PDA

View Full Version : Caster Adjustment?

Crymson
04-29-2007, 03:19 PM
Hey all, I have a 99 EX coupe, and I hit a pot hole a while back, screwed up my RF something fierce. When I brake, I get pretty vibration from the RF, which I used to attribute to a bent rotor or something from when I hit the pot hole.

Well, it's been chewing tread like crazy, and I finally took a closer look - the RF tire is way back in the wheel well. It rubs when I do a full left turn.

I thought perhaps caster was out, but I don't think that determines where the wheel sits in the well, does it?

Is there anything else I should look for? I've compared the LF and the RF, they look pretty much identical, except for the RF being about 2 inches further back...

Thanks.

slwilke
04-29-2007, 03:35 PM
well i work at just brakes and we do almost everything except for front end alignments the onlything i can think is that your upper or lower control arm is fucked but to be sure i would have to take a look at it.

onefst91hatch
04-29-2007, 03:57 PM
there is no caster adjustment on the factory suspension parts. sounds to me like you bent something. had that happent to my old hatch. lower control arm was bent in the front and it made my right front wheel sit a whole inch farther back in the well then the left front wheel. i would do some measuring cuz im pretty sure you bent something!

ak94gsr
04-29-2007, 03:59 PM
im pretty sure u bent that lower control arm

Crymson
04-29-2007, 04:54 PM
Yeah, I just took everything off, and sure enough, lower arm is bent. I'm amazed the ball joint is still in there.

Assuming I get a new lower control arm, what else would I be looking at replacing? If I had a shop do it (anyone on here give me a deal?) how much would it run? I don't have a huge budget, but I'd like to get it fixed.

Thanks for the replies!

messatsu
04-30-2007, 03:18 PM
Look at replacing your UCA, LCA and and if that doesn't help replace your knuckle too. Take it to an alignment shop so they can tell you what exactly is wrong.