PDA

View Full Version : a couple ???'s about JDM front end

-Hollister-
04-25-2007, 11:05 PM
first off, to do the JDM front end on an 89 CRX, do i have to get the fenders, hood, headlights....blah blah blah, or can i just get the headlights and hood and call it good? basically, i just want the JDM Carbon fiber hood, but i know i'd have to get the headlights too cuz there would be a gap. let me know what all i'd have to get in order to rock a JDM style hood. (i'm sure i'll need almost all of it, but i'm just making sure)

secondly, if i do a sohc vtec in my rex, (which is already multiport) will i have to switch to OBD-1 so i can run a VTEC ECU? or can i just run the obd0 B16 ECU and call it good. i know i could run the OBD0 ECU, but what about the intake manifold? will it matter if i'm running an OBD1 intake manifold? or will i have to just switch out the harness?

let me know guys. thanks.

Smoot
04-25-2007, 11:07 PM
On the front end, wiht the head lights the inner corners are more pointy. Witch is going to mess wiht the US bumper, due to the fact the us head lights are rounder.

HEADSHOT
04-25-2007, 11:08 PM
[QUOTE=-Hollister-;388260]first off, to do the JDM front end on an 89 CRX, do i have to get the fenders, hood, headlights....blah blah blah, or can i just get the headlights and hood and call it good? basically, i just want the JDM Carbon fiber hood, but i know i'd have to get the headlights too cuz there would be a gap. let me know what all i'd have to get in order to rock a JDM style hood. (i'm sure i'll need almost all of it, but i'm just making sure)

secondly, if i do a sohc vtec in my rex, (which is already multiport) will i have to switch to OBD-1 so i can run a VTEC ECU? or can i just run the obd0 B16 ECU and call it good. i know i could run the OBD0 ECU, but what about the intake manifold? will it matter if i'm running an OBD1 intake manifold? or will i have to just switch out the harness?

let me know guys. thanks.[/QUOT.
let me just say the easy answer.. no i beleive the hood and bumper got to gether..

noVtecHERE
04-25-2007, 11:09 PM
u have to use a OBD-1 ecu or chipped OBD-0, u can use your stock PM6 chipped and use a Bin from Xenocrons website that u just run the Vtec Wire to the A/C output on the ECU and u have a Vtec ECU, i could set it up for u if not just ask around or use window switch for a Vtec activation switch, again that is unless u go OBD-1... if u run a PR3 u will run rich and also throw some codes, the OBD-1 IM should be fine, just make sure u use the right map sensor which even if the throttle body has one just leave the purge sylinoid and the map sensor on the firewall... IMO...

-Hollister-
04-25-2007, 11:18 PM
cool...that's what i thought. thanks guys. i think i'm gonna end up going with a b16 anyhow, but a sohc would just be so much cheaper seeing as how i already have a good tranny and axles etc. etc.

so i should just go ahead and get the WHOLE JDM front end huh? lol

2poor2tune
04-25-2007, 11:18 PM
i would use the pm6 with a vtec controller. and the obd-0 dizzy. but if you want to do it the right way in all honesty. you should do it this was. get your self an obd-1 conversion and swap it over. and get a p28 and call it a day. it will run so much better with less of a hassle

2poor2tune
04-25-2007, 11:19 PM
oh and if you want the jdm style hood only. why dont you just buy one moddified for the stock us crx front end. they make carbonfiber ones. good luck

ILIKETODRIVE
04-25-2007, 11:20 PM
get your self an obd-1 conversion and swap it over. and get a p28 and call it a day. it will run so much better with less of a hassle

Along with a Z6 dizzy and modify your dizzy plugs on your harness. And a 4-wire O2. And wire up VTEC. And etc...

I am 110% for OBD-1 conversions and will never run OBD-0 again!

2poor2tune
04-25-2007, 11:27 PM
Along with a Z6 dizzy and modify your dizzy plugs on your harness. And a 4-wire O2. And wire up VTEC. And etc...

I am 110% for OBD-1 conversions and will never run OBD-0 again!

yay!!! i have never done a conversion but would like to very much. never had the cash. huh. maybe thats why my motor blew up. lol. turbo ls

ILIKETODRIVE
04-26-2007, 12:50 AM
On mine it was easy because I'm NA non-VTEC SOHC. Just needed a P06 (socketed with a stock chip so that I can easily be tuned in the future), B7 dizzy, ECU jumper harness, dizzy jumper.

-Hollister-
04-26-2007, 01:31 AM
yeah....i'm no good with wiring and don't intend on learning if you know what i mean =)

noVtecHERE
04-26-2007, 02:19 AM
for sure simon, im going OBD-1 soon also, working on a new nitrous setup... and need to retune, went 325 miles on this last tank, o2 sensor is still off working on some kinks, once i turn it on i am hoping for 400 a tank, but we will see, did i mention the 325 was beating on it a lot to :)... goodluck hollister, crx`s are fun... they r light as all hell...

-Hollister-
04-27-2007, 08:59 PM
:)