digital
04-26-2007, 10:10 PM
go to this website..the cars on this site says it all..

http://www.ricecop.com/

SiR Mikey
04-27-2007, 01:08 AM
the import scene.

ive just been wondering something for awhile now i recently saw a episode of pinks all out and they were giving away 10.000 dollars to the winner.and it was being held at firebird raceway in phoenix,now ive heard tons of people"kids"saying there hatch or integra or whatever runs 10's, 11's all kinds of fast times.but yet i didnt see one damn import out there.hmmm.if your car is that fast wouldnt you be out there racing for 10.000 dollars i sure would, im seriously tired of the unrealizm in the import scene.i use to really like it but once my eyes were opened and i truely saw that the performance i was expecting was not possible.it ended very quickly.

just my 2 cents guys but it seems every 2 months something new is rice.i just think it all is.

True true brotha man

91DA9
04-27-2007, 09:01 AM
If I have an 06 Xb with an aftermarket spoiler, "carbon fiber 'style'" grille, cheapy window visors(got them for free), and I'm still working on removing the rear wiper(haven't taken out the motor yet, so the wiper mount still sticks out the rear), with no tint, stock wheels, and stock suspension(it's HIGH), would that be considered rice? Don't really care, I like it, just wanted opinions...All parts are shown below.

1 point 6
04-27-2007, 09:07 AM
If I have an 06 Xb with an aftermarket spoiler, "carbon fiber 'style'" grille, cheapy window visors(got them for free), and I'm still working on removing the rear wiper(haven't taken out the motor yet, so the wiper mount still sticks out the rear), with no tint, stock wheels, and stock suspension(it's HIGH), would that be considered rice? Don't really care, I like it, just wanted opinions...All parts are shown below.

sell me your BBist wing.

Chinky
04-27-2007, 09:09 AM

:clap:

91DA9
04-27-2007, 09:23 AM
sell me your BBist wing.

Sorry bro, that thing is staying on the car for a while...If I ever do decide to sell it, I'll let you know. I'm not painting the top like a lot of guys do so it will stay unmolested as long as I have it.

Chinky
04-27-2007, 10:31 AM
the woo.

owequitit
04-27-2007, 02:32 PM
the import scene.

The performance that was impossible, or that you were unable/unwilling to acheive?

I know what I have seen with my own eyes. It can and has been done.

Does every Honda run 10's?

Nope.

But then again neither does every muscle car, hot rod, Mustang, Camaro, Viper, Vette, Merc or Bimmer.

Smokinsax
04-27-2007, 04:01 PM
anything that is done tackly, and very cheaply, and distasteful...

this is very close to the definition that i was going to give. :thumbup:

ray ray
04-27-2007, 04:20 PM
The performance that was impossible, or that you were unable/unwilling to acheive?

I know what I have seen with my own eyes. It can and has been done.

Does every Honda run 10's?

Nope.

But then again neither does every muscle car, hot rod, Mustang, Camaro, Viper, Vette, Merc or Bimmer.

yep and people just love making excuses for them.my only point is that there just another car not the holy grail to live by.

im not saying there not great cars, they are,there just not the fastest damn thing on the planet.

doesnt matter to me every since i sold my hondas you've acted like you were pissed off at me oh well.i cant help that.

my biggest reason for getting out was because of all the b.s. that goes along with them.everyone thinks you wanna race them or that you are a street racer idiot,or you have to continually worry about your stuff getting jacked by some low life piece.and posting on almost any website or going to any meet opens you and your car up for theft.too much b.s.

plus your not cool or in with the cool crowd unless you have this or that.high school b.s.

i thought our friendship was more than just because i drove a honda.i guess not.oh well this dumb redneck will just go build a muscle car or whatever else.

SiR Mikey
04-27-2007, 04:43 PM
i thought our friendship was more than just because i drove a honda.i guess not.oh well this dumb redneck will just go build a muscle car or whatever else.

I'll join you in your next build! ;) Just need to find a car/sell mine.

ray ray
04-27-2007, 06:18 PM
let me know when youre ready to go look at some mike i'll come down and go with you.ive learned what to look for now.lol.

and dont worry guys.you guys have rice, we have saurekraut.lol.ive seen some nasty stuff on bimmers already.lol.

1SIKS2K
05-02-2008, 05:39 PM
TTMFT People, figured everyone else bumping old shit, at least this is mildly entertaining.

taggart_lumpy
05-02-2008, 05:45 PM
an edible grain

usdm420
05-02-2008, 05:48 PM
Rice is a lame ass term that is now used by the masses to describe anything they do not find "worthy" of their JDM-ness.

teemfedx
05-02-2008, 05:57 PM
over-exagerated modifications to the exterior of a car to appear faster before modifications are made to the propulsion system of a car for speed.

vietorious1
05-03-2008, 12:46 PM

good shit...lol

honduh_head
05-03-2008, 01:30 PM
over-exagerated modifications to the exterior of a car to appear faster before modifications are made to the propulsion system of a car for speed.

lol me likey that one ^

[C3R] Corey
05-03-2008, 01:39 PM
lol me likey that one ^

Hey I like ur avatar. U just get that hahaha.
:offtopic2:

honduh_head
05-03-2008, 01:44 PM
Hey I like ur avatar. U just get that hahaha.
:offtopic2:

haha ooops. yeah just added it. sorry i'll change it

honduh_head
05-03-2008, 01:46 PM
k thats better lol

GSRHONDA
05-07-2008, 12:09 AM
Rice is a lame ass term that is now used by the masses to describe anything they do not find "worthy" of their JDM-ness.

I completely agree! Rice is (IMO) all about the owner of the car.

Posers=Rice.

If your like me and like a little flash on your ride, aint nuthin wrong with that. Thats what makes the import scene what it is, everyone is different. This whole movement (and its temporary people) to make your car look bare bones stock is just a trend that will pass and it will go back to flash again. But who cares what other people drive, worry about yourself. With that said, if you slapped some auto zone shit on your car to make it look "custom" and you don't even know how to change your oil, then YOUR RICE!! I've seen cars out there that you guys would define as rice that would stomp you on the track. People do what you want. If you know your car, know what your doing and respect the scene... then it doesnt matter what fenders you have.

JDM is a fad and then it will be something else and all you JDM peeps will be "rice". So might as well get over it now. Labels are for kids and cops.

Smoot
05-07-2008, 12:26 AM
There is no such thing as "Rice." People have their own styles and YOU nor anyone else should judge someone based on thier own style.

LiLinsane
05-07-2008, 11:46 AM
RICE is the ZEN of modifying cars with total disregard of the YING and YANG balance

just-a-hoe
05-07-2008, 01:02 PM
i just had panda, rice and orange chicken so goooooooooodd

jus-lookn03
05-07-2008, 01:27 PM
LAMBO DOORS N EXHAUST ON AUTOMATICS:dumbass::pissed: