PDA

View Full Version : March 19th NASA at FIR main .. night event

flyzlow
05-03-2007, 02:16 PM
So I won't be making it to the PIR event this weekend, but I'll be gearing up for the 90-min night race at Firebird on the 19th. For anyone interested in spectating, this event should be a blast with day and night sessions, music, drifters, vendors, etc.

Who all is gonna be there?

As far as HC goes, I think it'll be me, Erik, Scott R, and Jason B all running H4/Spec Civic. I put feelers out there to try to get some out-of-staters to come down and take us on, but got no response from the SoCal guys and the NV guys aren't going to make it. I think they're all too scared to take on me and Erik on our home tracks. ;)

I need some headlights before I can run this event. Anyone have any ideas? The JDM 1 pc lights are nice, but they require a different plug and I didn't want to spend a ton of cash since I'll use them like once per year. I saw some headlights on ebay that were 1 pc and worked with the stock wiring (assuming I still have it?) and stock-sized bulbs, but they were still like $150+. I don't really think I'll have the time to rig up a hella or piaa setup or anything, plus those cost bucks.

- Scott

topramn
05-03-2007, 04:29 PM
i will do some checking around sir..

cibola
05-07-2007, 09:03 AM
Scott, I'll be there with Cibola Racing. Jason blew his clutch on Sunday, and the Sturlas were there racing but on Sunday they popped an axel. We should have a good contigency of hondas at the Night Event.

BTW Vince Vaccaro gave me a tire donut on my drivers door in practice. He dive bombed me in corner 5 and didnt have the brakes to keep from hitting me.

See you at the track.

flyzlow
05-07-2007, 09:56 AM
Scott, I'll be there with Cibola Racing. Jason blew his clutch on Sunday, and the Sturlas were there racing but on Sunday they popped an axel. We should have a good contigency of hondas at the Night Event.

Sweet. That sucks about Jason's clutch. Do you think he'll get it fixed in time? Replacing the axle should be no big deal for the Sturlas. I did that between sessions at BW. :-p Erik and I will be there. I just got my headlights working last night. Erik will be trying to dial in a new shock package, so we'll see how quickly he can get it tuned. I'm still talking to a couple of my SoCal friends about coming out, but I wouldn't count on it at this point. The NV guys couldn't make the 19th event, but they should both be back in the fall, so the class should be looking better for the 2nd half of the year.

BTW - do you need shocks for your H2 car? Erik is selling his SPSS3 Konis and GCs. They'll fit the 92-95 civics as well as 94-01 tegs. I've driven his car with those shocks and was pretty impressed. It's the same setup that quite a few of the top guys in SoCal have. He also has a 25mm GC rear swaybar that he's getting rid of that would work for your civic. Hit him up if you're interested.

BTW Vince Vaccaro gave me a tire donut on my drivers door in practice. He dive bombed me in corner 5 and didnt have the brakes to keep from hitting me.

See you at the track.

That sucks. Vince is a nice guy, but a hazzard on the track. I try to stay far away from him if I can. Turn 5 is a terrible place to try to pass someone in practice who isn't pointing you by and it's really only a last resort in a race scenario. Hopefully it didn't mess up your showcar too bad. :D

See you out there.

- Scott

topramn
05-07-2007, 12:21 PM
Hopefully it didn't mess up your showcar too bad. :D

HAHAHA!!!

flyzlow
05-08-2007, 09:05 AM
BTW - I'm going to try to setup an area for all of the Hondas to paddock in. Does everyone like that idea? I figure since there's no garages at FIR, we might as well all be together. I'm thinking like somewhere in the middle along the back fence. There is power there and lots of room to configure however we want. Everyone down for that?

BlueTeg
05-08-2007, 11:28 AM
Absolutely.

What time are you going to get to the track Scott? I wouldn't mind getting out there early and helping you rope off an area for the Honda/Acura guys.

flyzlow
05-08-2007, 01:37 PM
Cool. I'm not sure yet. I'll probably try to be there when it opens. Let me see if I can find out from Jason when that will be.

topramn
05-08-2007, 02:52 PM
gates open at 12 sirs..

BlueTeg
05-08-2007, 05:29 PM
bump to have the title to this thread fixed.

Scott: if you and any of the Tucson HC guys want to get there earlier, unhitch and hang out for a bit in the AC you're welcome to at my place (15 mintue drive from FIR).

flyzlow
05-09-2007, 12:01 AM
Damn, I'm retarded. Fixed.

Thanks for the offer Gabe. I'll probably try to get as much sleep as I can and show up right around noon, but I'll let you know if my plans change.

Edit: Well, I thought it was fixed, but apparently I'm more retarded than I thought. I'm not sure how to change the title.

YewllowDA
05-09-2007, 09:51 AM
its free just to watch rihgt?

topramn
05-09-2007, 10:24 AM

yes.. free to watch..

flyzlow
05-09-2007, 05:45 PM

Come on out. It'll be a good time.

Displacement = bore^2 x stroke x # of cylinders x .8

Hmm ... am I missing something? ... cause that's not right

Displacement = (bore/2)^2 x stroke x 3.14 (pi) x # cyls ... that assumes a flat piston top, but is a pretty close estimation.

- Scott

flyzlow
05-17-2007, 11:15 AM
2 days until the event! Everyone come down and check it out. It should be a great event with drifters, racers, time attack, hot lappers, music, venders, etc. There will also be a parade lap session where spectators can get out on the track behind the pace car to see what it's like to drive the track at night! If you're even a little interested in road racing, don't miss out on this event! It's free to spectators. Everything will get started around 3pm, but most of the fun will be had after dark. This event is scheduled to go until 1am.

topramn
05-18-2007, 10:51 AM
BUMP for TOMORROW reminder

Kinetic
05-20-2007, 02:33 PM
that event was a blast!

