PDA

View Full Version : Viper 5900

yeung22
05-02-2007, 04:29 PM
I have a new alarm that I need to have installed. Well actually I planned on installing it myself, so I need a Bitwriter for DEI alarms. If anyone has one I could borrow or buy PLEASE let me know. Thanks!!

advert
05-02-2007, 06:46 PM
why do you need a bitwriter? almost everything that you can be done can also be done threw the valet switch.

yeung22
05-02-2007, 07:26 PM
The installation manual talks about the bitwriter a lot. It just seems like it would make it easier to access all the options. Idk.....have any of you had remote start with a manual tranny? I haven't decided whether or not to install that yet.

advert
05-02-2007, 08:59 PM
The installation manual talks about the bitwriter a lot. It just seems like it would make it easier to access all the options. Idk.....have any of you had remote start with a manual tranny? I haven't decided whether or not to install that yet.

you dont need it. enless you want to change some options like run time for remote start or something. dont worry about it.

remote start on a manual is no good. when you some how accidently remote start and it goes threw your garage your gonna be the only person to blame.

yeung22
05-02-2007, 10:34 PM
remote start on a manual is no good. when you some how accidently remote start and it goes threw your garage your gonna be the only person to blame.

Lol, yeah that is what I'm afraid of. I guess I'll skip that part of the install.