PDA

View Full Version : Honda Dealer People !!

elbowpunk
04-30-2007, 10:33 PM
hello guys/gals ... its time for me to get into the Honda Dealer and was wondering what postions an 18yr old can fill in .... i will be attending UTI or AAI this coming Fall for a career in the Automotive field.. and wanna be an auto tech .. i also have expericance in Collision Repair as well (in EVIT) and was wondering how i can start in the dealer.... i rather not be a lot attendant but hey if thats what it takes, im all go !

so maybe a lot att. or maybe an autobody aprent. ... ??

what are some starting pays for the dealer and what not... i wanna work at the Tempe Autoplex or somewhere close to that ... anyone from a honda or acura dealer please holler and throw in some advice

*inFamous*
04-30-2007, 10:34 PM
No matter what position u want, u'll start as a lube tech. Go get ur hands dirty now. From there, they will promote you to an apprentice someplace else.

Thats how service works. Lube tech no matter what.. unless u wanna go one step back to Lot attendant.

I suggest getting in there now and get dirty! The sooneer u get through that the better!

*inFamous*
04-30-2007, 10:37 PM
oh one other thing

DO not work for showcase or tempe honda if you can avoid it. The latter is where i worked, great co-workers but having 3 bosses will kic your ass someday.

Superstition is a great starters place along with honda cars of mesa/gilbbert

elbowpunk
04-30-2007, 10:40 PM
wait ... literally kick my ass or just bust my balls all over the place...

cuz i cant stand ppl who NAG AND NAG as long as im doing my shit right / on time... u kno ?

how much does a **LUBEEEE TECH** start out ??
thanks Ravi !

*inFamous*
04-30-2007, 10:41 PM
lubies start at like 8 - 9 per hour.

And i mean nag. I outperformed all other 3 lubetechs combined and still got nagged hardcore until i was promoted.

elbowpunk
04-30-2007, 10:45 PM
whats the punishments for a wrench in the nuts ... hahah jk

idk i need to get out of the Geocery Busins. FO SHO
and the more i work in an Auto place, the better my chances of making BANK in the future !

*inFamous*
04-30-2007, 10:50 PM
whats the punishments for a wrench in the nuts ... hahah jk

idk i need to get out of the Geocery Busins. FO SHO
and the more i work in an Auto place, the better my chances of making BANK in the future !

Honestly dude, after being in that business for awhile, i'd stay outta it. I made good money but it took a toll on my body and in the long run, woudn't have gotten me anywhere.

auex
04-30-2007, 11:24 PM
Where did you go Ravi?

*inFamous*
04-30-2007, 11:26 PM
I work for independent shops now doing OEM quality work, and run Shift Fast Performance on the side. Among 20 other little projects :)

Type - O
04-30-2007, 11:29 PM
hmmm...i might do that. i need a summer job

*inFamous*
04-30-2007, 11:33 PM
honda dealers wont hire for 'summer jobs'. they are little bitches about it. Took them 6 months to find me a replacement when i worked there (i didn't get my promotion when promised because they are gay when it comes to hiring).

Honestly, KIA and HYUNDAI are great places to work due to a much more relaxed work environment with similar pay and more job opportunity. I know alot of lubies are apprenticing within 6 months. Honda, the wait is up to 2 years.

My buddy fran, a UTI graduate JUST got promoted to apprentice after 2.5 years. Hes a good tech, honda just is slow moving compared to many other dealers.

Its much easier to learn at OTHER dealerships and TRANSFER to honda.

Type - O
04-30-2007, 11:35 PM
hmmm......well not thread jacking. anyone know of any good summer jobs

*inFamous*
04-30-2007, 11:38 PM
for some decent scrilla, try valet. Its great during the summers cuz the theaters are packed every night of the week, not just the weekends, unlike normal school years.

usually 3-4/hr pay but when i did it i would rake in about 350 a weekend... WEEKEND. 2 DAYS. :) Tips pwn.

Type - O
04-30-2007, 11:41 PM
hmmm.....how does one apply to this job?

DXE
04-30-2007, 11:41 PM
Dude fuck working for a honda dealer... just start your own honda dealership like me :D

Type - O
04-30-2007, 11:43 PM
^^^hire Me!

DXE
04-30-2007, 11:45 PM
what can you do for me? Sell? be my Tech?

ill be hiring trustworthy people in the next few months as i get more cars and need more man power to move all of them...

as a salesmen i will give 30% of my profit on any car

Asthmatic
04-30-2007, 11:54 PM
hmmm......well not thread jacking. anyone know of any good summer jobs

Pizza delivery driver...no joke. I average about 65 bucks a night plus about 7/hour. And thats only working 3-4 hours a night....job is cake.

elbowpunk
05-01-2007, 06:51 AM
Pizza delivery driver...no joke. I average about 65 bucks a night plus about 7/hour. And thats only working 3-4 hours a night....job is cake.

^it might be wise to kno every cross roads as well :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Zero
05-01-2007, 06:58 AM
what can you do for me? Sell? be my Tech?

ill be hiring trustworthy people in the next few months as i get more cars and need more man power to move all of them...

as a salesmen i will give 30% of my profit on any car

shit i can sell or lube tech for ya...i just want maybe a weekend job for a few hours a day cause i have full time m-f but sat and sun would be good for extra cash to fix up the ride...lol

DXE
05-01-2007, 09:21 AM
shit i can sell or lube tech for ya...i just want maybe a weekend job for a few hours a day cause i have full time m-f but sat and sun would be good for extra cash to fix up the ride...lol

learn how to open up and inspect honda transmissions, and ill pay you 50-100$ per job depending on how much of your time it takes up

Zero
05-01-2007, 01:40 PM
learn how to open up and inspect honda transmissions, and ill pay you 50-100$ per job depending on how much of your time it takes up

sweet ill learn it and ill let you know when i've mastered this bro... part time job is what i need lol

elbowpunk
05-01-2007, 02:49 PM
ya... ok back to the SUBJECT ... anyone else in the Dealer ?

*inFamous*
05-01-2007, 03:09 PM
Go check out Superstition or Honda Cars of mesa... Hcm is getting a new facility soon to!

mottrhed
05-01-2007, 07:35 PM
there are a couple of people on here that work at or have worked at a dealership, including me. i cannot agree with ravi more but if you want to be a honda tech you can make some decent money after you put your time in. DONT GO TO SCHOOL, not if you plan to work for honda. it will do you no good. i am living proof.

elbowpunk
05-01-2007, 10:25 PM
but like i c what ur saying, but like if so ever i say get "fired or layed off" i will have my back up from school along with my expericence with the dealer ... so i cant lose ... idk maybe im thinkin about this way to much than it seems

im going in tomorrow and asking a Shit load of quesitons

thanks!

*inFamous*
05-01-2007, 10:27 PM
UTI is the biggest waste of money if u want to work at 95% of the dealerships.

They train you from the ground up THEIR way. They hate pre-trained techs.

I actually had 4 UTI heads that i had to supervise all day after only working there for 3 months. It was retarded.

You can make money but honestly, the fact of the mater is, someday u'll be to old to do it and then, your basically boned unles your management material.

Get a BA, find something else to do. Like manage a dealership :)

elbowpunk
05-01-2007, 10:34 PM
but i wanna work on cars tho ... and i cant just not go to college... like i HAVE to go ... 'parents rules' IDKKKKK way to confusing....

*inFamous*
05-01-2007, 10:35 PM
but i wanna work on cars tho ... and i cant just not go to college... like i HAVE to go ... 'parents rules' IDKKKKK way to confusing....

You can go to NORMAL college and still work on cars. a cert from UTI is ONLY good in one particular field... and its not that valuable either...

a BA will get you ANYWHERE!

boostedlude3g
05-01-2007, 11:07 PM
My buddy started at honda as a grease monkey. They ended up really liking him and put him on OJT with the master tech. Took the ASE's and now he is certified. All in all it took about a year to do.

*inFamous*
05-02-2007, 01:05 AM
My buddy started at honda as a grease monkey. They ended up really liking him and put him on OJT with the master tech. Took the ASE's and now he is certified. All in all it took about a year to do.

Exaclty. schooling is useless in this field as they'll make u go through THESE steps anyhow.

Get a degree in something like business or marketing or something that you can do WHEN U GET OLD and cant wrench full time anymore

mottrhed
05-02-2007, 06:47 PM
im a honda tech, i didnt grad from anything, which proves my point

1. uti means nothing to honda
2. ase means nothing to honda

just get a job as a lube tech and help the mainline guys every chance you can. belive me you will learn more in 6 months than at uti

*inFamous*
05-03-2007, 12:03 AM
im a honda tech, i didnt grad from anything, which proves my point

1. uti means nothing to honda
2. ase means nothing to honda

just get a job as a lube tech and help the mainline guys every chance you can. belive me you will learn more in 6 months than at uti

Totally agree

And spend ur school money on something that u can do when u get sick/tired/injured of wrenching

Blue92teg
05-03-2007, 02:09 AM
working for a honda dealership sucks. I was at honda cars of mesa for a number of years as a detailer, I hated it. as far as being a tech u usually start as a lube tech like ravi said and u work your way up from there. personally I would choose a different dealer to work for.
my little brother got hooked up with toyota. he goes to school at gateway for their toyota program. when he's not at school he's apprenticing and getting paid for it at big two toyota with his lead getting the hands-on experience. once he graduates he gets bumped to flat rate pay.

he'll be working on my lex in the future...haha

*inFamous*
05-03-2007, 02:33 PM
yota > honda for dealerships.