PDA

View Full Version : puttering teggy

DA_Doc
04-29-2007, 08:58 PM
so yesterday i was driving back home from getting my oil change(didnt have time to do it fri/sat morning) so i paid econo lube n tube to do it. so as i was almost to my neighborhood my car started puttering.. it didnt start so bad but as i drived a little more and more it started getting worse. then, in any gears and under 25k rpm it puttered. if under 25k i stepped on the gas it would struggle to speed up. im guessing it would be the injectors? anyone got any suggestions?

Type - O
04-29-2007, 09:08 PM
sparks plus, wires, dizzy. one of those would be my gas right now

Broskiballa
04-29-2007, 09:30 PM
does it sputter when u acelerate slowly?
cuz mine does it too. it struggles to acelerate slowly. and when u step on the gas. it goes away. it could deffiantly be a dizzy. hmmm..

YewllowDA
04-29-2007, 10:58 PM
same here, but i get used to it.
maybe its just wrong time it happened.

The President
04-29-2007, 11:29 PM
anytime you have this kinda problem just remind yourself what a motor needs to run properly, air, fuel, and spark. of course you're getting air, but check the fuel and spark. first things first, pop the hood and listen for a kind of "zapping" noise, make sure all your plug wires are good and not arcing to the plugs (this happened to my teg). usually an if an injector is going bad you'll notice a lope in the motor and the problem usually goes away under a heavy foot. start simple and just check the connection between the plugs, wires, and distibutor. if you don't seem to notice any type of arcing then take a screw driver and place the metal end of it on the injector, put the handle to your ear and listen to the ticking noise, check all four and see if you notice any difference in the ticking pattern. if you do then the injector that seems to be "off beat" from the others is probably going bad. a good mechanic can tyically hear this w/o the screw driver but is a good aid for an untrained ear. if you've check all this and nothing seems out of place then of course you should check for engine codes. any further outside of that and i would reccomend taking it to a tech to get diagnosed. don't be afraid to try replacing the simple stuff. if that doesn't solve the problem just keep in mind that Autozone returns just about anything. hope this helps man.

YewllowDA
04-29-2007, 11:34 PM
i use stethoschpe. hehe :0
i also thinking of the ignitor. not enoguh "voltage reserve" to ignite the mixture at higher pedal.

onefst91hatch
04-30-2007, 10:30 PM
i use stethoschpe. hehe :0
i also thinking of the ignitor. not enoguh "voltage reserve" to ignite the mixture at higher pedal.

X2 but could be a number of things as phoenixheat_2002 said. but just start simple!

DA_Doc
04-30-2007, 11:11 PM
thanks guys. i changed my dizzy tonight with tegmister and it fixed the tach problem. so tomorrow im gonna do my spark plugs and seals(last time head was taken offthere was a little oil in one of the spark plugs)so hopefully that does the trick

DA_Doc
05-03-2007, 11:24 PM
so we changed the spark plugs and the seals. and put in injector cleaner. and the car is runing pretty good. its still getting better tho. still kind of puttering but barely and its only sometimes. so sometime soon i should buy new wires and hopefully that should do the trick