PDA

View Full Version : Need a decision QUICK (coilovers)

Tweeder
04-25-2007, 04:30 PM
ok, I'm about to have an aneurysm over this! I desperetly need a new suspension. my current struts are blown and i have the shittiest coilover sleeves available to man. I just cant decide on which coilover struts to buy for my 92 eg! people keeps jerking my two different ways. K sports or Omni adj.
SSSOOOOO, I need someones help to give me a definitive answer. I want them for drag and street purposes but I still want a nice ride quality. and these 2 seem to be within my budget.

p.s. and yes I know about the "suspension setup" thread by Babyrex22.... but that still doesnt give me the answer I'm looking for.

tfizzle
04-25-2007, 04:35 PM
Tein....

*inFamous*
Omni in my oppinion, but i suggest doing your research and deciding what you need.

But what do i know right? lol

Revhard2003
I Voted. LOL looks like a lot of people have'n suspension issues

taggart_lumpy
04-25-2007, 04:39 PM
1.omni
2.skunk2 with drag springs
3.k sport

tfizzle
04-25-2007, 04:44 PM
got TEIN's spent alot of money but couldnt be happier

Tweeder
04-25-2007, 05:10 PM
Omni in my oppinion, but i suggest doing your research and deciding what you need.

But what do i know right? lol

I trust ya, but I just want to get a good consensus before a spend that much money on something this drastic. plus I'm VERY indecisive about a lot of things

I Voted. LOL looks like a lot of people have'n suspension issues

just that time of the year i guess

got TEIN's spent alot of money but couldnt be happier

and TEINs are just way outta my price range

imm0rtal
04-25-2007, 05:10 PM
got TEIN's spent alot of money but couldnt be happierShit yeah man! The ride quality on my Super Streets is freakin great!

For the budget though, I would go with the Omnis for sure :thumbup:

tegmister
04-25-2007, 05:16 PM
omnis.

hawaii_DA6
04-25-2007, 08:49 PM
for those of you who havent experienced the ride quality in vehicles eqquiped with these suspension set ups, your opinion cannot be counted as a first hand experience.

If I were you, I would be only consulting those who have ridden in vehicles with both set-ups.

I vote Omnis....

again...

for the fifth time today....

Tweeder
04-25-2007, 08:55 PM
for those of you who havent experienced the ride quality in vehicles eqquiped with these suspension set ups, your opinion cannot be counted as a first hand experience.

If I were you, I would be only consulting those who have ridden in vehicles with both set-ups.

I vote Omnis....

again...

for the fifth time today....

extreamly good point... so have you?

hawaii_DA6
04-25-2007, 09:01 PM
This was from another post I made here.
http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?p=344860#post344860
Hope this helps.

Again...

I have experienced the ride quality in vehicles equiped with...

Tein Flex's --- friends EG
Tein flex's --- friends 95 240sx
Tein SS --- friends EG
Omni 6 way --- my EG
K sport --- friends EG
Function Form "first gen" --- friends DC

and a lot of other suspension setups not listed.

overall, I like mines. Now, before people start to hate, listen to my reasons.

1. Omni's piston size is larger diameter than most others listed, this provides stronger damper build, displaces more oil/ Fina fluid than other dampers for the same stroke, and can disipate more heat than other dampers.

2. Omni's ride height is easily adjusted, but so are all coilovers nowdays.

3. 6 way dampening adjustability is "in some ways" better than a 32 way, why you ask? well, if you have ever adjusted a 32 way, you know that you cannot "feel" a difference in dampening/ jounce and rebound force, with one, two or even three clicks. so why have 32 valve positions, when you call only feel every 4 or 5 positions over. plus, if you, or some dumbshit comes over and turns your valve adjuster, turning and resetting a 6 way becomes way less of a hassle than ressetting a 32 way when you have lost your place.

4. Omni's spring rates are for the most part, firmer than most other coilovers. " to each his own on this "

pm me if you would like more first hand experience w/ Omni Power coilovers.

As for the Teins. I must say, Tein has done perfect with their piston valving. these coilovers are as comfertable as a Lexus when set at its softest setting, and can go to as hard as a circuit setup on its firmest setting. these are no doubt great quality coilovers, but in my opinion, slightly overpriced. my opinion.

The Function Form's " first gen " coilovers, I did not like. way to soft, little dampening adjustability, and the body construction was way too thin. Spring rates were by far not meant for the track, and seemed like the threads on the lower body got maared and damaged way to easily. I am sure there new second gens are a lot better.

The K sports were ok. Spring rates on the car I rode in were not as nearly as hard as mine, so the only comfirmation I can give you is that they feel like a smooth riding coilover, easy to adjust, and feel " in hand " like good quality coilovers.

These are only my opinions, so please, if anyone has other views on this, share. Try not to bash on my first hand experiences.

Hope this helps a little.

Tweeder
04-25-2007, 09:20 PM
hahaha I forgot about that

AZDC2
04-25-2007, 09:37 PM
voted

ILIKETODRIVE
04-25-2007, 09:42 PM
I got full S2's (8K/6K I believe). I <3 them.