ILIKETODRIVE
05-20-2007, 07:06 PM
that event was a blast!

x2

The red hatch was getting cheers from a fellow single-cammer! :hi:

cibola
05-21-2007, 09:10 AM
Thanks for the cheers! 62 mins into the 90 min race I blew a head gasket. I should have it ready for the June 9th morning event. I havce only run Firebird East once so I really want to race in that one.

Again thanks for the support.

dantana
05-21-2007, 09:17 AM
Thanks for the cheers! 62 mins into the 90 min race I blew a head gasket. I should have it ready for the June 9th morning event. I havce only run Firebird East once so I really want to race in that one.

Again thanks for the support.

89 mins into the 90 min race I blew a connecting rod. I should have it ready for the June 9th morning event. I havce only run Firebird East once so I really want to race in that one.

Again thanks for the support

dan sturla

tokyospeedpros
05-21-2007, 11:12 AM
Event was WILD! Everyone should be going to these while they are still free to watch. I had a blast, other than not being able to see the back side of the track at night it was sick. We gotta influence them to put more lights out there.

tokyospeedpros
05-21-2007, 12:23 PM
http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?p=423109#post423109 heres a link to the pics.

BTLD_LS1
05-21-2007, 01:38 PM
hey guys I wanna participate in the event on the 9th, how do I sign up? what cost is involved?

dantana
05-21-2007, 03:44 PM
clubracingaz.com will have all your info to register.

Pete, you guys have any arp b16 headstuds? lets work out a deal homey!

http://img390.imageshack.us/img390/131/cid0520071737fq1.jpg

the loooseboy enduro eg threw a rod, hell i could use a new short block as well.
tell me when to call you!
dan sturla

tokyospeedpros
05-21-2007, 03:52 PM
clubracingaz.com will have all your info to register.

Pete, you guys have any arp b16 headstuds? lets work out a deal homey!

http://img390.imageshack.us/img390/131/cid0520071737fq1.jpg

the loooseboy enduro eg threw a rod, hell i could use a new short block as well.
tell me when to call you!
dan sturla

Yo shoot me a call anytime between 8am -6pm during the week. Lets get her back up and running!

flyzlow
05-21-2007, 05:02 PM
89 mins into the 90 min race I blew a connecting rod. I should have it ready for the June 9th morning event. I havce only run Firebird East once so I really want to race in that one.

dan sturla

85 mins into the 90 min race I ran out of gas. I should have it ready for the June 9th morning event. I havce only run Firebird East once so I really want to race in that one.

scott brewer

flyzlow
05-21-2007, 05:11 PM
hey guys I wanna participate in the event on the 9th, how do I sign up? what cost is involved?

If this is your first event, you will need to sign up for the "HPDE1" class on nasaproracing.com. Go to "Event Registration" and you should see June 9th under the Arizona section. It may not be open for registration yet, so just check back later if you don't see it. You'll need to bring a helmet (M rated is fine) and make sure that your car is totally cleared out of anything that is not tied down. There is some good info in the HPDE section about how to prepare for your first track day and what to expect. If you have questions, feel free to PM me or post on the clubracingaz.com forum.

Firebird East is a fun track. It's tight and technical and pretty challenging. The summer morning events are fun. They are pretty fast paced so that they can get all of the sessions in before it gets too hot.

jeff@loooseboyracing.com
05-22-2007, 10:27 AM
pics here
http://loooseboyracing.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=320

BTLD_LS1
05-23-2007, 01:23 PM
well this blows, you have to have a valid lisence to participate.

dantana
05-23-2007, 02:19 PM

i wouldnt worry about that, hahahh

flyzlow
05-23-2007, 04:34 PM

WTF? Of course you do. You also need one to get yourself to and from the track.

topramn
05-23-2007, 05:45 PM

hahahahaha.. thats just funny..

BTLD_LS1
05-24-2007, 06:26 AM

no u dont you just need to not get caught

dantana
05-24-2007, 01:36 PM
no u dont you just need to not get caught

come on out and get that camaro in the track!
:devil:

topramn
05-24-2007, 02:45 PM
come on out and get that camaro in the track!
:devil:

buy a new motor!

ASPEC
06-24-2007, 10:20 PM
Hey guys, my girl took some pics of the event. So I figured Id share them with you all. Im in the black a-spec dc5.

http://www.arizonarsx.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5132&d=1181457518

http://www.arizonarsx.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5133&d=1181457774

http://www.arizonarsx.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5135&d=1181457788

http://www.azht.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=22285&stc=1&d=1182748725

I come out to these events almost every month, mostly with the guys from azrsx, so some of you may have seen me.

dantana
06-29-2007, 09:55 AM
nice pics!(nice avatar too) now make it to the downloads on time http://www.azht.net/forum/images/smilies/075.gif

topramn
06-30-2007, 06:50 AM
nice pics man.. along with arriving on time for downloads, remember that your helmet should stay on your head until you are in the paddock and stopped..

ASPEC
07-11-2007, 08:04 AM
Damn, good memories, you guys remember exactly the two things I went stupid on. It wont happen again.

Ill be working all summer to come out with a better suspension set-up for next season, cant wait to see how I do without the OEM a-spec poo.

Will also be backing off on the aggressiveness. Hopefully I can get another instructor to ride with me more often, might help to remind me not to push it too hard.

Cant wait to move up through the groups, Id really like to be out there with the drivers thatll hand me my ass. Thanks for the advice Dan, see you guys next season, have a great summer!