PDA

View Full Version : FN P90/PS90 with SS190 ammunition.

sssmokin05si
04-23-2007, 08:32 AM
So I was at my buddies house last night, and his dad as a small army of handguns, as well as a good collection of rifles and shotguns. I am impressed with any gun he ever buys. Well, my buddy tells us about his dad's new toy so we went to check it out. I was amazed so I thought I'd share with ya'll.

It is the FN Herstal Ps90. It was produced as an automatic rifle-LIKE hand gun, but obviouslly semi-auto for here in the states. It shoots rifle like ammuntion and has a 50 round clip, that weighs 6.5lbs with a full clip. Anyways, the part I was most blown away by is what a lot of this video is about. He got his hands on it before they were banned, it's ammuntion for this gun and it's matching handgun that will go through a bullet proof vest front and back at up to 200 yards. I was blown away that at the time of its release, this ammuniton existed here. ANYWAYS, check out the vid....worth the watch IMO.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=iyJEEISVTd4

sssmokin05si
04-23-2007, 08:33 AM
Thing has no damn recoil haha!

RhdRicheeee
04-23-2007, 09:06 AM
My sk3 video player is acting up

(Must watch it when I get home)

EPthree04
04-23-2007, 11:12 AM
sick vid! that was fucking badass when the guy was shooting with 2 of them!

taggart_lumpy
04-23-2007, 12:45 PM
wow

dougvtect
04-23-2007, 01:14 PM
P90's are bad ass. I remember them from when I played CS.

sssmokin05si
04-23-2007, 04:02 PM
I was holding it with a full clip and BLOWN away that it only weighed 6.5 lbs with 150 rounds...thats insane.

Stealthy
04-23-2007, 04:13 PM
Such a balleR close combat and personal protection weapon.. I'd love to have one.

sssmokin05si
04-23-2007, 04:54 PM
Such a balleR close combat and personal protection weapon.. I'd love to have one.

Yeah but isn't that scary...if he has that ammunition for it before it's ban, think of who else does.

Stealthy
04-23-2007, 05:00 PM
Yeah but isn't that scary...if he has that ammunition for it before it's ban, think of who else does.

True.. But that could go for anything, and just because it was ban doesn't mean that others still don't have it..

Cereal_Killer
04-23-2007, 06:33 PM
if you guys ever get a chance to match Future weapons. there is a New SUB machine H&K the Mp7A1...shoots rounds that are somewhere in between a 9mm hand gun round and a 5.56 out of an M16/m4a1. from what i remeber from the show. it has lilttle to no recoil and apparently designeng it to be used by snipers to carry in stead of a hand gun.

pretty nasty lil setup if you ask me...
Specs can be found here....
http://www.hk-usa.com/le_mp7a1_specs.html
http://www.hk-usa.com/images/products/law_enforcement/mp7_a1/general/mp7_01_1.jpg
"The HK MP7A1 and the 4.6 x 30mm family of high performance ammunition were developed to provide penetration and lethality approaching that of an assault rifle in a package small and portable enough to be carried like a handgun. Adopted by the German special operations unit KSK or Kommando Spezialkräfte in 2002, the MP7A1 is now available to U.S. military and law enforcement organizations.
"

sssmokin05si
04-24-2007, 03:50 PM
True.. But that could go for anything, and just because it was ban doesn't mean that others still don't have it..

Of course man, shit he had 1500 rounds of the ammunition still. I am saying it is scary that it is still out there/ever was out there.

crzy_one
04-25-2007, 10:30 AM
Of course man, shit he had 1500 rounds of the ammunition still. I am saying it is scary that it is still out there/ever was out there.

The SS190 was not imported much, though law enforcement and military still have the ability to get it any time. I have seen adds on different gun sites for it, mostly ends up being miss labeled ss192/195 which are the hollow points.

Some people reload 5.7 with .224 caliber full metal jackets but often they use a heavier grain bullet such as the 55 grain which is cheap and easy to find but since its heaver it will not perform the same as the original 23 grain projectile.

I bought a 5.7 USG on my 21st birthday, it’s a pistol that shoots the same caliber and has a 20 round MAGAZINE. The thing was great too shoot at night, made a huge fire ball. The gun is so accurate and like the p90/ps90 the recoil doesn’t exist. It’s hard to find a pistol that has a flat trajectory at 100 yards and can even be accurate up to that point. Some body guards/service men have used them to engage hostiles with ak47s at 100 yards successfully.

The only ammo I have actually seen for sale was the ss192 (28 grain hollow point), ss195(same as 192 but led free primer), and then the ss196/197 which are polymer tipped 40 grain "practice" ammo.

And for what its worth the ss192/195 will go through soft armor (bullet proof vests)...

More info on the 5.7, I think im going to get another one soon since I still have ammo sitting around and loved it sooooo much...

http://www.remtek.com/arms/fn/57/index.htm

DrewDown
04-25-2007, 11:32 AM
I want a Five-seveN but want to get my HK USP first. A buddy at work has one though. But he doesnt shoot it because I guess it was one of the very first ones imported so its sort of collectible.