I've riden in an EG with RA's (10K/8K I believe)/DB with SS's (7K/4K I believe) /EM1 with Basic's/EG with OMNI's (10K/12K)/EF with GC's (450's/350's)/etc etc...I like mine and the RA's the best with the OMNI's being a bit rough with the higher than usual spring rates.

tincam84
04-25-2007, 10:10 PM
Maybe there should just be a thread in the suspension tech section that talks about the different suspensions available and how to chose whats right for you. Team-Integra.net has some pretty good reads in the articles area if you haven't checked that out yet. There seems to be a huge following of Omni fans around these parts... and for the people talking about spring rates, most of these companies will allow you to order custom spring rates. I vote other = read through some articles.

*inFamous*
04-26-2007, 12:07 AM
I got full S2's (8K/6K I believe). I <3 them.

I've riden in an EG with RA's (10K/8K I believe)/DB with SS's (7K/4K I believe) /EM1 with Basic's/EG with OMNI's (10K/12K)/EF with GC's (450's/350's)/etc etc...I like mine and the RA's the best with the OMNI's being a bit rough with the higher than usual spring rates.

Keep in mind the omni's u rode in were with the highest spring rates available :) totally user selected.

The sports come with 8 and 10k :)

And yea the s2's i sold you are friggin dope :)

Tweeder
04-26-2007, 12:07 AM
Maybe there should just be a thread in the suspension tech section that talks about the different suspensions available and how to chose whats right for you.

X2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*inFamous*
04-26-2007, 12:09 AM
Honeslty, go ride around in some ppls cars with the different suspensions u seek.

But for your your price range, teins are just to far up there, and while i like the s2's (i sell them to and have had many a happy customer with them), the omni's attractive pricing and larger than normal piston makes them a joy for heavier cars (not ef's haha)

Revhard2003
04-26-2007, 08:04 AM
Maybe there should just be a thread in the suspension tech section that talks about the different suspensions available and how to chose whats right for you. Team-Integra.net has some pretty good reads in the articles area if you haven't checked that out yet. There seems to be a huge following of Omni fans around these parts... and for the people talking about spring rates, most of these companies will allow you to order custom spring rates. I vote other = read through some articles.

I agree with tincam84; it seems this would be very helpful to many here at AZHT to have a suspension tech thread. In my short time here I have seen this question pop up a lot in regard to what suspension system one should use.

The best thing about this is that it really all comes down to the owner making the decision (of course); like most have stated before do some homework and read up. The best we can do for anyone is give some sound advice from our experiences which I must say is a shit load when combining everyone together.

If you do not have a lot of friends who car's you can try out then your best bet would be to take into consideration all the postings and your research then decide for yourself. If the setup does not work for you in the long then sell'm and learn from your own experience with them. Everyone has different standards so you will have a hundred different opinions.

So far the best bet would be OMNI's once again if you are on a budget. If you have a $1000+ to throw into a higher end brand then go for it but keep in mind you could have put that extra money somewhere elss into your ride.

Lastly it is your hard earned cash so make an educated decision so that when it comes down to it, you have justified your own reasoning for the purchase.

hawaii_DA6
04-26-2007, 08:19 AM
I agree with tincam84; it seems this would be very helpful to many here at AZHT to have a suspension tech thread. In my short time here I have seen this question pop up a lot in regard to what suspension system one should use.

The best thing about this is that it really all comes down to the owner making the decision (of course); like most have stated before do some homework and read up. The best we can do for anyone is give some sound advice from our experiences which I must say is a shit load when combining everyone together.

If you do not have a lot of friends who car's you can try out then your best bet would be to take into consideration all the postings and your research then decide for yourself. If the setup does not work for you in the long then sell'm and learn from your own experience with them. Everyone has different standards so you will have a hundred different opinions.

So far the best bet would be OMNI's once again if you are on a budget. If you have a $1000+ to throw into a higher end brand then go for it but keep in mind you could have put that extra money somewhere elss into your ride.

Lastly it is your hard earned cash so make an educated decision so that when it comes down to it, you have justified your own reasoning for the purchase.

:goodpost: :thumbup: :clap:

Revhard2003
04-26-2007, 08:21 AM
My bad they do have a tech thread for wheels/tires/suspension. Did I mention I have only been here for a short time.

hawaii_DA6
04-26-2007, 08:24 AM
no.... but you do only have 48 posts lol.

Revhard2003
04-26-2007, 08:31 AM
Yeah this is only my second week here at azht. Hey my Mom lives in Hawaii Kailua - my bad if I spelled it wrong. Sorry a bit off the topic. I was raised on the small island of Guam.. I so miss the beach!

ILIKETODRIVE
04-26-2007, 09:10 AM
My bad they do have a tech thread for wheels/tires/suspension. Did I mention I have only been here for a short time.

Haha, nice cover. :clap:

Revhard2003
04-26-2007, 09:35 AM
lol Thanks :0

Tweeder
04-26-2007, 03:53 PM
SSSOOOOO I'm going with the OMNIs DVI gave me a really good price so Im about to leave to go pick them up in phoenix

.......I hate driving up there

RhdRicheeee
04-28-2007, 11:35 PM
SSSOOOOO I'm going with the OMNIs DVI gave me a really good price so Im about to leave to go pick them up in phoenix

.......I hate driving up there

DVI :clap: :clap:

lock the thread now!