PDA

View Full Version : Identity Theft, heard of IT?

neverlift
04-26-2007, 08:44 AM
A good friend of mine out in San Diego is in jail because someone was using his driving license while they were going across country getting outstanding tickets. He has to hire an attorney that he can't afford, to try and prove it wasn't him. This s#$t's out of control, and the majority of ya'll act like it's not going to affect you, or you think it's just about credit or money you don't have. When yea, you won't have money after it already happens to you and you weren't protected. Cause it is very expensive, and time, try 600 hrs of 9-5 time.

Be smart tuners, real tuners have to be smart and safe-or it might cost you your freedom.
"Freedom ain't Free-You gotta fight for It!"

Don't hate the player, hate the game

RhdRicheeee
04-26-2007, 09:15 AM
Be smart tuners, real tuners have to be smart and safe-or it might cost you your freedom.

Haahahhaah man these parts made me laugh soooooooo headache

Sucks for your friend though

Chiodos
04-26-2007, 09:21 AM
damn that blows... some mesican doood was using my cousins SSN in tucson and was effin up his credit donno what happened though it was weird

sssmokin05si
04-26-2007, 09:29 AM
Welcome to America. And people here, welcome to Arizona. If I remember right, #1 for identity theft.

jägermeister
04-26-2007, 09:30 AM
Welcome to America. And people here, welcome to Arizona. If I remember right, #1 for identity theft.

x2

thank goodness for WaMu's free Identity Theft Insurance ;) (had to toot my horn again :) )

tegswin
04-29-2007, 01:20 AM
www.id-confirm.com

The future right hurrr.

Relix
04-29-2007, 01:45 AM
Welcome to America. And people here, welcome to Arizona. If I remember right, #1 for identity theft. I'm still battling to get my credit back to where it should be, after some asshat got 4 credit cards with my name and SSN and charged up a storm... Having good credit made it even worse , one account alone was for 15K... Gaurd your shit, shred your mail(hell I burn mine now)

Evil Empire
04-29-2007, 03:19 AM
Haahahhaah man these parts made me laugh soooooooo headache

Sucks for your friend though

haha same here...when I was reading that, I got a mental image in my brain of a ghetto ass black guy rapping about the dangers of identity theft

Nedaaaah
04-29-2007, 07:49 AM
haha same here...when I was reading that, I got a mental image in my brain of a ghetto ass black guy rapping about the dangers of identity theft
haha that shit was hilarious after going on that id confirm site and then reading this..lol.
but yeah working retail for a couple years exposes you to how stupid some people are! its funny when you have certain people come in cracked out of their minds and they try to buy plasma tvs knowing damn well they dont need one

barroom hero
04-29-2007, 10:04 AM
that whole post sounds like myspace spam.

tuybotom
04-29-2007, 11:24 AM
A good friend of mine out in San Diego is in jail because someone was using his driving license while they were going across country getting outstanding tickets. He has to hire an attorney that he can't afford, to try and prove it wasn't him. This s#$t's out of control, and the majority of ya'll act like it's not going to affect you, or you think it's just about credit or money you don't have. When yea, you won't have money after it already happens to you and you weren't protected. Cause it is very expensive, and time, try 600 hrs of 9-5 time.

what the fuck is wrong with you T? are you high or something...?

eviilboy
04-29-2007, 01:45 PM
that whole post sounds like myspace spam.

Oh, it's not.

Identity theft has become a HUGE thing... I remember a long time ago when people just peddled cc's around the net...

Now-a-days you can buy someone's life pretty easily.... if you know the right people.

Owens
04-29-2007, 01:52 PM
It's so insanely easy to take over someones identity, it's why I never carry my CC or use it online. If there's something online I want to purchase, I just go to Walgreens and get a prepaid credit gift card for the amount I want to spend.

TysCb7
04-29-2007, 02:03 PM
i always laugh when people say that their identity was stolen because someone used their credit card. give me a break. :hithead:

TysCb7
04-29-2007, 02:04 PM
It's so insanely easy to take over someones identity, it's why I never carry my CC or use it online. If there's something online I want to purchase, I just go to Walgreens and get a prepaid credit gift card for the amount I want to spend.
secure online account numbers, use them.

stillfading99
04-29-2007, 02:07 PM
my dad, grandpa, and friend all had identify theft. sucks at first but once they figure it out, it alwasy works out

Owens
04-29-2007, 02:27 PM

Owens
04-29-2007, 02:37 PM
i always laugh when people say that their identity was stolen because someone used their credit card. give me a break. :hithead:

The process of proving that my identity was stolen is much more simple than fixing my credit after someone spent a couple thousand in my name at Best Buy. Does Credit Card theft count as identity theft? It sure as fuck does since they are doing it in my social.

Evil Empire
04-29-2007, 03:17 PM
lol this is so funny...AZ's like the number one state for identity theft (the valley anyways) and people are just now finding out about this kinda shit? I thought this thread was supposed to be a joke at first. Well, actually, it still is haha.

TysCb7
04-29-2007, 03:18 PM
The process of proving that my identity was stolen is much more simple than fixing my credit after someone spent a couple thousand in my name at Best Buy. Does Credit Card theft count as identity theft? It sure as fuck does since they are doing it in my social.

They stole your card and made a few purchases on it, shouldn't be that hard to fix. By law credit card companies can only hold you liable for $50 but even at that most companies will charge you nothing. Card theft is an everyday thing, should take no more than 15 minutes to clear up. Is card theft identity theft? In my opinoin no, it sucks, but its an easy fix.

Owens
04-29-2007, 03:59 PM
They stole your card and made a few purchases on it, shouldn't be that hard to fix. By law credit card companies can only hold you liable for $50 but even at that most companies will charge you nothing. Card theft is an everyday thing, should take no more than 15 minutes to clear up. Is card theft identity theft? In my opinoin no, it sucks, but its an easy fix.

You would think so, but it isn't. The only way things could be even slightly restored is if my credit card company filed a charge back with Best Buy, who would in turn fight the charge back because they would be losing about 15k worth of electronics at three different Best Buy stores.

If it were that simple, then any person could go buy something at a local retail store, then just call up their CC company and say "oh, looks like someone bought a $6,500 TV with my CC, when can I expect my balance to be returned to $0?" and then go watch Die Hard 2 on their new 62' HD Plasma TV. Such things are actually investigated, police reports are filed, then your going to be spending months filling out forms that just say "Yep, it wasn't me!" and by the time things are almost back to normal, you're stuck with shitty credit.

JDMitation
04-30-2007, 05:38 PM
why can't he just have his boss or somebody at work vouch for him that he was in a certain place at a certain time when the tickets were issued. then he's home free.

JDMitation
04-30-2007, 05:43 PM
and i see "identity theft" all day at work cuz of people buying pr0nZ putting their credit cards all over the interweb. crazy stuff.