PDA

View Full Version : muscle vs import

2000si
04-23-2007, 02:21 PM
http://www.freewebs.com/highrpm/musclevsrice.htm

I Hate Import Cars
04-23-2007, 02:26 PM
I call bullshit. stock et in firebird t/a faster than firebird WS6? I have my doubts...

tegmister
04-23-2007, 02:29 PM
i didnt know they made a mitsubishi eclipse GT .

91DA9
04-23-2007, 03:56 PM
The 2004 Mustang Cobra runs about a little over a 14 second quarter stock, a Z-Tune Skyline runs faster than all those he had listed, and in the german versus domestic list he put the lingenfelter corvette as a domestic, even though it's sent off to germany to be built.

Asthmatic
04-23-2007, 03:59 PM
That site is stupid...

Stealthy
04-23-2007, 04:44 PM
I call bullshit. stock et in firebird t/a faster than firebird WS6? I have my doubts...
X2
The 2004 Mustang Cobra runs about a little over a 14 second quarter stock, a Z-Tune Skyline runs faster than all those he had listed, and in the german versus domestic list he put the lingenfelter corvette as a domestic, even though it's sent off to germany to be built.
Who said you have to send it to Germany to have Lingenfelter build a car?
That site is stupid...

X2

honduh_head
04-23-2007, 04:57 PM
The 2004 Mustang Cobra runs about a little over a 14 second quarter stock

huh? where the fuck did you get that number??? i have personally seen stock cobras run 12.90's

a Z-Tune Skyline runs faster than all those he had listed

and? it was a limited production vehicle that would cost well over $100,00 here in the states...

and in the german versus domestic list he put the lingenfelter corvette as a domestic, even though it's sent off to germany to be built.

are you high???

Lingenfelter's contact info:
Lingenfelter Performance Engineering, Inc.
1557 Winchester Road
Decatur, IN 46733
260.724.2552 Phone
260.724.8761 Fax
United States of America

link: http://www.lingenfelter.com/cu.htm
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

with that said....that site is gay...they listed a 98 Civic Si...
the time with the regular t/a has to be a misprint

gcboy90
04-23-2007, 04:59 PM
pwnd

fivesfe
04-23-2007, 05:01 PM
its funny how he compares these 2.0 litre engines to rediculous 500-700hp 9litre engines, that are probably hardly ever found in anything.

its just funny how he compares these badass rare muscle cars to the common 4 cylinder that can be had for 2000dollars.

its obvious that a bigger engine is a better platform to start off with, but that doesnt mean that these smaller engines arent able to creat the same amount of power/speed/or trap times.

In my opinion anyone who descriminates about a car just because where it was made at is an idiot, that has no knowledge about cars

fivesfe
04-23-2007, 05:03 PM
huh? where the fuck did you get that number??? i have personally seen stock cobras run 12.90's

ive seen stock cobra's run high 13.s all night

honduh_head
04-23-2007, 05:37 PM

i bet you have (i've seen the same thing)...an experienced driver will get that car to run a 12.90...on radials and a pulley you're knockin on the door of 11's...i mean christ they have a 390 hp SUPERCHARGED V8....

Relix
04-23-2007, 06:08 PM
It doesn't make sense to compare the two.. Each is in a differant class.. Comparing a FWD to a RWD? AWD to either FWD or RWD. 4cylinder to a 6 or an 8 or 10 or 12.. N/A verse forced induction..

It's silly to compare stock to modified...

Anything that can be done to a little engine can be done to a big engine.. The advantage goes to the bigger engine IMHO..

Almost without exception the guuy with the deeper pockets is going to win..

Stealthy
04-23-2007, 06:12 PM
It doesn't make sense to compare the two.. Each is in a differant class.. Comparing a FWD to a RWD? AWD to either FWD or RWD. 4cylinder to a 6 or an 8 or 10 or 12.. N/A verse forced induction..

It's silly to compare stock to modified...

Anything that can be done to a little engine can be done to a big engine.. The advantage goes to the bigger engine IMHO..

Almost without exception the guuy with the deeper pockets is going to win..

This is true.

honduh_head
04-23-2007, 06:24 PM

these mods got this guy to run a 12.08 on street tires this last saturday....

bassani catted x, with slp lm1 cat back. upper pulley, chip, tune (kick ass one at that), jlt intake, battle boxes, upper and lower control arms in the back, truetrac diff, and a a few cooling mods.

so basically header back exhaust, reflash, pulley, and solid rear axle....bam 12.08
sorry but four mods aren't going to take a car from the 14's to damn near the 11's....
because the car is already a 12 sec car to start with, and with more experience and slicks that will be an 11 sec car with damn near nothing done to it...

