PDA

View Full Version : Well graduation is a week away. Anyone have any job openings?

Manga_Spawn
04-20-2007, 03:01 PM
So I am graduating from ASU in about 2 weeks with a BS in Economics and am looking for jobs. I need something with good pay and benefits and would really like something car related. If anyone's company is looking for people please LMK where I can apply. I am on monster if you would like to see my resume.

http://my.monster.com/Resume/RenderResume.aspx

I have plenty of retail/sales/managment experiance so please PM me or email me at soundwave762@hotmail.com

Thanks for helping out.

honduh_head
04-20-2007, 03:16 PM
PM me, I work for a fortune 500 company and we need people all the time...starting pay is $32k, on up to over $100k + if you are qualified...

Manga_Spawn
04-20-2007, 03:36 PM
You got PM man. Hit me up with that info!! Anyone else?

EK|B
04-20-2007, 03:54 PM
Lucky!

Manga_Spawn
04-20-2007, 03:56 PM
For what graduating? Hell I worked my ass off for this!!! :)

Nedaaaah
04-20-2007, 05:30 PM
For what graduating? Hell I worked my ass off for this!!! :)
no offense the the man but graduating from college isnt a given thing you must give up alot of luxuries while in college so you can hopefully redeem yourself after school.
college is still gay IMO, but if I want to keep making money I gotta keep going :devil:

sssmokin05si
04-20-2007, 05:35 PM
no offense the the man but graduating from college isnt a given thing you must give up alot of luxuries while in college so you can hopefully redeem yourself after school.
college is still gay IMO, but if I want to keep making money I gotta keep going :devil:

Yeah, well. I will laugh when I'm in competition for a job and I have a degree, the other doesn't, and I get the job. SUCKS it is that way, but hey, if you want to disagree....just try it out. Proven fact college graduates pay rate is much more than the less educated.

As far as a job, just get in somewhere to start out but don't settle. You will end up most likely switch a few times before you get somewhere you would like to stay. Good luck, and congrats.

Nedaaaah
04-20-2007, 09:08 PM
^^ Its also a proven fact that employers will hire someone who is currently attending a higher education institution than those who arent...the learn/apply scenario

whitetrash
04-21-2007, 08:04 AM
Bro...go on to career services on blackboard to search for jobs. Also, search for major companies in the phoenix area. I graduate in May with a BS in finance from W.P. Carey and I dont have a job yet so I am in the same situation that you are in. Thats what I have been doing and I have a couple interviews with major companies. What jobs are you wanting to apply to?

whitetrash
04-21-2007, 08:05 AM
Are you at ASU main?

Manga_Spawn
04-21-2007, 04:10 PM
Yes I am.

JDMitation
04-21-2007, 04:19 PM
arent u supposed to get job offers and stuff before u graduate school?

Manga_Spawn
04-22-2007, 11:20 AM
I have 3 interviews this week and one the following week so yes I have already had a few interviews. I was just asking people on here if their companies were hiring. Plus by going though people here I can ask them question like do you like your job and get an honest answer.

Ah well I have gained a few useful things from this thread. THanks to those that actually helped and didn't just talk out their ass.

sssmokin05si
04-22-2007, 11:34 AM
I will be in search for awile before I graduate. Sounds like you have already taken the right path in getting job experience though. Many just go through school with no job experience in the process and they have a horrible time picking up a first job.

DJ NeX
05-01-2007, 05:01 PM
I saw j000 driving home from school today...you were checking out an EG coupe with gold wheels :P

Manga_Spawn
05-01-2007, 05:32 PM
Yeah I was!! Hah I was wonder who that was. Nice car man!!

imm0rtal
05-01-2007, 05:36 PM
arent u supposed to get job offers and stuff before u graduate school?Simply put: no.

While in school you have to network your ass off, get as much experience as possible, and then utilize your networking once you graduate to hopefully land a job in the field you want to work in.

DJ NeX
05-01-2007, 11:27 PM
Yeah I was!! Hah I was wonder who that was. Nice car man!!

Actually that wasn't me in the red EG coupe. I was on your right side riding undercover. I never take my hatchy out there. But your car was lookin' sick.

Splashystrwbery
05-02-2007, 02:44 AM
arent u supposed to get job offers and stuff before u graduate school?

with my school, i have to start working on my portfolio NOW. before i have even taken ANY animation classes. i have to have life drawing pics, painting, video ect.. examples of my work from every class i will take, employers are constanly looking @ my portfolio and writting my name down, and watching my studies, and getting ready for when i graduate in almost 2 years!!

i have to make sure everything in there is perfect or i might not get a job!

i hope i get job offers...

Blue92teg
05-02-2007, 04:16 AM
Congrats on graduating and GL with finding a job that'll pay well

sssmokin05si
05-02-2007, 08:00 AM
Simply put: no.

While in school you have to network your ass off, get as much experience as possible, and then utilize your networking once you graduate to hopefully land a job in the field you want to work in.

B to the INGO. Networking, networking, networking.

imm0rtal
05-02-2007, 08:54 AM
B to the INGO. Networking, networking, networking.A lot of students just don't realize that you don't get offers out of college unless you are either A) extremely lucky, or B) your school has endorsements with the companies. You have to work your ass off meeting people and getting your foot in the door. It's a lot of work and a lot of time (now people know why I don't get home until 9pm every night), but it really pays off to have contacts you can call when you're out of school :thumbup:

Kutsuju Racing Pres
05-02-2007, 09:12 AM
Yeah educations are nice but you still have to pay for them! hahaha! my wife has a Master's and I was 11 years active duty and still made more money w/ full benefits and tax breaks and I don't owe $50G's...well I guess I do because I married her! HAHAHA!

but it's cool cause in about 4 years she'll be pulling in over 60G's on her own! hahaha! and I'll be she'll be my sugar mama!

moral of the story! yes go to school!

DJ NeX
05-02-2007, 09:27 AM
A degree is important, but what pretty much everyone is saying, its all about WHO you know. Everywhere I go, I'm constantly networking, finding out what fields people are in and getting to know them. I know that I'm probably not going to be looking for a job in these fields, but it is still good know about them b/c you never know what kind of curve ball life is going to throw at you.

sssmokin05si
05-02-2007, 09:34 AM
A degree is important, but what pretty much everyone is saying, its all about WHO you know. Everywhere I go, I'm constantly networking, finding out what fields people are in and getting to know them. I know that I'm probably not going to be looking for a job in these fields, but it is still good know about them b/c you never know what kind of curve ball life is going to throw at you.

And that is the best thing you can do for yourself. Knowing people has gotten me every job I have had so far besides one. Education is very important, but if you aren't outgoing and willing to put yourself out there, I'm willing you say you'd never reach your full potential.

Anyways, good luck man, and keep us updated.

Manga_Spawn
05-02-2007, 04:04 PM
Well I think I have a job lined up. I have a second interview friday so we will se how it goes. Doesn't pay exactly what I want right out of the box but it looks like 40K may be possible by the end of the year. Wish me luck guys!

honduh_head
05-02-2007, 04:05 PM
Elliot, did they ever get back to you? I submitted your resume twice.

Manga_Spawn
05-02-2007, 04:08 PM
No I never heard from them. But its all good. I found something I am really interested in and have the second interview friday. I am fairly sure I will get it.

veryslowb16
05-02-2007, 09:28 PM
Nice man. I just had 2 interviews, one yesterday and the other today. I already got a call back for a 2nd interview for one of them. Both of them are larger corporations.