PDA

View Full Version : b16a block/gsr head? wtF?

Broskiballa
05-01-2007, 06:39 PM
b16a block
with everything else gsr. head, tranny, ecu, edit*(skunk2 intake manifold, looks kinda like a type R manifold)
obd2 btw..

I bought the motor this way.
I have been told this is the worse fuckin mis of head /blocks u could do.. and then iv'e heard its better headflow with too much bogging.

From wat i know.. and wat i have learned by driving this. It has crappy low end. Vtec doesnt mash in hard. no matter wat ecu u put on it. i tried them all (p30/p30 mugen chipped, obd2 dc2, chipped p28, spoon chipped custom ecu. i think it was a p30 as well)but soo far i still like the 4500* vtec kick soo i kept the obd2 gsr ecu for right now... anyways.. but the high end is fuckin tough!! really tough!! u can feell it pull hard. but. theres shit inbetween idle - 6,500rpms

another thing is.. my friends tell me it smokes a tad bit when i floor it.

headgasket/ bad rings combinatiopn or something? its deffiantly a light smoke. which causes some oil burn.

soo my question is.

wat could be something to do to make this little guy move more?
bad compression? wat da heck?

ctr pistons, new rings, new headgasket?

wat would be interesting to do in this situation?

oh. and here's pic. 3 months of no problems really.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/bropaintballer/MEGGYPOOOOOSTER113.jpg

Broskiballa
05-01-2007, 06:45 PM
I apperciate any help i receive. = ]

mottrhed
05-01-2007, 07:50 PM
1. get it tuned on a dyno, just throwing an ecu in does not work

2. higher compression

3. cams

vtec motors will go through some oil at high rpms but usually not enough to see at the tailpipe. so before you do anything else it is time for a compression and leakdown test, so your not dumping money into a motor that is in need of other things

Broskiballa
05-01-2007, 08:05 PM
how much do you think?and wat exactly does a compression and leaktest actually test?

<3bane
05-01-2007, 10:12 PM
VTEC @ 4500 is wayyyy to fucking early. thats why youre bogging.

Type - O
05-01-2007, 10:19 PM
how much do you think?and wat exactly does a compression and leaktest actually test?

test your seals in the combustion chamber indicating bad gasket or valve seals and such.

DJ NeX
05-01-2007, 11:24 PM
This is hilarious. If anything, that GSR head raised your compression, thus giving you more torque. I tried planning this build out once for someone that owned a b16 that I was gonna let have my GSR. You need a new valvetrain and a set of kickass cams and then a good tune, and you'll have fun with that beast.

honduh_head
05-02-2007, 01:44 PM
check compression first...if thats okay get that thing dyno tuned...its too high compression to run off a stock mapped ecu

Broskiballa
05-02-2007, 02:45 PM
<3Bane- reguardless. it bogged with every other ecu even 5800 vtec kick. same thing.
type-o- will do so.
djnex- bro ive heard from everyone its the worse setup. haha ANd i bought it like this. rofl! Has anyone every did this craziness before? i mean.. everyones heard of the poormans type R but wtf is this? economic R?

200ctr- Ok. wheres a place to get meh shit dyno'ed at?

all- wat exactly are they doing in a comperssion test, and a leak down test?