PDA

View Full Version : Nitrous Question

The President
04-29-2007, 03:43 PM
hey whats up guys, anyone have any experience with Nitrous on a stock ls motor with bolt ons? I plan on bumping up the fuel pressure about 2 lbs and run a 75 shot.. any thoughts?

noVtecHERE
04-29-2007, 03:51 PM
what kit? general rule of thumb for that setup woulb be 3 degree ignition retard and 1-2 step colder plugs.. is it wet or dry, if wet leave the fuel pressure, a proper dry kit could still use the help, does it have A vACCUM ASSIST FPR with the sylinoid if it is a dry kit...

onefst91hatch
04-29-2007, 03:52 PM
what kit? general rule of thumb for that setup woulb be 3 degree ignition retard and 1-2 step colder plugs.. is it wet or dry, if wet leave the fuel pressure, a proper dry kit could still use the help, does it have A vACCUM ASSIST FPR with the sylinoid if it is a dry kit...

X2

The President
04-29-2007, 04:01 PM
I know i'm gonna either go ZEX or NX, but not sure yet. would it be easier to just run a wet kit and not have to worry about the fpr? if i go dry then i'll run the AEM FPR with the liquid filled guage. if I go with a wet kit will i still need to retard the timing or should i be ok? the kit will for sure be a dual solenoid kit with purge on a 75 shot. I agree with the colder plugs just forgot to mention that in the previous post. i have to drive this thing daily so i can't be going too extreme. once i get a truck I'll be swapping the ls for a b20 and running a 125 shot :-) you guys have idea what kinda times i shoul see with intake header exhaust intake mani and the 75 shot? looking for a low 14.. think i can get there?

noVtecHERE
04-29-2007, 04:37 PM
well guessing its in an integra low 13`s with some decent driving skill, i would go zex as to there is some simplicities of running the lines because of the box, dry sux unless A) u can tune your own ecu or want to pay someone to do it... or B) unless u have a wideband and can keep close eyes on the a/f ratios on bottle... dry sux for anything above 50 shot without either... i went 150 shot on my LS and never had a problem except for cracking some vallves, u will need to go to some beefierr valves i must say i like supertec valvetrain... and over a 75 shot have someone reputable do your ecu with a good system because retarding ur ignition timing that far will really hurt drivability... cALl me for some good info 480-274-8921 names shawn...

The President
04-29-2007, 05:46 PM
ok, i'll give you a ring a little later tonight. thanks man.... ohh my name is justin.

F40
05-01-2007, 06:04 PM
Logan's 4door DC was running 14.4's on a 75shot... He cooked the valves and now has low compression in 1 cylinder.

noVtecHERE
05-02-2007, 12:16 AM
ouch, leaned out.. thats shitty, hasn`t happened here, thats why dry sux, but eh, it was fast...

The President
05-03-2007, 09:56 PM
yeah i will be attempting to avoid that.. I'll be buying the nitrous along with a spare motor in the same day to make sure i have an emergency swap if need be. my personal favorite, watching someone run stock plugs and melt the shit out of them in a bottle and a half... hahahaha dumbasses