JDMitation
04-23-2007, 06:26 PM
going super-de-duper fast and having insane-o horsepower and then bragging about it is just a big coverup for having a small penis anyways.

honduh_head
04-23-2007, 06:33 PM
going super-de-duper fast and having insane-o horsepower and then bragging about it is just a big coverup for having a small penis anyways.

the same could be said for having some uber cool jdm rim...:clap:

96accordsir
04-23-2007, 07:34 PM
i hate that website
they should post robins car on there

AzSonicSnake
04-23-2007, 07:35 PM

hahaha. well, i am fat and white. so i guess you have some form of truth there. but that still does not explain my 04 mazda 6. lol...

as for 03-04 cobras, most times you see guys out with street tires and yea, most will be 13 second cars. especially with the irs still intact. but with some simple mods, as stated by 2000ctr, lows 12's and even 11's (once you have more experience) and highly possible. i am the guy he refrenced in his post btw. :)

honduh_head
04-23-2007, 08:05 PM
hahaha. well, i am fat and white. so i guess you have some form of truth there. but that still does not explain my 04 mazda 6. lol...

as for 03-04 cobras, most times you see guys out with street tires and yea, most will be 13 second cars. especially with the irs still intact. but with some simple mods, as stated by 2000ctr, lows 12's and even 11's (once you have more experience) and highly possible. i am the guy he refrenced in his post btw. :)

hey welcome aboard man!!

ILIKETODRIVE
04-23-2007, 08:48 PM
LOL @ Cobra's only running 14's and high 13's. They run that with some dipshit behind the wheel that can't drive.

My buddy has an '05 GT with a '03 Cobra swap and a few thing done to it. He runs 13-flat @ 120. Traction pwns him. :tongue:

AzSonicSnake
04-23-2007, 10:35 PM
Traction pwns him. :tongue:

this tends to catch up with me more times than not. just involves getting use to the car...and even then it catches up with ya. lol...

Nott_Sure
04-23-2007, 10:40 PM
Import FTW

Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera > all

Peteex
04-23-2007, 10:46 PM
this tends to catch up with me more times than not. just involves getting use to the car...and even then it catches up with ya. lol...

I assume you have an 03-04'?

I learned to drive stick on one of those, Twas fun, I stalled it twice and left it in the middle of the lot and had to get my manager to come and drive it back to the front. Almost every new owner we had come through the department stalled their car at least twice while trying to drive away from the dealership.

Is your motor much different from the motor in the same year lightning? for some reason I thought that was the 4.6? I'm probably wrong but the lightnings always felt rather lethargic off the line when compared the cobra. Just wondering.

EvolEvo
04-24-2007, 02:26 PM
The Lightning also weighs 1000lbs more.

03-04 Cobras are probably the nastiest domestic car to be made for less than 40k in the last 5 years. Simple bolt on mods will get you to the 11's

enigma94
04-24-2007, 02:36 PM
A 03-04 cobra would probably be the only later mustang i would even consider owning...

lexus_is300
04-24-2007, 03:15 PM
So basically the whole thing about is Import Vs. Muscle?... Am i right?

honduh_head
04-24-2007, 03:38 PM
A 03-04 cobra would probably be the only later mustang i would even consider owning...

i agree to that....or the cobra R if you could get one for less than 20k (which is impossible)

BTW the Lightning had a 5.4 liter

AzSonicSnake
04-24-2007, 05:26 PM
cobra r would be sweet. i really wanted one, but was just too far out of my range. especially considering that i wanted all the comforts of a daily driver, and the r's contain no radio, no a/c, and have really sweet cloth seats. lol.

the lightining is a 5.4l. and do weigh more, plus have really crappy weight transfer due to the fact that they are a truck.

oh, and yes i have a 03 cobra. and love every day of it. and actually the only time i have ever stalled it was in reverse. of course sayin that i will probably stall it the next time i drive it. lol.

and on the list, i think its lame. i mean, sure my car is on the top, but really, i even looked at that and was like wtf is the point? like people that drive all of those types of cars leave them stock for long anyways. and the driver input allways has more to do with it than anything. as it has been said, there are plenty of 13-14 second 03-04 cobras because thier drivers lack the experience. and likewise for evo guys, which always kill me honestly. they have awd and normally cannot launch worth a crapola. but then again, probably has a lot to do with experience. i know i am only now starting to make my car look half way decent going down the track. lol.

sorry for the long post....