PDA

View Full Version : passing emissions

boostedlude3g
05-01-2007, 10:50 PM
I am about to have my prelude shipped to Phoenix and I am wondering about emissions. When I lived in Louisville Ky I registered my car in a different city that didn't do emissions testing. What is the possibility of doing that here. I have never had my car tested since going turbo so I have no idea if I would even pass.

Thanks for the help.:clap:

hawaii_DA6
05-01-2007, 11:02 PM
Is your vehicle registered in AZ?

boostedlude3g
05-01-2007, 11:29 PM
Is your vehicle registered in AZ?

not yet. It will be towards teh end of june.

90civicsi
05-01-2007, 11:50 PM
just run it threw whats the worst that could happen? it be like a coke "please try again"
if at all posable go to scottsdale!!

boostedlude3g
05-02-2007, 08:26 AM
just run it threw whats the worst that could happen? it be like a coke "please try again"
if at all posable go to scottsdale!!

The worst that could happen? Having to repeatedly take the test and pay for it because if it doesn't pass I am not going to change what ever it takes to pass.

My prelude is not stock. I am running hondata, To4e and full 3" no cat.

Zero
05-02-2007, 08:49 AM
well if you go through, you get three trys here for the price of one test....do you have any family down here? like in yuma az or tonopah az? they do not require emissions there and it would still be registered in az....i would open a yuma po box and have that be your address in either one of those towns.

I think that po box stuff still works but its been a while since i've heard some one do it cause they always had family or something there so they just registered with them instead.
just an idea to try if you dont want to go through emission here....

90civicsi
05-02-2007, 09:02 AM
ya u get 2 trys buy 1 get 1 free lol

boostedlude3g
05-02-2007, 02:03 PM
well if you go through, you get three trys here for the price of one test....do you have any family down here? like in yuma az or tonopah az? they do not require emissions there and it would still be registered in az....i would open a yuma po box and have that be your address in either one of those towns.

I think that po box stuff still works but its been a while since i've heard some one do it cause they always had family or something there so they just registered with them instead.
just an idea to try if you dont want to go through emission here....

Thanks. I will try the p.o. box.

onemisledyuth
05-03-2007, 12:41 AM
go there once and fail. You will get a packet telling you what you could try to pass. And it should tell you the amt of money you have to spend on attempting to repair that fault. IF you can get a shop, or know someone who can make receipts saying you spent that much money on those repairs, and you still fail. you will be exempt from emissions.