PDA

View Full Version : frozen beer trick

Chinky
04-24-2007, 11:33 AM
anyone know how this works???

pretty cool if u ask me

link (http://emuse.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/19203)

ek-juan
04-24-2007, 11:47 AM
No but it's koooool I mean ICY COOL...........

Zero
04-24-2007, 11:53 AM
WTF how did they do that? thats cool as hell....cool trick to do to your buddies that are drinking to much....lol too good

Type - O
04-24-2007, 11:54 AM
i didnt know you could freeze beer since it has alcohol in it, and you cant freeze alcohol

Chinky
04-24-2007, 11:56 AM
i didnt know you could freeze beer since it has alcohol in it, and you cant freeze alcohol

that is true for hard liquor. cause beer has a lot of... shit in it other than alcohol.

the bottles are still capped shut. so i assume that u just throw them bitches in the freezer and then when u tap them they freeze due to the carbonation...

but i don't really know.

somebody find me the answer!

89sizc
04-24-2007, 11:58 AM
that was perty sweet i am going to have to try that this weekend.

Type - O
04-24-2007, 11:59 AM
that is true for hard liquor. cause beer has a lot of... shit in it other than alcohol.

the bottles are still capped shut. so i assume that u just throw them bitches in the freezer and then when u tap them they freeze due to the carbonation...

but i don't really know.

somebody find me the answer!

ahhh i see, thanks for the schoolin

Type - O
04-24-2007, 12:01 PM
I learned something terrific yesterday: if you take a really cold but still liquid beer out of the freezer and open it, the beer will freeze within seconds. The freezing trick also works if instead of opening the beer, you give the unopened bottle a sharp rap. The reasons I've found online for why the trick works varies slightly for the two cases. According to Daryl Taylor's site for science teachers, opening the bottle changes the pressure in the bottle and thus lowers the temperature:

http://www.kottke.org/06/11/frozen-beer-tricks

Type - O
04-24-2007, 12:02 PM
im gonna try that right now

Zero
04-24-2007, 12:04 PM
im gonna try that right now

lol i wish i could im at work and they wouldnt like that

Type - O
04-24-2007, 12:07 PM
lol wutever, aftter the beer has frozen just smash his dome in

Chinky
04-24-2007, 12:11 PM
lol wutever, aftter the beer has frozen just smash his dome in

lol...

yea i have no beer at the crib. but i think it only works with certain ones.

but try it anyway. put it in the freezer and wait till it gets dumb cold. and then pull that biche out and tap it. lmk what happens

Type - O
04-24-2007, 12:15 PM
im using a bud

honduh_head
04-24-2007, 12:17 PM
haah this is funny

ek-juan
04-24-2007, 12:24 PM
Here is this one.... for those who dont drink beer...lol.....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lISK1YFcZBM&mode=related&search=

hawaii_DA6
04-25-2007, 08:10 AM
cant believe no one knows this.

havent you guys tried to cool a beer faster in the freezer, then forget its in there.

when you take it out, its still perfectly liquid, and when you open it, it freezes over completely in about a minute? it is due to pressure drop, which in turn lowers freeze/ boiling point.

try it.

Chinky
04-25-2007, 08:16 AM
cant believe no one knows this.

havent you guys tried to cool a beer faster in the freezer, then forget its in there.

when you take it out, its still perfectly liquid, and when you open it, it freezes over completely in about a minute? it is due to pressure drop, which in turn lowers freeze/ boiling point.

try it.

and what about the water one?

hawaii_DA6
04-25-2007, 08:31 AM
Water is not under pressure, it also does not contain any alcohol or flavoring, so the water has many less impurities to form a crystal off of.

take a bottle of water that is super-cooled. if it has not been disturbed and has not had the chance of forming any crystals, than it will not become a solid. Ice crystals need other ice crystals to build off of.

once a super-cooled liquid is able to form a single microscopic ice crystal, only than will it become a solid.

HEADSHOT
04-25-2007, 04:55 PM
it works with regular bottles of water too

Cereal_Killer
04-25-2007, 06:57 PM
thats pretty cool. i bet you can piss alot f people off by doing it. hand them a bear and ting...instant freeze. i get people that we invite over all the time that drink beer be cool to try it on them as they get ready to drink, lol!